watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Another terrible day of refereeing yesterday

Started by SerbianLad, February 20, 2023, 09:01:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerbianLad

Clear red not given even as a yellow. Sabitzer makes another bad foul shortly after that and still, not even a yellow for him. Leicester got 3 yellows on same amount of fouls called (and some were not even called when it comes to Man Utd) and got 3 yellows, MU no yellows on the other hand

Rashford's goal looked offside and the lines were poorly drawn. It' obvious that Rashford's toes are in front of the green line, and the Leicester player doesn't seem to be where the black line is either, he's closer to the green one.

In the West Ham-Spurs game, WH got away with yet another handball

https://mobile.twitter.com/fredditaylor/status/1627351455253274624

Kane feigned injury a couple of times again and referee awarded a foul to Spurs every single time. Perisic also got away with two very dangerous tackles at the end of the match and got only one yellow.

I can't remember referee's being this bad in England ever. Some shambolic decisions this season, and yesterday was no different. It must improve as it is getting ridiculous.

bog

No it wasn't a sending off. He plays for Manchester United. The Leicester player should have been booked for simulation. End of.

Thank you and good night

092.gif

White Knight

Quote from: SerbianLad on February 20, 2023, 09:01:08 AM
Clear red not given even as a yellow. Sabitzer makes another bad foul shortly after that and still, not even a yellow for him. Leicester got 3 yellows on same amount of fouls called (and some were not even called when it comes to Man Utd) and got 3 yellows, MU no yellows on the other hand

Rashford's goal looked offside and the lines were poorly drawn. It' obvious that Rashford's toes are in front of the green line, and the Leicester player doesn't seem to be where the black line is either, he's closer to the green one.

Kane feigned injury a couple of times again and referee awarded a foul to Spurs every single time. Perisic also got away with two very dangerous tackles at the end of the match and got only one yellow.

I can't remember referee's being this bad in England ever. Some shambolic decisions this season, and yesterday was no different. It must improve as it is getting ridiculous.

It is not a level playing field, one law for the privileged blue eyed boys and another law for the plebs.
i cannot think of another team sport that is so orchestrated by the establishment to ensure the big boys get the calls in their favour.
At that level some of these referees are bankrupt of impartiality.
When you think that the referee has two Assistance who are suppose to see what he may miss, a fourth official and VAR.
They still make a dogs breakfast of it.
If that is not enough sky have Gary Neville co commenting on Manchester United and Jamie Carragher co commentating on Liverpool. If that is not a conflict of interest i dont know what is.
No impartiality but whats new.

fulhamfever

Thailand Mick

Didn't see the game but from your picture the line is drawn up to the defenders shoulder as the part of the body that's playing Rashford onside. I'm an advocate for there being daylight between the players when judging offside by such small margins. I also think there is a greater problem with the rules of football than the referee's.

SuffolkWhite

I have said before that human error is always going to be part of football, but to bring in a system where it just carries on is pointless. Just stick with the Ref's  decisions however biased, we all know Ref's generally favour big teams and it has always been the case.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

SerbianLad

Quote from: bog on February 20, 2023, 09:05:09 AM
No it wasn't a sending off. He plays for Manchester United. The Leicester player should have been booked for simulation. End of.

Thank you and good night

092.gif
That's why I recently argued Chalobah's red being harsh. It's far less serious than some tackles like this one that go unpunished. If referees were consistent I'd never say Chalobah's red was harsh.
Quote from: White Knight on February 20, 2023, 10:13:24 AM
It is not a level playing field, one law for the privileged blue eyed boys and another law for the plebs.
i cannot think of another team sport that is so orchestrated by the establishment to ensure the big boys get the calls in their favour.
At that level some of these referees are bankrupt of impartiality.
When you think that the referee has two Assistance who are suppose to see what he may miss, a fourth official and VAR.
They still make a dogs breakfast of it.
If that is not enough sky have Gary Neville co commenting on Manchester United and Jamie Carragher co commentating on Liverpool. If that is not a conflict of interest i dont know what is.
No impartiality but whats new.
Agreed fully. Manchester United and Liverpool in particular get every decision going there way.
Quote from: fulhamfever on February 20, 2023, 10:17:20 AM
Leicester only got 2 yellow cards not 3
My bad, misremembered it. The point still stands.
Quote from: Thailand Mick on February 20, 2023, 10:25:02 AM
Didn't see the game but from your picture the line is drawn up to the defenders shoulder as the part of the body that's playing Rashford onside. I'm an advocate for there being daylight between the players when judging offside by such small margins. I also think there is a greater problem with the rules of football than the referee's.
If you watched the game you'd see that in real time it looked like an obvious offside. Also Rashford's line isn't put where it should be, so it doesn't matter whether the black line is in it's right place as Rashford's toes seem to be in front of the green line they pulled. I'm sure it would have been offside for any other team.
Quote from: SuffolkWhite on February 20, 2023, 10:30:43 AM
I have said before that human error is always going to be part of football, but to bring in a system where it just carries on is pointless. Just stick with the Ref's  decisions however biased, we all know Ref's generally favour big teams and it has always been the case.
VAR somehow made things worse, it only helps referees to help big teams,more often than not.

