more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Palhinha yellow cards

Started by SerbianLad, February 19, 2023, 07:54:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vancouver

Quote from: jayffc on February 19, 2023, 06:34:08 PM
Honestly I feel like yellows should be reviewed IF hitting the full 5/ 10 yellow suspension situation.

At that point I think a club should be able to request a review of the 5 or 10 yellows on question to see if they I'm fact- shouldn't be suspended. How long can that possibly take?

Such things can cost clubs huge amounts of money and league positions. Can even have an effect on winning a title- qualifying for Europe or being relegated.

If ya gonna offer a match suspension how hard is it to just review wether the yellows were deserved. If its obvious beyond doubt that the yellow shouldn't stand it should be removed

In jaos case yesterday would presumably immediately be scrubbed for a start because ye was he got all of the ball first and wasn't exactly studs up or madly out of control.

I understand the sentiment, however any grey area that is created around rules will never benefit clubs like us, just the big guys.

The Rational Fan

Palhinha and Mitrovic missing games this season is a "Blessing in Disguise" for next season, because we want to upgrade as few positions as possible next season so the upgrades can be as good as possible. If our cover for Palhinha and Mitrovic proves adequate, then next season we can spend the entire budget on two full-backs, a center-back, and two wingers. I

Somerset Fulham

And there was me thinking it beneficial to yoyo.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on February 20, 2023, 12:47:53 AM

Sometimes it is better to accept a yoyo, rather than waste your budget in a desperate attempt to stay up, by buying Parker and Mitroglou, thereby losing your budget to retain many key players upon relegation. Only the Big Six and Everton have been in the Premier League for the last 12 years. Hence, every team outside the Big Six has to be ready to yo-yo if required and have a budget, a plan, and a squad in mind.

Any squad that starts its Premier League pre-season as the weakest squad (like Fulham pre-season 2018 and 2020), investing in a squad that can yo-yo and build is an excellent plan. In truth, the recruitment for the summer of 2020 was modest and never likely to keep Fulham up, but bringing in Tete, Tosin, Robinson, and buying Reed for the four seasons following is an excellent plan.

toshes mate

I am a great believer is tackling problems when they arise and not tampering beforehand - meaning when Palhinha receives his next yelllow card is the moment to determine how two games without him are to be covered.  I am pretty sure Marco Silva has an effective ploy for when the need arises and at least this time he does have options he didn't have last time Palhinha was suspended. 

What really annoys me is how unevenly the rules are interpreted.  Old Trafford yesterday was a case of United players not getting booked whilst two Leicester players seemingly did get booked for the same or  less.  How Shaw remained on the pitch I'll never know.  It is ruining the game slowly but surely.

Litrecola_

Play him against Wolves. Get those points, deal with what comes after.

Twig

Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 20, 2023, 12:55:17 AM

Sometimes it is better to accept a yoyo, rather than waste your budget in a desperate attempt to stay up, by buying Parker and Mitroglou, thereby losing your budget to retain many key players upon relegation. Only the Big Six and Everton have been in the Premier League for the last 12 years. Hence, every team outside the Big Six has to be ready to yo-yo if required and have a budget, a plan, and a squad in mind.

Any squad that starts its Premier League pre-season as the weakest squad (like Fulham pre-season 2018 and 2020), investing in a squad that can yo-yo and build is an excellent plan. In truth, the recruitment for the summer of 2020 was modest and never likely to keep Fulham up, but bringing in Tete, Tosin, Robinson, and buying Reed for the four seasons following is an excellent plan.

The only yo-yo I'd accept would be a circular biscuit covered in chocolate.

Fulham 442

Quote from: General on February 19, 2023, 02:39:25 PM
This all assumes palhinha will get another yellow in the next game or two.. he went nine games after his first suspension without getting one, 12 games with only getting one yellow.
Good point but as has been pointed out him getting yellows is a by product of how he plays the game.  I would play him against Wolves regardless and cross the suspension problem if and when it occurs.  Marco must be as aware as us of the situation and will have a plan in place for sure.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: Twig on February 20, 2023, 08:32:25 AM

Yep.

Thailand Mick

Quote from: McBrideOfFrankenstein on February 19, 2023, 03:43:35 PM
Quote from: SerbianLad on February 19, 2023, 10:21:03 AM
Quote from: Thailand Mick on February 19, 2023, 10:16:48 AM
I guess if we are choosing which two games would be best for him to miss I would say Arsenal and Liverpool which I think are slightly less winnable than the other games.
I dissagre. We showed plenty of times this season that we can beat team below us regardless of the team we put out. I'm sure we can beat Wolves even without Palhinha if we're at our best. Arsenal on the other hand? Not so sure.

+1. We don't need to bet against ourselves anymore. I'd MUCH rather have this magnificent destroyer for Liverpool and Arsenal than for Wolves and Brentford.
so if we look at the stats Palhinha has played in six of the seven games against the top five teams and we have lost them all, the feeling is Liverpool are starting to find a bit of form so they would be regarded as  a top six team. So from that point of view I would rather have him available for other games where we would look to have a greater chance of winning. Palhinha has played against all the rest of the teams and we have only lost one of those games.

WindyCity

Quote from: Litrecola_ on February 20, 2023, 05:08:25 AM
Play him against Wolves. Get those points, deal with what comes after.

Totally believe in this.  I know everyone has their own opinions about what tactics MS might take in regard to the Palhinha/yellow cards situation, but to pick and choose what games various players "sit out" due to minor knocks (Mitrovic) or potential accumulation of yellows is, in my view, ridiculous.  Methinks you should play your best team at every game, play the games as scheduled, and let the chips fall where they may.  This is a tough league and you need to grab the points whenever you can.  Pick and choosing various opponents is a losing proposition and can likely backfire on what the hopeful results would have been.  Play the games with your best, and make adjustments later with suspensions/injuries.........

Note:  We have picked up some important points in games this season with the absence of Mitrovic, for example.

perry geyton

He's gonna get carded so might aswell get it over and done with, no point stalling it,

RaySmith

They are all potentially tough games, just play Palhinha while he is available, then cross the suspension bridge if and when it happens - that why you have cover in  every position.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on February 20, 2023, 08:46:08 AM
Quote from: Twig on February 20, 2023, 08:32:25 AM

Yep.

Fortunately, Tony Khan is looking after the budget, instead of you, because he has the wisdom to leave enough in the FFP bank to yo-yo.

toshes mate

Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 21, 2023, 03:52:26 AM
Fortunately, Tony Khan is looking after the budget, instead of you, because he has the wisdom to leave enough in the FFP bank to yo-yo.
In your dreams, TRF, but I do wonder if your dreams about TK are wet ones ...

The Rational Fan

Quote from: toshes mate on February 21, 2023, 05:50:37 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 21, 2023, 03:52:26 AM
In your dreams, TRF, but I do wonder if your dreams about TK are wet ones ...

In our dreams, Fulham would go from "20th in the Championship" to "6th in the Premier League" in seven years. The DOF's job is to make that dream come true. Tony Khan did it well, without knowing a lot about football, which makes ex-footballers mad as it proves their knowledge is redundant (i.e. not needed). 049:gif

filham

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 19, 2023, 02:53:08 PM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on February 19, 2023, 02:50:32 PM
He's going to get another yellow at some point so why rest him for a game as that will mean missing 3 games instead of 2!

This, in a nutshell. I see no reason in anything else here.
Absolutely, I was trying to say that earlier and it means we put nine points at risk instead of six.