watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army- Who would have thought?

Started by bog, February 13, 2023, 08:49:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

When we were bumbling along in the old Division 4 and Brighton were playing at The Withdean Stadium that held 5,000 who would have believed that one day a game between us would be a top rated fixture played in the Premier League? Brighton being 6th and Fulham 7th?

'Yeah rite mate wot yer on? Have yer got any going spare like I am after losing 2-1 at Torquay today...'   :016:

092.gif

MikeTheCubed

If it wasn't for the Goals Scored as opposed to Goal Difference experiment, not only would Fulham have been champions but Brighton would have been relegated from the Football League.

bog

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on February 13, 2023, 09:02:58 AM
If it wasn't for the Goals Scored as opposed to Goal Difference experiment, not only would Fulham have been champions but Brighton would have been relegated from the Football League.

Yes. One disappointing and one frightening.   

filham

Yes, Saturday's game is a 6 pointer for 6th position in the Premier League, sounds as if it should be Liverpool v Chelsea instead of Brighton v Fulham.

Dr Know

Quote from: bog on February 13, 2023, 08:49:06 AM
When we were bumbling along in the old Division 4 and Brighton were playing at The Withdean Stadium that held 5,000 who would have believed that one day a game between us would be a top rated fixture played in the Premier League? Brighton being 6th and Fulham 7th?

'Yeah rite mate wot yer on? Have yer got any going spare like I am after losing 2-1 at Torquay today...'   :016:

092.gif
When Brighton first played at the Withdean in 1999 we were in what is now called the championship!

bog

Quote from: Dr Know on February 13, 2023, 12:34:30 PM
Quote from: bog on February 13, 2023, 08:49:06 AM

092.gif
When Brighton first played at the Withdean in 1999 we were in what is now called the championship!

Sorry I didn't mean at the same time but when we were both finding it hard going.