Another terrible day of refereeing yesterday

Started by SerbianLad, February 20, 2023, 09:01:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chi_FFC

Quote from: SerbianLad on February 20, 2023, 05:53:42 PM
Quote from: Chi_FFC on February 20, 2023, 05:32:40 PM
Quote from: SerbianLad on February 20, 2023, 09:01:08 AM
Rashford's goal looked offside

No, it didn't. It was incredibly tight but just onside.

Have you watched the match or are you basing your opinion just on that picture? Plenty of people agreed with me, including some on this thread.

Yeah, I did watch the match and thought it was offside live, but that's because I was focused on the player closest to Rashford. Once I saw the wide screen replay I immediately thought there was a very good chance the other defender had played him onside. And tbc I haven't seen a single person here agree with your take on that specific decision. In fact, the only other poster who has replied to you to specifically discuss that decision disagreed with you. 

Anyway, this article contains a pretty good discussion of that decision and how the VAR line tech worked (correctly) here. And finally I disagree with any suggestion that the decision would have been different had a team other than Man U been involved (well, unless Lee Mason had been working and failed to even draw the lines in the first place...yikes).

https://www.espn.com/soccer/english-premier-league/story/4878634/the-var-review-marcel-sabitzer-red-card-arsenal-offside-goal-kehrer-handball

SerbianLad

Quote from: Chi_FFC on February 20, 2023, 06:11:02 PM
Quote from: SerbianLad on February 20, 2023, 05:53:42 PM
Quote from: Chi_FFC on February 20, 2023, 05:32:40 PM
Quote from: SerbianLad on February 20, 2023, 09:01:08 AM
Rashford's goal looked offside

No, it didn't. It was incredibly tight but just onside.

Have you watched the match or are you basing your opinion just on that picture? Plenty of people agreed with me, including some on this thread.

Yeah, I did watch the match and thought it was offside live, but that's because I was focused on the player closest to Rashford. Once I saw the wide screen replay I immediately thought there was a very good chance the other defender had played him onside. And tbc I haven't seen a single person here agree with your take on that specific decision. In fact, the only other poster who has replied to you to specifically discuss that decision disagreed with you. 

Anyway, this article contains a pretty good discussion of that decision and how the VAR line tech worked (correctly) here. And finally I disagree with any suggestion that the decision would have been different had a team other than Man U been involved (well, unless Lee Mason had been working and failed to even draw the lines in the first place...yikes).

https://www.espn.com/soccer/english-premier-league/story/4878634/the-var-review-marcel-sabitzer-red-card-arsenal-offside-goal-kehrer-handball
Jim© said it was offside too. And honestly mate, I'll just ignore your replies to me in the future. You called my last thread silly too. I think you're just still bitter about the McKennie discussion. So don't care about your opinion anymore.

Chi_FFC

Quote from: SerbianLad on February 20, 2023, 06:18:13 PM
You called my last thread silly too.

Well, tbf it was. Your suggestion regarding sitting Palhinha against Wolves was quite silly. 

I think you're just still bitter about the McKennie discussion. So don't care about your opinion anymore.

Huh? If anyone involved in that discussion showed bitterness, it certainly wasn't me. It was the guy who was so worked up about getting the last word and being "right" that he continued posting even after a mod asked him to stop. 

SerbianLad

Quote from: Chi_FFC on February 20, 2023, 06:50:02 PM
You called my last thread silly too.

Well, tbf it was. Your suggestion regarding sitting Palhinha against Wolves was quite silly. 

I think you're just still bitter about the McKennie discussion. So don't care about your opinion anymore.

Huh? If anyone involved in that discussion showed bitterness, it certainly wasn't me. It was the guy who was so worked up about getting the last word and being "right" that he continued posting even after a mod asked him to stop.
👍