watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kevin McDonald & Jay Stansfield

Started by Grumpy Old Fart, February 14, 2023, 11:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grumpy Old Fart

Watched my local team Exeter this evening. McDonald was superb, leading and marshalling the defence and nearly scored a cracking goal from outside the box but for a great save from the goalie.
I've seen Stansfield a few times now at Exeter. He seems bright, keen and full of running but, I dunno, he's not exactly setting League 1 on fire. Perhaps he's not getting a good service? Just my tuppence worth.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Unfortunately Jay is not the first to have found a level much lower than had been expected of him.let's hope that he does come good but that remains to be seen.

Lordedmundo

It may take longer than we expect - but I think he will eventually play at Premier League level. Unlike some of our other talented youngsters who have failed to make it, he does have good pace and strength. What he does need to do is to learn how to use those attributes a bit better. Hopefully having KMac dictating play behind him will be a big help...

FFC1987

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on February 15, 2023, 11:24:01 AM
Unfortunately Jay is not the first to have found a level much lower than had been expected of him.let's hope that he does come good but that remains to be seen.

Harry Kane struggled on a few loans including championship to Norwich so sometimes, it just doesn't work out.

Jim©

Go
Quote from: FFC1987 on February 15, 2023, 11:47:03 AM
Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on February 15, 2023, 11:24:01 AM

Harry Kane struggled on a few loans including championship to Norwich so sometimes, it just doesn't work out.

Good point and exactly the one I was about to make. Kane played 65 games in the lower divisions and scored 16 times. Far from prolific.

ALso have a mate who went to watch him as a scout for a SW team- he scored so lowly on his one visit that they decided then they didn't want to go after a loan for him.

@jolslover

Honestly, I had to argue with so many people on here who said Stansfield and Jasper were better options than Willian ..

STH H3

ffcthereligion

Quote from: @jolslover on February 16, 2023, 09:43:55 AM
Honestly, I had to argue with so many people on here who said Stansfield and Jasper were better options than Willian ..

The same people were defending people like Ream pre season without any evidence other than their feelings. Just goes to show, sometimes we can be wrong, sometimes we get it right

filham

Well if Stansfield can hit the highlights at Exeter I think an opportunity awaits him at the Cottage, he still belongs to us.