watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tim Ream

Started by p.martin, February 24, 2023, 07:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

p.martin

Tim Ream is our rock. Freddy Adu certainly agrees.  Read some interesting quotes, as apparently they played together for the USA together -

I think Fulham have been incredible in what they've done this year, no one saw Fulham being as good as they have been this year. They've been fantastic, and playing good football.

I can't tell you how proud I am of Tim Ream. I came up with Tim and he's come a long way, his game has evolved and he's become so much better since we came up with the youth and men's national teams. He's playing with supreme confidence right now, and I couldn't be proud and happier for him. He's a great guy and a great player, and doing what he's doing in the Premier League – a round of applause for Tim. He deserves it and I know he has worked so hard for it. He's 35 now and still doing it at such a high level; it's incredible.

I hope Fulham keep on winning, keep on doing what they're doing, and maybe they can sneak into the top 5!

Good read!
https://nj.bet/news/freddy-adu-rashford-the-best-player-in-the-world-right-now/

hovewhite

More Great Plaudits for Reeeeeeeeeeaaam

Pluto

It's crazy that he's gone from a situation where most people considered him nowhere near good enough for this league, to being probably in the top 5 centre backs in the premier league on form this season. Especially at the age of 35. The work he must've had to put in to raise his game that much is commendable.

Credit also to Silva and the coaching staff for the job he's done with Ream and developing our back four in general. It's no coincidence that Robinson and Tete have also dramatically improved.

hovewhite

It has to be the coaching and man management from silva.

davew

Like red wine he gets better with age! An inspiration to other players.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

river phoenix

We already know he is good on the ball but, man, yesterday he had at least 3 key heading clearances in front of Jimenez and Diego Costa, two of the best headers of the ball in the league.

toshes mate

Tim Ream has been doing all the right things throughout his time here from when Mike Rigg saw his potential in Tim's Bolton days.  The problems in the Khan era have all been about finding managers who can manage and ridding yourself of mistake makers.  The net result of not achieving is losing the wrong people and players, signing up the wrong replacement people and players, and generally not analysing the core issues in a manner that finds a problem and solves it with any degree of certainty.   We have found and achieved a balance and good players will find a happy home here as long as we keep in mind what we now know every time we make changes. 

Muddle is an increasingly common problem in football as more and more clubs clumsily move through processes with fewer and fewer good staff to solve stuff for them.  Perhaps we will see a very big change when women start to take up some of the key posts and are successful more frequently than their male counterparts.  Its just the swings and roundabouts of life's natural evolutionary journey helping us to eventually have golden ages rather than having to muddle through always making mistakes which tends to be the norm.

Pluto

This man was incredible tonight. Probably saved at least three goals. Man of the match for me by a mile!

FishaPrice

What a game by Ream. Had a couple of mistakes, but boy did he make some big plays!! I agree, he deserves man of the match. Excellent. REEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

A complete Reeemaisance by our Tim. What a player & what a level up. No one for saw that, all credit to him & may it continue for the rest of our season.

COYW!!!

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HamsterWheel

Proper Gandalf tonight... You will not pass!

perry geyton

Must pain so many on here to see this happening on such a constant basis

perry geyton

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on February 28, 2023, 10:19:48 PM
A complete Reeemaisance by our Tim. What a player & what a level up. No one for saw that, all credit to him & may it continue for the rest of our season.

COYW!!!
I saw it and have seen it for years

The Rational Fan

Before we fall in love with Tim Ream, let's not forget that given his age that his statistics/performance could fall off a cliff like Sheffield United Chris Basham's did from 19/20 to 20/21. As the oldest squad in the Premier League according to transfermarkt, we need to be carefully planning to move to a younger squad over the next few seasons or we risk finding out after a transfer window shuts that some of our players are past it.

Arthur

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 01, 2023, 03:16:50 AM
Before we fall in love with Tim Ream, let's not forget that given his age that his statistics/performance could fall off a cliff like Sheffield United Chris Basham's did from 19/20 to 20/21. As the oldest squad in the Premier League according to transfermarkt, we need to be carefully planning to move to a younger squad over the next few seasons or we risk finding out after a transfer window shuts that some of our players are past it.

With Ream's contract having recently been extended by just one year, I think we can confidently presume the Club are aware of the situation.

FFC In Oz

I was in the camp that had written off Ream.

He has been outstanding this season.  Realistically he's exceeded even the most optimistic fan's expectations with his performances this season.

Him and Tete not too far behind Joao as our best and most consistent this season.

Woolly Mammoth

Tomorrow never comes.......
With age comes experience, without the experienced players we have we would not be where we are today.
Age is just a number, it is not the man in the fight, it is the fight in the man. It is not how tall you are it is how high you jump. It is how an individual looks after himself.

It is about desire, hunger and appetite not age. Tim Ream and Willian and Duffy and other experienced players are not sick notes like many young players of today who roll around the pitch feigning injury, you don't see Ream doing that.
Never look too far ahead into the horizon because tomorrow never comes.
A week in football is a long time, so 2/3 years these days is far too long to wait, by all means plan for tomorrow but tomorrow never comes, it is about today enjoy it while you can, because it is about the journey not the destination.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

perry geyton

Quote from: Arthur on March 01, 2023, 07:09:32 AM

With Ream's contract having recently been extended by just one year, I think we can confidently presume the Club are aware of the situation.
Contract he negotiated minus an agent