Arthur

Quote from: SerbianLad on February 20, 2023, 11:12:33 AM
That's why I recently argued Chalobah's red being harsh. It's far less serious than some tackles like this one that go unpunished. If referees were consistent I'd never say Chalobah's red was harsh.

Saying its harsh is not the same as saying its wrong. A 'harsh' red card implies the decision might not (to some extent or another) have been a red card; however, 'might not' is not the same as 'should not'.

And yes, Chalobah may, on another day, have 'got away' with just a yellow. (Because the flip side of a 'harsh' red card is always going to be 'lucky to get away with just a yellow'.) But a red card offence the referee decided it was - and I have no complaints. Showing a challenge where a referee makes a mistake in not sending off a player and arguing it would be fairer if all referees made the same mistake is not my idea of logical thinking.

SerbianLad

Quote from: Arthur on February 20, 2023, 01:35:57 PM
Quote from: SerbianLad on February 20, 2023, 11:12:33 AM

Saying its harsh is not the same as saying its wrong. A 'harsh' red card implies the decision might not (to some extent or another) have been a red card; however, 'might not' is not the same as 'should not'.

And yes, Chalobah may, on another day, have 'got away' with just a yellow. (Because the flip side of a 'harsh' red card is always going to be 'lucky to get away with just a yellow'.) But a red card offence the referee decided it was - and I have no complaints. Showing a challenge where a referee makes a mistake in not sending off a player and arguing it would be fairer if all referees made the same mistake is not my idea of logical thinking.
Agreed with all of that. It's just a lot of people jumped at me when I said that while I thought Chalobah's foul was a red it was harsh, considering the cicumstances. I showed couple of other examples that time, this is just another one. It's wrong imo, but if they change the standards for what is a red card that would be far better than what we have now. Consistency is key for me. If that's not a red, Chalobah's foul was nowhere near a red. Consistency!

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

If the photo is as it seems.
Whoever those studs belong too should face a length ban or criminal charges
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Deeping_white

The more you see Palhinha's tackle that got him a yellow it's ridiculous as well compared to what else went on in the PL, the ref turned into a right homer in the second half with regards to fouls and yellow cards against Fulham players

toshes mate

Watching yesterday left me with a really unpleasant taste in my mouth and feeling in my bones that VAR is an evil construct to further tarnish the idea of fair play and a level playing field by pretending to have a comprehensive method in place to stop inconsistency and cheating. 

Just how these officials can take their money and live with themselves is beyond me and that is all of them - VAR included.  Meanwhile the newbies have to deal with all manner of abuse at grassroots level because the media centric game is so corrupt and people are beginning to see how the bias pans out.  It is the whole recipe for bad behaviour as in - if you don't do your job even after I have told you you are doing a bad job then what does it take to get change? 

As for me I will simply cancel all football expenditure and stop watching or following  the game period.  It won't change the game one little bit but it'll make me feel better about myself and that is what really does start change for the better.         

Jim©

I remember Abou Kamara getting sent off for treading on an opponent's achilles a few years back. He was heavlily criticised on here and amongst Fulham fans, though i struggled to see that it was even a yellow at the time. I guess he was criticised as he wasn't particularly popular amongst FFC fans.

However, the tackles that some teams get away with is simply corrupt. Son on Tete in the Spurs game was a nailed on, 100% leg-breaking tackle. The above was a poor challenge and thankfully (what the image doesn't show) is that the perpetrator managed to pull hi leg out after the initial contact- however it was a red all day long. He knew it as he sheepishly looked around at screens at Old Trafford.

I was interested to see Mark Halsey come out last week and say that refereeing in this country is way way more corrupt than most people beleive. Yet nothing about it.
The Rashford offside is more evidence. To the naked eye it was offside, with a paused image it was offiside, except it was goal given. Bizarre.

