watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Palhinha yellow cards

Started by SerbianLad, February 19, 2023, 07:54:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerbianLad

As others have mentioned in various topics, he's on 9 yellows now, one yellow away from a two match suspension. Would you consider not playing him against Wolves so that he doesn't miss both Brentford and Arsenal, or would you risk playing him?

RoyTund

Just feels inevitable that he's going to miss Brentford. Can't see us resting him vs Wolves. It's also typical that Toney, who is on 8, doesn't risk the same as they don't now play until us.

hovewhite

Lukic can play his role I believe.

SerbianLad

Quote from: hovewhite on February 19, 2023, 08:27:29 AM
Lukic can play his role I believe.
He can and so can Reed, but neither is as good in that role as Paulhina is. In fact, bar maybe 2-3 players in the whole league no one is (and he's arguably even the best at what he does when you look at the stats). In games against Brentford, Arsenal and Liverpool we'll need him.

Marcus

some of Joao's bookings have been unfortunate... the worst thing he could do is start playing differently, another one is inevitable, hopefully it won't come next week, we have to accept he is bound to miss a couple of games somewhere along the line which is one of the reasons Lukic was brought it, also, from his cameo against Forest, he looks good....

SerbianLad

Quote from: Marcus on February 19, 2023, 09:24:10 AM
some of Joao's bookings have been unfortunate... the worst thing he could do is start playing differently, another one is inevitable, hopefully it won't come next week, we have to accept he is bound to miss a couple of games somewhere along the line which is one of the reasons Lukic was brought it, also, from his cameo against Forest, he looks good....
Yes he was unfortunate a couple of times, including yesterday where he didn't deserved to be booked. He is 25th when it comes to fouls made, yet he is joint top when it comes to yellow cards. I know not all fouls are the same, but it seems that some players get away with more than others...

I agree regarding Lukic, he was bought for situations like that, but in big games I'd rather we missed anyone other than Palhinha. I think that when Palhinha and Mitro are absent, our gameplan suffers the most, followed by Tete, Andreas and then Robinson. Other players are important too, but we can still play in the similar way without them, with Joao and Mitro that isn't the case.

mrmicawbers

It's the way he plays and we will have to suffer some consequences. Love his all out commitment what a player.

SuffolkWhite

It's a shame yellow cards can't be overturned!
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Thailand Mick

I guess if we are choosing which two games would be best for him to miss I would say Arsenal and Liverpool which I think are slightly less winnable than the other games.

SerbianLad

Quote from: mrmicawbers on February 19, 2023, 09:34:26 AM
It's the way he plays and we will have to suffer some consequences. Love his all out commitment what a player.
I agree, but my question was whether or not he should start against Wolves. If he gets a yellow there he'd miss both Brentford and Arsenal which isn't ideal.

ffcthereligion

SerbianLad

Quote from: Thailand Mick on February 19, 2023, 10:16:48 AM
I guess if we are choosing which two games would be best for him to miss I would say Arsenal and Liverpool which I think are slightly less winnable than the other games.
I dissagre. We showed plenty of times this season that we can beat team below us regardless of the team we put out. I'm sure we can beat Wolves even without Palhinha if we're at our best. Arsenal on the other hand? Not so sure.

SerbianLad

Quote from: ffcthereligion on February 19, 2023, 10:19:44 AM
Are you sure he's on 9? Or have PL not updated?

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2801986
That article is 8 days old. He got a yellow yesterday.

jarv

Cannot take out the aggression he offers, it is too important to the team.  Fulham need to try to manage the issue so that he does  miss a game which we are favourites to lose.

Rupert

Quote from: jarv on February 19, 2023, 10:55:28 AM
Cannot take out the aggression he offers, it is too important to the team.  Fulham need to try to manage the issue so that he does  miss a game which we are favourites to lose.

According to Chris Sutton in his weekly predictions, we are supposed to lose just about every week, so Palhinha can miss whichever two he fancies.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

White Flea

Definitely play him. It's a bit of a lucky dip with the yellow cards, so not worth not having him in the team for a maybe. The yellow from this game was never a card or even a foul. The commentary team questioned it as well. Could see nothing wrong with it. Mind you, it was Tony Gale  :005:

ffcthereligion

Quote from: SerbianLad on February 19, 2023, 10:21:48 AM
Quote from: ffcthereligion on February 19, 2023, 10:19:44 AM
Are you sure he's on 9? Or have PL not updated?

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2801986
That article is 8 days old. He got a yellow yesterday.

Thanks. It's a damn shame. Fa cup yellows not included I guess either. I'd consider not playing him vs wolves to be honest. Brentford is huge and need him available

Sting of the North

Quote from: White Flea on February 19, 2023, 11:16:00 AM
Definitely play him. It's a bit of a lucky dip with the yellow cards, so not worth not having him in the team for a maybe. The yellow from this game was never a card or even a foul. The commentary team questioned it as well. Could see nothing wrong with it. Mind you, it was Tony Gale  :005:

Well, the commentary was correct. Not a foul, and not a yellow even in a million years. Just an incredibly poor decision from the ref, and an inexcusable lack of intervention from the linesman who stood about a yard away and saw it clearly. Not the first time for Palhinha this season either, he is obviously in the bad book of the refs.

filham

Palihinha is obviosly a marked man with refs looking closely at his every tackle and sometimes getting it wrong.
Best he now gets the ban out of the way as soon as possible, missing the Wolves game would mean he is missing an extra game and remember each game is worth 3 points, none more than the other.

Somerset Fulham

If he's fit then he should play, yellow cards a by-product of what he is and we just have to live with that.