News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitro according to Marco (as of 3pm today)

Started by Southcoastffc, February 23, 2023, 05:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Marco Silva is not ruling out an appearance for Aleksandar Mitrović against Wolverhampton Wanderers, but admitted the odds are against him.

Our top scorer missed the win in Brighton with a hamstring strain but has been training this week, and Silva will make a late call on his involvement.

"It will be difficult for him to be ready, but we have some more time until tomorrow," Silva explained. "Today he was on the pitch already, he was outside, and let's see what will be the news for tomorrow.

"It will be difficult, I have to say, but it was good to see him outside in the session this morning, and the last few days he was already outside doing some specific work.

"Let's see the reaction from today, and tomorrow we are going to take a decision.

"Tom Cairney is still out, as is Neeskens Kebano."
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Somerset Fulham

If he isn't 100% then I would honestly leave him out of this one, and possibly Leeds too.  He needs to be right because he does struggle when he is even only 80% at the races.

filham

If in doubt leave him out. Lets have a fully fit Mitro firing on all cylinders for the Brentford match.

Sting of the North

I am sure the medical team can assess whether or not there is a risk of aggravating the injury. Otherwise, an 80 % Mitro is still a huge asset to our team. No need to rest him just because he is not 100 %.

In my opinion.

Caedal

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on February 23, 2023, 05:06:42 PM
If he isn't 100% then I would honestly leave him out of this one, and possibly Leeds too.  He needs to be right because he does struggle when he is even only 80% at the races.

This is 100% correct

ffcthereligion

Leave him out until Brentford and play Vinicius up top

Jules

simplyfulham

I'd go with that.

I think we saw in 20/21 what happens if you continually try and play him into fitness. You probably won't get the best out of him.

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Quote from: Caedal on February 23, 2023, 06:07:46 PM

This is 100% correct

+1

filham

Quote from: McBrideOfFrankenstein on February 23, 2023, 07:04:32 PM
Quote from: Caedal on February 23, 2023, 06:07:46 PM

This is 100% correct

+1
[/quote
Yes, and will just add that he hasn't really been 100% for a while and his goal tally has dropped. I know an 80% fit Mitro is pretty good but I want to see the full working model take the field against Brentford, the one that hits those lovely match winners.

Chi_FFC

Quote from: Sting of the North on February 23, 2023, 06:05:45 PM
I am sure the medical team can assess whether or not there is a risk of aggravating the injury. Otherwise, an 80 % Mitro is still a huge asset to our team.

True. He's been dealing with an injury (or injuries) ever since the 1st Newcastle match and over that period of time he's scored 5 goals and had 2 assists in ~1000 league minutes.

SerbianLad

I'd rest Mitro if he's not 100% fit, but a lot of you make it seem like Mitro has been in very poor form after his injury. He was easily MOTM against Palace, probably against Leicester as well. Very good against Aston Villa too and scores an important goal against Bourbenouth. He recieved no service against Chelsea, Spurs and Newcastle so it was hardly only his fault he didn't score there. I thought he was excellent in the first half against Forest too.

hovewhite

Leave him out till Brentford and play Vinicius up top.

Twig

I want us to see the Mitro of the earlier part of the season.  I'm happy to see him rested until  Brentford if that helps him achieve this objective.

davew

Quote from: Twig on February 23, 2023, 08:21:15 PM
I want us to see the Mitro of the earlier part of the season.  I'm happy to see him rested until  Brentford if that helps him achieve this objective.
+1
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

perry geyton

Quote from: filham on February 23, 2023, 05:40:03 PM
If in doubt leave him out. Lets have a fully fit Mitro firing on all cylinders for the Brentford match.

Agreed Carlos can deal with Wolves