watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

YOUR 11 v Brighton & Hove Albion

Started by Friendsoffulham, February 17, 2023, 01:14:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

How are we lining up against Brighton & Hove Albion on Saturday?

Is there still a slight injury niggle to Willian that may keep him out?

FOF'ers, let us know your preferred 11 below👇🏻

#FFC #FulhsmFC #BHAFUL

049:gif

love4ffc

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on February 17, 2023, 01:14:09 AM

#FFC #FulhsmFC #BHAFUL

I am fine with this lineup as it seems to be the standard go to lineup minus the odd injury.  What I would like to see are subs made quicker no matter how the match is going.   I'd like to see Solomon and Cédric to come on sooner.  Heck if the math is going well I wouldn't mind see Saša Lukić come on and get some minutes.  Whatever is done it needs to be done sooner then later to have time to make a difference. 

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

FFC In Oz

#FFC #FulhsmFC #BHAFUL

If Willian is fit then that's the same lineup as I would go with one change.

Solomon in for BDR

LC

Leno
     Tete Diop Ream Robinson
            Reed Paliniha
Solomon Andreas Willian
               Mitrovic

Dropping BDR is a tough call but I think we should attack Brighton and Solomon looks match fit and ready. He's clearly a left sided winger so I would have him and William swap over throughout the game.

If everyone is fit I think Marco Silva will play this team but start BDR over Solomon

ianthailand

#FFC #FulhsmFC #BHAFUL

Picky i know but why do FoF always put Bobby and Willian the wrong way round?

WhiteJC

Thailand Mick

Quote from: ianthailand on February 17, 2023, 05:05:21 AM

#FFC #FulhsmFC #BHAFUL

Picky i know but why do FoF always put Bobby and Willian the wrong way round?
I think when we play with a front three we need to use the fullbacks for our width so then it would make sense to have our front wide players be inverted and tuck in. Willian benefited from this when scoring against Forest.

filham

As above, the team is picking its self, no point in changing a winning team'

However , we are all waiting to see the two new signings in action so hope we can see Lukic and Soares along with Solomon coming off the bench after an hour or so.

SerbianLad

Same lineup as in the last game please. Brighton's main threat comes from the left side with Mitoma and Estupinan, for that reason I'd keep BDR and leave Solomon on the bench(unless Willian isn't able to start, then Solomon comes in for Willian).

wback

Yeah, no changes. I know many are keen to see Solomon start, but I don't think we want to break up that BDR/Tete/Reed trio (by moving Willian over there), particularly in a game where Brighton are strong down that side (Mitoma vs. Tete/BDR should be a good matchup).

We're going to need to be compact and avoid getting sucked into their traps (their success comes from being able to draw in the opponent's press, work through it and get semi-counter attacks).

bencher

Quote from: wback on February 17, 2023, 10:52:37 AM
Yeah, no changes. I know many are keen to see Solomon start, but I don't think we want to break up that BDR/Tete/Reed trio (by moving Willian over there), particularly in a game where Brighton are strong down that side (Mitoma vs. Tete/BDR should be a good matchup).

We're going to need to be compact and avoid getting sucked into their traps (their success comes from being able to draw in the opponent's press, work through it and get semi-counter attacks).

On this point - a really key feature will be whether we can get the ball to Mitro for him to hold up and play in someone. Short passes in the midfield area could be fodder for their press so we may need to bypass it by playing to quicker to Mitro.

filham

Quote from: bencher on February 17, 2023, 12:25:38 PM
Quote from: wback on February 17, 2023, 10:52:37 AM

On this point - a really key feature will be whether we can get the ball to Mitro for him to hold up and play in someone. Short passes in the midfield area could be fodder for their press so we may need to bypass it by playing to quicker to Mitro.
Or even quicker balls directly to Willian or Solomon in wide position.

WindyCity

Willian to be evaluated today (Fri) on whether he makes trip south.......

filham

Quote from: WindyCity on February 17, 2023, 05:24:06 PM
Willian to be evaluated today (Fri) on whether he makes trip south.......
Disappointing if Willian unable to play but if so he should be replaced by Solomon so Brighton will not be able to relax.
We really are well of with players for the two wide positions, Willian, Solomon, BDR, Wilson and Kebano

Finnans Right Peg

I think if u move Willian over to the wing ,you loose a very good threat in him cutting in and having a shot

Hatch007

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on February 17, 2023, 06:59:24 PM
I think if u move Willian over to the wing ,you loose a very good threat in him cutting in and having a shot
He can cut in from the right and shoot with his left which didn't let him down against Forest

SuffolkWhite

There is a Hodgson esk to Silva that I like, and it is that all the players have to fight for their place! BDR I feel is proof of this. Silva will keep the same team until it doesn't work!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Finnans Right Peg

Quote from: Hatch007 on February 17, 2023, 08:05:41 PM
Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on February 17, 2023, 06:59:24 PM
He can cut in from the right and shoot with his left which didn't let him down against Forest

He can and it was a great goal but he is more dangerous cutting form the left onto his right

filham

This morning's news is that there is doubt about MITRO and Robinson starting, now that is a problem, we will be weaker without those two.