watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

BHA's Veltman

Started by shepperton white, February 19, 2023, 04:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shepperton white

With all the cheating among players (including one or two of ours), I find it quite nice to read that Veltman said that the ref was correct in disallowing a penalty.  Well done feller

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: shepperton white on February 19, 2023, 04:00:54 PM
With all the cheating among players (including one or two of ours), I find it quite nice to read that Veltman said that the ref was correct in disallowing a penalty.  Well done feller

Gone up in my estimation
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Gloucester White

Might have more respect if he hadn't dived in the first place.

Dodgin

Said he didn't dive, I'll have another look.

SerbianLad

Quote from: shepperton white on February 19, 2023, 04:00:54 PM
:plus one:
He didn't seem to be protesting at the time either, it was mostly his teammates, if I recall correctly.

Grassy Noel

Was this the Robinson incident? If it was  a foul then you would have to credit Robbo with 360 degree vision and I don't even credit him with a right foot. He tripped over a trailing leg but what a decent guy. Respect due.

SP

I've read it on their board, Brighton players don't cheat, never have done & never will do.

Gloucester White

Wonder what he would have done if the ref had given the penalty?

Southcoastffc

Quote from: SP on February 19, 2023, 04:22:53 PM
I've read it on their board, Brighton players don't cheat, never have done & never will do.
064.gif  064.gif  064.gif
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Andy S

He tried to get a penalty and it didn't work.

Finnans Right Peg

I think he just thought that robinson would hang out a leg but he didnt,and fair play to him he admitted the ref got it right most players would say nothing

Surlyc

This is very much the theme of the Brighton forums since the game: Fulham are the new Stoke, anti-football, our players would never cheat etc. Ignoring, of course, that Veltman cheated to try and win a penalty.

That said I am not a fan of players going down with non-head injuries and holding their head to stop the game. I know teams keep doing it to us (e.g. Man Utd, Southampton) and it is never called out, but I hate to see it. I've never understood how rugby (a heavy contact sport) can continue the game around injuries but football (a light contact sport) need to stop the game all the time.

bencher

Well done for post-facto honesty; but he tried to buy a penalty by expecting some contact and going down. This is a massive problem in the game today. Even a working VAR will unfortunately fail to detect which kind of contact is a foul and which is pre-meditated penalty-searching by the attacker. Jack Grealish does this all over the pitch, KDB did it to buy a penalty against us, Southampton do it just outside the box all game long to get free kicks for JWP. Harry Kane is a master of it. I hate it.

cookieg

He admitted leaving his foot in the get a penalty. It didn't happen so he held his hands up and said well done ref. He should be booked retrospectively for diving/trying to con the ref. Nothing noble or gallant about a cheat.

We Are Premier League

On a related note, just seen a few replays of the Tete vs Mitoma situation and I think that pen could have been given. Tete touched the ball but he cant pull a shirt like that in the box.

SerbianLad

Quote from: We Are Premier League on February 20, 2023, 09:19:22 AM
On a related note, just seen a few replays of the Tete vs Mitoma situation and I think that pen could have been given. Tete touched the ball but he cant pull a shirt like that in the box.
Mitoma pushed him a bit as well.
It looks worse in pictures than in videos, the shirt pull was very brief and not strong enough to warrant a penalty. If that was a penalty than we should get about 5 penalties every game, as Mitro is shirt pulled every single time we make a cross.

FFCBadger

Quote from: Surlyc on February 20, 2023, 08:38:57 AM
This is very much the theme of the Brighton forums since the game: Fulham are the new Stoke, anti-football, our players would never cheat etc. Ignoring, of course, that Veltman cheated to try and win a penalty.

That said I am not a fan of players going down with non-head injuries and holding their head to stop the game. I know teams keep doing it to us (e.g. Man Utd, Southampton) and it is never called out, but I hate to see it. I've never understood how rugby (a heavy contact sport) can continue the game around injuries but football (a light contact sport) need to stop the game all the time.

Yep, this has been winding me up no end this season.
I think they should be using VAR to issue cards for for this kind of cheating - it should be pretty easy to identify

cookieg

Quote from: FFCBadger on February 20, 2023, 09:27:22 AM

I think they should be using VAR to issue cards for for this kind of cheating - it should be pretty easy to identify

As soon as any player goes down the physio should automatically come on and that player then has to leave to pitch. Defenders go down to take momentum out of an attack if a free kick is conceded. If the defender has to go off then they should defend the free kick with a man less.

alfie

Quote from: FFCBadger on February 20, 2023, 09:27:22 AM

Yes and our own Mitro went down feigning head injury a few games ago.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't