SerbianLad

Quote from: rogerpbackinMidEastUS on February 20, 2023, 01:58:27 PM
If the photo is as it seems.
Whoever those studs belong too should face a length ban or criminal charges
The most bizarre thing for me was that the ref gave a foul, yet he didn't deem it necessary to give him a yellow, let alone a red. And it was one of the clearest reds this season.

ffc73

Quote from: Deeping_white on February 20, 2023, 02:04:04 PM
The more you see Palhinha's tackle that got him a yellow it's ridiculous as well compared to what else went on in the PL, the ref turned into a right homer in the second half with regards to fouls and yellow cards against Fulham players

Whilst I agree that Palhinha has received some unjustified yellows this season, Saturday included, I enjoyed the game at Brighton partly because there were some old fashioned, legitimate, challenges that the ref played on. I'm not condoning a return to the Norman bites yer legs era but I do object to to move towards a non contact sport / spectacle.

Ok, slightly off topic on the tackles being discussed here but relevant, I think, to the wider issue of a foul is automatically a booking mentality that seems to have crept in.

Ronnief

Quote from: ffc73 on February 20, 2023, 03:40:46 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on February 20, 2023, 02:04:04 PM

Whilst I agree that Palhinha has received some unjustified yellows this season, Saturday included, I enjoyed the game at Brighton partly because there were some old fashioned, legitimate, challenges that the ref played on. I'm not condoning a return to the Norman bites yer legs era but I do object to to move towards a non contact sport / spectacle.

Ok, slightly off topic on the tackles being discussed here but relevant, I think, to the wider issue of a foul is automatically a booking mentality that seems to have crept in.
I'm going to argue that all five cards given against Fulham were wrong and that the Ref got it wrong because of the crowd and Brighton Staff constantly harassing the referees. I will give a slight option on Diops booking but in his defence he went for the ball and got his foot on it before the Brighton player got to it. His foot rolled off the ball and caught the top of the players foot. Accidental contact no foul and shouldn't have been booked.
When a Brighton player kicks the ball into touch and Robinson collects the ball to take a throw in he is challenged by Brighton players and the throw in is given to Brighton and Robinson quite rightly disputes it. He gets booked incorrectly.
Palhinha challenges for a ball is quicker and stronger than the Brighton player, clears the ball with his leading foot and the fractions later the Brighton player connects with Palhina. No foul no bookable offence by him.
Vinicius challenges for the ball. He is being held by the defender and his shirt is being held. They both go to ground. A foul by the defender and Vinicius gets booked, Why?
Willian challenges for a fifty fifty ball touches the ball away from the attacking forward. The forward rolls in agony and Willian gets booked. All decisions were wrong and the Ref let it get to him.

Southcoastffc

In general,  I think Darren England had a decent game at Brighton until he seemed to contract yellow card disease.  The Brighton bench were, surprisingly to me, pretty disgraceful during the game, especially De Zerbi.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

SP

Quote from: Southcoastffc on February 20, 2023, 04:50:06 PM

The Brighton bench were, surprisingly to me, pretty disgraceful during the game, especially De Zerbi.

The guys on the Brighton board would be so upset to hear this judging from their comments on cheating yesterday!

Chi_FFC

Rashford's goal looked offside

No, it didn't. It was incredibly tight but just onside.

and the lines were poorly drawn

No, they weren't.

It's obvious that Rashford's toes are in front of the green line

No, it's not.

and the Leicester player doesn't seem to be where the black line is either, he's closer to the green one.

Nope, as the other poster who replied to you on this topic noted, the black dotted line is drawn to the shoulder of the Leicester player which is the part of his body that is playing Rashford onside.

SerbianLad

Quote from: Chi_FFC on February 20, 2023, 05:32:40 PM
Rashford's goal looked offside

No, it didn't. It was incredibly tight but just onside.

Have you watched the match or are you basing your opinion just on that picture? Plenty of people agreed with me, including some on this thread.
No, they weren't.
No, it's not.
Zoom in the picture. Someone did it already, I saw it on twitter yesterday.
Nope, as the other poster who replied to you on this topic noted, the black dotted line is drawn to the shoulder of the Leicester player which is the part of his body that is playing Rashford onside.
You took this part from a different post to the other two, I already accepted I could be wrong with that one (it still seems a bit sketchy imo),but as I already said in that post, it makes no difference since Rashford's toes are in front of the green line.

And frankly, what is the point of this post? It is widely regarded as a controversial decision and if it was the other way around I'd bet good money that ref calls an offside. No need to defend Man Utd.,they were clearly heavily favored by the referee throughout the match and in other games as well. The offside is controversial at best, red is as blatant as it can get.