watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Worried for Saturday

Started by Shredhead, February 13, 2023, 07:54:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

We totally dominated Forest in the first hour but failed to score the second goal which would have settled the match but were unlucky in hitting the woodwork three times.
Don't underestimate Forest, no one has a better record than them since the break, and they tore into us late in the second half. Again our defence played well and prevented them scoring.

Mitro not at his best but we now face Brighton confident that Willian and Sommers know where the net is and that we have a defence capable of producing clean sheets.

Yes, Brighton will be a tough away game and we will do well to come home with a point but be sure we will be in there fighting and in with a chance.
The game is a 6 pointer for 6th place in the Premier league and a win will keep us above Liverpool and Chelsea. Who thought we would be in this position at this stage of the season.

Southdowns White

Things are looking good for us, I think we have parts of the jigsaw falling into place in terms of our new players and Solomon returning from long term injury. We will have a very good vocal following at Brighton, the team will be up for getting those 40 points sooner rather than later. Onwards and upwards on Saturday.

We Are Premier League

I think we were the beginning of the end for Forest...think they will get nothing from at least 4 out of their next 5 games (maybe even all 5 of them).

flyingfish

Quote from: We Are Premier League on February 13, 2023, 12:35:45 PM
I think we were the beginning of the end for Forest...think they will get nothing from at least 4 out of their next 5 games (maybe even all 5 of them).

Agreed I think they have had a false dawn and will drop like a stone and are firmly in the mix. I still have them as one of the three to go down.

LittleErn

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on February 13, 2023, 10:28:19 AM
Good win and performance against forest apart from a 20 minute spell in the second half where they were quite dominant.

one point of caution however - Forest had their first choice centre halves injured and off after 7 minutes. So this i imagine helped us alot.

From what I saw, I don't think Forest's defence was weakened "a lot" by their changes at CH. Neither of our goals came from pressure on them. Maybe if Mitro had scored the only real chance he had, they could have argued that point. But he didn't. and it was really only the one time we breached their defences in the centre.

Jules

Brighton were not good in their last home game against Bmth and scraped a 1-0 at the end. They drew at Palace. They have had a good season but we must not fear them. Just attack them and press them and we will get chances.

SerbianLad

As others have said, we were great before Shelvey and Dennis came on, which coincided with Mitro's sudden drop in performance(he was excellent in the first half, looked much faster and didn't lose the ball at all while showing great hold up play). After that Forest started to be more dangerous and Mitro seemed to do everything wrong (maybe down to the injury he suffered in warm up?). We defended well though and Solomon scored a nice goal.

As good as Solomon was, I'd start Willian(if fit) and BDR again. Their left side with Estupinan and Mitoma is probably their most dangerous area, and as good as Tete has been this season, he'll need help that BDR can provide. I back Mitro to score, he was close against Forest and he always seems to score against Brighton. I think we can win, for one reason or another, Brighton didn't mamage to beat us for quite some time now, and against Palace, they showed they aren't without weaknesses either.

Jim©

I think we have to put into context that
1) Forest were the division form team
2) Leno had 1 (one) solitary save to make

Personally i thought the first 60 minutes we were unstoppable- there was a element of "if we don't get a second"... But thankfully we did (though left it late).
We should play every game from here until season end with a belief and will to win each one. I hope that we can turn over a few of the teams ahead of us too- we've deserved it thus far.
I doubt any single team will look at us and think easy 3 points.

AJW48361

I thought we were slightly fortunate to beat BHA at home.The Japanese fellow on the Left looked a great talent coming on that Night and has gone from strength to strength since then. Tough Match all in all.

Riverside

I would argue with the op title "worried"

If there is a season when we should simply be excited / looking forward to - this is it
Surely we are safe . So there is no need to worry just ENJOY

Having said that Brighton are a strong team and there is a strong possibility of losing
I do see us though coming away with a point or more

WindyCity

I think that both Brighton and Brentford will be tough games for FFC.  But certainly games where point(s) can be gained.

As far as the Forest game is concerned, I thought we were very good for most of this game.  Clearly the better of the two teams on the pitch for the game.  There was a short spell that Forest was pressuring, but our defense stood up and played well, and Leno made the one save he was tasked to make, and it was a good one on a point blank header.  It's true Mitrovic was off his game in the second half, but that happens.  If FFC plays a game like this v Brighton, I'm sure we will see a favorable result.

Not worried.

hovewhite

No worries,think a point probably 3 looking forward to nearest away game to me.

Shredhead

Sorry for being honest about my impression of the match based on the replay. I agree that if 1 or more of the ones that hit the bar had gone in it would've been different but they didn't. Don't get me wrong, I desperately want us to win on Saturday especially as I live in Brighton and count many (mainly JCL) Seagull fans among my mates. But my main point remains - if we give the ball away and don't take chances,  there's a good chance we won't win.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Twig

Quote from: Shredhead on February 13, 2023, 06:05:40 PM
Sorry for being honest about my impression of the match based on the replay. I agree that if 1 or more of the ones that hit the bar had gone in it would've been different but they didn't. Don't get me wrong, I desperately want us to win on Saturday especially as I live in Brighton and count many (mainly JCL) Seagull fans among my mates. But my main point remains - if we give the ball away and don't take chances,  there's a good chance we won't win.

You shouldn't need to feel you have to apologise about your impression of the match, whatever others' impressions may have been.

davew

A point on Saturday should be deemed as a point won and not 2 dropped.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Mince n Tatties

Worry why?
Our side now are a match for any of the others in the league.

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Fulham Tup North

049:gif
We are such a decent side that I feel Brighton will be more concerned about keeping us out...
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Sting of the North

Quote from: Shredhead on February 13, 2023, 06:05:40 PM

Could also say we could have been punished, but we weren't. Forest in fact created very little actual danger. I feel that your reasoning is a bit like saying that if we continue with our bad habits (giving the ball away, missing chances) but abandon our good habits (scoring the goals, keeping a clean sheet with a solid defensive display), then we could be in trouble. I do agree with that. I still stand by that we dominated one of the form teams in the league for about 75% of the game. If we do that, we will win much more often than we lose. In my opinion.

I don't think you should apologize for your opinion though, I just don't agree with your assessment or conclusion. That is not to say that we lack areas in which we could and should improve.

perry geyton