https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham - 10 Years At the Top - Your Highlights

Started by White Noise, January 12, 2011, 06:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

10 Years at the Top

Wednesday 12th January 2011

The 2010/11 season is Fulham Football Club's 10th consecutive campaign in the Premier League – our longest unbroken spell in the top tier of English football.

To celebrate this impressive landmark, the official Fulham FC magazine, Fultime, is running a series of features, breaking down your top 10 highlights of the past decade, and we need your help in choosing those moments.

In the forthcoming issue we want to countdown the best 10 goals of the Premier League years. So, please complete the survey below and let us know your best goals.

From our first ever Premier League goal, scored by Louis Saha against Manchester United back in 2001, through crucial strikes such as Clint Dempsey's against Liverpool in 2008 or Danny Murphy's header at Fratton Park a year later, to stunning strikes such as Jon Harley's thunderbolt against Aston Villa, or Pierre Wome's free-kick against West Brom in 2003, or even Chris Baird's recent rocket at Stoke.

Whatever your criteria for a great goal, we want to hear your choices as we create the definitive top 10 Fulham Premier League goals.

Tell us which ones stands out in your mind and why, and look out for your name, and the results, in Fultime magazine this Spring.

(NB: Please keep your responses to Premier League goals only.)

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2011/January/10YearsattheTop.aspx#ixzz1AqUpd7jp

Burt

Ones that stand out for me.

Murph v. Pompey. Yes, *that* goal that kept us in the Prem. Or EPL, or whatever you want to call it.

Leggy v. Spuds. We were 2 down at half time, played them off the park in the 2nd half, and Leggy got the dramatic last-gasp winner.

Diop v. Man U. Another late goal, got us to 1-1. Absolute belter.

Konch v. WHU at theirs. Where the f--- did that one come from? Quality.

JBH

MAN CITY v FULHAM - 2 - 0 down and all but relegated, upsteps Joe with a pair and Murphy with the missed penalty goal from the rebound, FFC win 3- 2 and the great escape was on.

You cant write a story like that unless its under the heading of Fiction.  :54:

Blingo

SmithyFFC

Beating United 3-0 at the cottage, playing them off the park for 90 minutes, just days after a terrific away win in Basel.
FTID

cebu

CULTUREVULTURE

Beating Chelsea in 2006;

The victories over Manchester United;

Man City away during the Great Escape;

Portsmouth away during the Great Escape;

The whole Europa campaign;

Fulham v Spurs - 11/9/02;

Winning the Intertoto v Bologna at Loftus Road

LBNo11

Quote from: CULTUREVULTURE on January 12, 2011, 08:35:10 PM
Beating Chelsea in 2006;

...pretty much agree with all those, but would have to include Brum at home the week before the Pompey game, pretty much the noisiest premiership game I have been to "We Are Staying Up - Say We Are Staying Up" - oh and Hamburg at home...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

CULTUREVULTURE

Quote from: LBNo11 on January 12, 2011, 08:56:03 PM
Quote from: CULTUREVULTURE on January 12, 2011, 08:35:10 PM
Beating Chelsea in 2006;

...pretty much agree with all those, but would have to include Brum at home the week before the Pompey game, pretty much the noisiest premiership game I have been to "We Are Staying Up - Say We Are Staying Up" - oh and Hamburg at home...

I could easily have added the Birmingham game. But it was a bit like making a compilation tape - you want to get a good mix.

Burt

Careful chaps... Mr WN said highlights should be restricted to premier league games only.

os5889

15 December 2007 Fulham 0-1 Newcastle Barton (90)
:yay: :yay:

LBNo11

...that was the downfall of Sanchez, I was with member Alf Tupper that game and despite trying to remain positive the writing was on the wall. Elliot (Omo) Omozusi had had a great game for the whites, making more attacking runs than the forwards, sadly it was his lat minute challenge that took out Alan Smith and the ferrule Barton scored from the penalty spot - Mr Webb was awful as ref that day too, especially not spotting Given sliding outside the penalty area with the ball.

That said if we had won, we might have been relegated.

One footnote, and to my shame (I have had a long hard day and my mind is not in full operational order) a former Fulham player I cannot remember at the moment had died recently and we had a minutes silence, which was interrupted by the drunken 'best fans in the country' that day my estimations of the Geordies plumetted...

os5889

Quote from: LBNo11 on January 12, 2011, 10:45:26 PM

...that was the downfall of Sanchez, I was with member Alf Tupper that game and despite trying to remain positive the writing was on the wall. Elliot (Omo) Omozusi had had a great game for the whites, making more attacking runs than the forwards, sadly it was his lat minute challenge that took out Alan Smith and the ferrule Barton scored from the penalty spot - Mr Webb was awful as ref that day too, especially not spotting Given sliding outside the penalty area with the ball.

One footnote, and to my shame (I have had a long hard day and my mind is not in full operational order) a former Fulham player I cannot remember at the moment had died recently and we had a minutes silence, which was interrupted by the drunken 'best fans in the country' that day my estimations of the Geordies plumetted...

I remember that, the cretins were pretty disrespectful! zusi went downhill from then on, tragic really, he's at Orient now isnt he?

HatterDon

Quote from: LBNo11 on January 12, 2011, 10:45:26 PM

In all the matches I've watched over the last 7 seasons or so, that was the ONLY match in which I thought the team quit on the pitch.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

LBNo11

...was that the game that Antti Niemi had a 'go' at us in the Hammersmith End? Either way, we were truly awful that day, but everything was against us, possibly the nadir of Fulham's time in the premiership/EPL/top flight...

WhiteJC

os5889

Quote from: WhiteJC on January 13, 2011, 08:59:21 AM
the first game back at the Cottage

Forgot about that, great shout!

What about 2-0  Bitmingham at home in great escape season?