more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Solomon - sign him up

Started by ChesterTheTabby, February 18, 2023, 05:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HammerHead

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on February 28, 2023, 10:47:56 PM
Well based on very little evidence (over a period of games so far), the best case is that he signs for us, the worst case is that he doesn't.

Kind of standard, no?

I mean signing a well known potential that is not PL proven for 7m (E) lets say worse case he flops and FFC gets relegated and now you want to offload him, how much of a loss that could of been? 3/4m? these amounts are a joke, its the budget for socks...

Meanwhile even now you'll have multiple teams happily pay £30m at least, am I wrong?
How do you not see this?

Deeping_white

Quote from: HammerHead on February 28, 2023, 10:54:09 PM
Well based on very little evidence (over a period of games so far), the best case is that he signs for us, the worst case is that he doesn't.

Kind of standard, no?

I mean signing a well known potential that is not PL proven for 7m (E) lets say worse case he flops and FFC gets relegated and now you want to offload him, how much of a loss that could of been? 3/4m? these amounts are a joke, its the budget for socks...

Meanwhile even now you'll have multiple teams happily pay £30m at least, am I wrong?
How do you not see this?

Have you heard of FFP (probably not as a West Ham fan since the government pays for your stadium) - we had a limited budget in the summer so if you're offered the chance to take the same player you want and not spend £7m so that can be re-used elsewhere, why wouldn't you do it as a club that's trying to build a squad to survive? If we'd been in the PL 5 years and penny pinched then fair enough the club should get some stick, but we were sailing close to the wire on FFP so it's not a massive love up like the usual brigade (who have an agenda against a certain member of the club) would have you believe

HammerHead

Quote from: Deeping_white on February 28, 2023, 11:02:40 PM

Kind of standard, no?

How do you not see this?

Have you heard of FFP (probably not as a West Ham fan since the government pays for your stadium) - we had a limited budget in the summer so if you're offered the chance to take the same player you want and not spend £7m so that can be re-used elsewhere, why wouldn't you do it as a club that's trying to build a squad to survive? If we'd been in the PL 5 years and penny pinched then fair enough the club should get some stick, but we were sailing close to the wire on FFP so it's not a massive fcuk up like the usual brigade (who have an agenda against a certain member of the club) would have you believe

OK mate, either way I wish you luck.

Somerset Fulham

Kind of standard, no?

How do you not see this?

'kin ell! Calm down!

We signed a no brainer international in the prime of his career with Bundesliga experience and champions league football to his name and another on loan from PSG with a CL hat trick behind him who have both not worked out.  Its how this game seems to go and always has done?

I am not doubting Solomon's potential here and so far he looks cracking, all be it over very few games but some decisons are made and some are not by the powers that be. The decision to actually sign him appears not to have been made at the time and I am good with that.

Do I think we will sign him though? Yes. Do I think that there is something in place (especially after the rehabillitation that Fulham put him through)? Yes. Would I like him to sign? Based on performances so far, yes. 

Not sure what a West Ham fan is getting so upset about to be honest. If we've not signed him, you lot must be in for him.

LC

Kind of standard, no?

How do you not see this?

Have you heard of FFP (probably not as a West Ham fan since the government pays for your stadium) - we had a limited budget in the summer so if you're offered the chance to take the same player you want and not spend £7m so that can be re-used elsewhere, why wouldn't you do it as a club that's trying to build a squad to survive? If we'd been in the PL 5 years and penny pinched then fair enough the club should get some stick, but we were sailing close to the wire on FFP so it's not a massive fcuk up like the usual brigade (who have an agenda against a certain member of the club) would have you believe

I'm not blaming the board or TK here, it was a business decision and we'll see how it plays out- I still bet TK is able to sign him up.

But I don't fully buy into the FFP argument- we reportedly bid £10m for Diaz at Blackburn on deadline day so there was definitely room left. Hindsight is a great thing- it looked like a good deal after he got injured for the first half the season, he's come back and fit some good form. Let's see how he looks after a few games starting. Anyway, I think he'll sign but let's see what happens

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

Kind of standard, no?

How do you not see this?

The 7 mill was used to sign Kevin Mbabu. A player Silva obviously had no use for.

Somerset Fulham

We needed a right back and on paper Mbabu looked pretty much perfect.

It just hasn't worked out for the guy.

FFC1987

Quote from: LC on February 28, 2023, 11:10:05 PM

Kind of standard, no?

How do you not see this?

I'm not blaming the board or TK here, it was a business decision and we'll see how it plays out- I still bet TK is able to sign him up.

But I don't fully buy into the FFP argument- we reportedly bid £10m for Diaz at Blackburn on deadline day so there was definitely room left. Hindsight is a great thing- it looked like a good deal after he got injured for the first half the season, he's come back and fit some good form. Let's see how he looks after a few games starting. Anyway, I think he'll sign but let's see what happens

I don't think, in regards to FFP, there's anything to buy really. We had a big, last minute injury to some key players in similar positions and were able to convert a 7-8m permanent transfer, to a loan as per new FIFA rulings due to the war there. Once you do this, the funds become available so I do think, as is proven with the January window, that funds were available and I think the transfer change, even if it was small, meant we could pay an additional £10m for a player be it in the Summer, or January. Seems quite straight forward to me especially as TK made a comment to that effect too. It was in clarification to an interview Shahid had about players 'being over the line' by the end of that week and we ended up signing only 1 player as the Solomon situation changed but Shahid quoted as having signed him.

With hindsight, we should of snapped him up, but whats to say Solomon hasn't already agreed a pre contract in the summer and the loan is a mere technicality. What's to say Solomon, after a serious injury, feels like he wants to stay at the cottage for another season before moving on, paying some respect to the staff and club that helped him and rehabilitated him from a war zone and his fairly serious knee injury? Could all be nonsense and hes poached in the summer but who knows.

Shredhead

Brighton fans have started a thread on their messageboard about Manor Solomon and how he'd be a good fit there, having been managed by de Zerbi at Shaktar They won't be alone after his few performances recently.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Shredhead on March 01, 2023, 04:18:21 PM
Brighton fans have started a thread on their messageboard about Manor Solomon and how he'd be a good fit there, having been managed by de Zerbi at Shaktar They won't be alone after his few performances recently.

Lots of clubs will be taking an interest, I just hope we can nab him.

WindyCity

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on March 01, 2023, 06:01:12 PM
Quote from: Shredhead on March 01, 2023, 04:18:21 PM
Lots of clubs will be taking an interest, I just hope we can nab him.

Yeah, hope we can nab him also.  If we end up top half of table, he can consider it a huge contribution to and take great satisfaction in keeping a yo-yo club and relegated team according to pre-season pundits and book makers above water and in a nice place in the table.  Lots of prestige I would think for players in this side if we have a strong season finish.  Not sure it will be enough for him to want to stay, after all money talks..........

TheCeiling

The way he gets past 3-4 defenders and manages to still pass the ball is so impressive. 

https://streamable.com/ijcgn6