watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our form since the restart...

Started by General, February 19, 2023, 06:41:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Played 12 in all competitions, lost two - both 1-0 vs Newcastle and spurs. Eight wins from 12, 2 draws.

Conceded 7, scored 17, 6 clean sheets - 3 in last 3 pl games.

I know we all appreciate how well things are going but it is quite something.

As mentioned by the PL official twitter, since the restart no team has won more games than us in the league.

Mind-blowing stuff from everyone associated with the club. Long may it continue.

Averaging around 1.58 points per game now.

Would end up on 60+ points if we kept the form up.

..FOF..

Quote from: General on February 19, 2023, 06:41:27 AM

As mentioned by the PL official twitter, since the restart no team has won more games than us in the league.

Sounds like we have good depth in the squad now.

Vini slowly gelling in and Solomon on the other hand, making a quick rebound.

Good support from Daniel James, Cairney and Wilson too all these while.

Now to let Sasa and Cedric prove their worth.

jayffc

Played 12 in all competitions, lost two - both 1-0 vs Newcastle and spurs. Eight wins from 12, 2 draws.

Conceded 11, scored 17, 6 clean sheets - 3 in last 3 pl games.

Mind-blowing stuff from everyone associated with the club. Long may it continue.

My god when you look at it on paper it really is quite astonishing. There's still a chance it ends up our greatest premier league season finish in our history. But regardless, in a season where we expected to be fighting off relegation a top 10 finish in itself would be a massive achievement and something to really build on

Finnans Right Peg

I think the break helped us ,at it gave Marco a sort of mini preseason to go over things with most of the squad

hovewhite

Keep the world cup break every year.

ffcthereligion

Insane achievement. Both attack and defence excelling!

Andy S

That month without league football was dire. They would introduce more internationals as well. No thanks

General

Quote from: ..FOF.. on February 19, 2023, 07:00:38 AM

Thought yesterday's game was calling out for lukic to play and be involved. We clearly needed more of a foothold in Central midfield.

Fair play Brighton tend to play down the wings where they've a lot of quality and took a huge effort from our wingers and full backs who obviously kept a clean sheet but had moments they were seemingly undone. Tete was brilliant again.

Quite the night. Quite the team. Let's hope we keep everyone together and have a productive summer.

Southcoastffc

Remarkably, the only games we have lost all season by more than 1 goal were against Newcastle at home (a depleted midfield and Chalobah sent off very early) then the following week away v W Ham (controversially). Marco Silva "a geeeenius" indeed at fixing things.  Yesterday we could have been on the wrong end of a thumping had Brighton found their shooting boots and as General says above, their wing play caused us particular problems .  Is it my imagination or were Brighton the fastest team we've played against?  Robinson and Willian very rarely were able to get away from, for example, Solly March, amongst others.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

filham

Next week we could achieve the 40 point target, I am ,with some difficulty , keeping my feet on the ground until we pass that benchmark.
However I have to say all starting players and the bench are putting in good performances.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: filham on February 19, 2023, 12:21:37 PM
Next week we could achieve the 40 point target, I am ,with some difficulty , keeping my feet on the ground until we pass that benchmark.
However I have to say all starting players and the bench are putting in good performances.
It is an amazing achievement...  but being an older supporter I am almost expecting something to burst our bubble!! 🥺...stupid I know,  but I'm now sweating on losing Marco in the summer and next season being a struggle.... what I need is another 10+ Seasons in the top flight to calm me down....
COYW 😉🙏⚽️
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

SerbianLad

Quote from: General on February 19, 2023, 12:06:15 PM
Quote from: ..FOF.. on February 19, 2023, 07:00:38 AM

Thought yesterday's game was calling out for lukic to play and be involved. We clearly needed more of a foothold in Central midfield.

Fair play Brighton tend to play down the wings where they've a lot of quality and took a huge effort from our wingers and full backs who obviously kept a clean sheet but had moments they were seemingly undone. Tete was brilliant again.

Quite the night. Quite the team. Let's hope we keep everyone together and have a productive summer.
I thought so to re Lukic. But I think Marco may have made the more sensible choice in the end (I know it's easy to say now with the benefit of the hindsight).

It seemed to me like Marco was contemplating whether or not he should use Lukic for quite long, as Lukic was getting warmed up pretty much throughout the whole match, and in the end decided not to put him straight into the fire in such a closely contested game. One mistake could have made a big difference to the result and therefore to Lukic's confidence. I fully xpect Lukic to get around 25-30 minutes against Wolves.

Somerset Fulham

I think regardless of where we finish this is probably our greatest league season ever.  We were nailed on favourites to go down absolutely everywhere.

ffcthereligion

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on February 19, 2023, 12:56:36 PM
I think regardless of where we finish this is probably our greatest league season ever.  We were nailed on favourites to go down absolutely everywhere.

Let's see where we end up. If we do finish 7th then I would say impossible to disagree with you. Even 8th/9th I might be inclined to agree. Imagine a visit to Wembley in the cup aswell

Somerset Fulham

TheCeiling

Quote from: ffcthereligion on February 19, 2023, 01:04:16 PM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on February 19, 2023, 12:56:36 PM

Let's see where we end up. If we do finish 7th then I would say impossible to disagree with you. Even 8th/9th I might be inclined to agree. Imagine a visit to Wembley in the cup aswell

😍

Just reading these possibilities excites me so much. Let's shock the world!

Palhinha Colada

We've actually only conceded 7 in that span — 4 in 9 PL matches and 3 in 3 FA Cup matches.

General

Quote from: Palhinha Colada on February 20, 2023, 06:43:20 AM

We've actually only conceded 7 in that span — 4 in 9 PL matches and 3 in 3 FA Cup matches.

You're right. Don't know how that slipped my attention. Will amend. Makes it even better. I wonder what that defence vs attack stat is equivalent to?

Ie which teams and what positions do they find themselves in when they've such a tight defence etc.

toshes mate

It must already be the best PL season in the Khan era.  It goes to show that football is very much determined by the team on the pitch at any time and not the one on paper despite the many who appear to believe otherwise.  When you have the necssary bonds between all concerned to running a successful team you hang in to them.  Let's focus on Wolves and continue to enjoy the renaissance whatever the eventual outcome of the season is.