watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Shahid Khan interested in Ternana

Started by love4ffc, February 20, 2023, 11:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

Shahid Khan strongly interested in acquiring Ternana. 

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

MickyAdamsFamily

It says he's one of the 100 richest people on earth...
Interesting to buy an Italian club, but wondering how he set his sights on Ternana. I would've thought there were a number of more likely candidates. There seems to be an advantage to having a stable of clubs that allow an owner to develop players within the family and loan players without the usual hassle. It all seems quite dodgy, but clearly it's worked to the advantage of a number of Premier League clubs, including Forest's new owners.

General

Quote from: MickyAdamsFamily on February 20, 2023, 11:44:01 PM
Interesting to buy an Italian club, but wondering how he set his sights on Ternana. I would've thought there were a number of more likely candidates. There seems to be an advantage to having a stable of clubs that allow an owner to develop players within the family and loan players without the usual hassle. It all seems quite dodgy, but clearly it's worked to the advantage of a number of Premier League clubs, including Forest's new owners.

Has it worked for forests new owners? Genuinely unaware..

I have to admit, it's slightly odd from afar that he'd be interested in tirana of all clubs. Towns population is just over 100k. Not exactly jumping out as a commercial bolthole.. does he have a particular affinity to Umbria for some reason, or is that area a hotbed of young talent?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: MickyAdamsFamily on February 20, 2023, 11:44:01 PM

A second club raises Shahid Khan's FFP limit worldwide, and improves player development. I am looking forward to "Ternana" paying "half of Marco Silva's annual salary" for four days of work per year (like Man City have done with Roberto Manchini), plus paying all of Mbabu, Kongolos, Francois, Harris, Cavelrio and Muniz salaries.

cookieg

If it's an opportunity to get some of our youngsters first team football then great also any gems they uncover over there to play for Fulham. It does make sense but hopefully it won't damage their football team by flooding it with our players. SK does seem to be a very responsible owner so hopefully he is thinking about the benefits it will bring to the community.

Marcel_Gecov

I just hope they either get someone else to take the Ternana DOF role. Im a big fan of what TK has acheived recently but Im not sure how I feel about him being spread even thinner.

The positive is giving players like Pajaziti more game game at league level at a club where we control how many he minutes he gets. Muniz will definitely have been setback by this season (though you cant blame Carrick looking at how he's done!)

I Ronic

They're mid table in the second division of Italian football. There are Clubs of the same size in Serie A. So far so similar to us.
   Cross use of facilities, loans, scouting, advertising, etc would seem to fit Mr Khan's plan of sustainable football.
   The one luxury we don't have is a way of filtering our younger players into the first team without losing them or threatening our position in the Premiership. I'm not sure any club our size has found a way of dealing with that.
   Ternana are a mid table side. A few seasons ago they were at the bottom. That's not unchartered waters for the Khan's. Could be a good move.

Deeping_white

We already have one of those development partnerships with their academy FYI so it's not completely random

HV71

Seems like it would be a good member of the family. Decent place for a holiday. Home of St Valentines - don't you just love the Shahid ?!

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on February 21, 2023, 09:06:12 AM
I just hope they either get someone else to take the Ternana DOF role. Im a big fan of what TK has acheived recently but Im not sure how I feel about him being spread even thinner.

The positive is giving players like Pajaziti more game game at league level at a club where we control how many he minutes he gets. Muniz will definitely have been setback by this season (though you cant blame Carrick looking at how he's done!)
"Big fan of what TK has achieved recently"
He has finally learnt to take a back seat and leave player selection to people who know about football.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Jims Dentist on February 21, 2023, 10:53:53 AM

He has finally learnt to take a back seat and leave player selection to people who know about football.

Do you have any sort of evidence to support your claim here? Because all communication I have seen is quite clear in that TK has not taken a back seat. But maybe you are in the know?

Marcel_Gecov

He was in an interview last week and said he works closer with MS than any other manager. Sorry it does fall in line with your world view but everything we are seeing/ hearing suggests he is as involved as he was however is more open to ideas from others. So if we think Fulham have made good transfers recently we have to concede that TK is a part of that :)

EDITED as the original message was completely illiterate. Apologies.

ChesterTheTabby

Great place to breed talent, loan players more easily in house... all the things already mentioned here. Could only be a positive one would think.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

HamsterWheel

Shame its not a Portugese club - those seem to exploit their South American connections to hothouse all the South American talent and flog on for oodles.

Terry Towling

Maybe we will be the junior party in this and the Italian team will send their kids to us  :wine:

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 21, 2023, 11:11:59 AM

Do you have any sort of evidence to support your claim here? Because all communication I have seen is quite clear in that TK has not taken a back seat. But maybe you are in the know?

Tony Khan hasn't taken a back seat and doesn't need to, because he is doing ok. TK should stay in the drivers seat doing exactly what he is doing, and besides Marco Silva is happy with the DOF.

Twig

Quote from: The Rational Fan on February 22, 2023, 12:13:52 AM
Quote from: Sting of the North on February 21, 2023, 11:11:59 AM

Tony Khan hasn't taken a back seat and doesn't need to, because he is doing ok. TK should stay in the drivers seat doing exactly what he is doing, and besides Marco Silva is happy with the DOF.

Not saying you are wrong or right. But you know that how?

mrmicawbers

Not saying its right but he may be looking at the Nottingham Forest scenario.Whos not to say with his funding he could potentially get them into serie A.Im sure this is being thought about with the FFP situation.Want to get rid of some deadwood ship them to another club for sale or loan at inflated prices.

We Are Premier League

Think I read that the bid could be 10m, given the state of finances over there they should be able to walk Serie B next season if FFP doesn't prevent him from investing too much.

No serie B club has spent over 15m in GROSS transfer fees this season so it wouldn't take much...