watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Harrison Reed

Started by Wex, February 25, 2023, 08:25:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wex

Just watched the match. First goal Harrison Reed not tracking back and let his man go. Definitely needs a rest.

Andy S

The blame game again. There are always mistakes in football

Benny

Every goal scored in football is a mistake by the conceding team

Edinburgh White

Harrison has been outstanding this season - cut him some slack.

SerbianLad

He was mainly at fault for that goal, but I think the injury had an impact on his performance. He was excellent this season otherwise. I'd rest him in the Leeds game, regardless of whether he gets better or not. Can't risk losing another midfielder with Palhinha suspended and Cairney injured. Palhinha, Lukic and Andreas against Leeds please.

Somerset Fulham

He was injured, wasn't he?

LC

Been one of our best players this season and is underrated. He picked up an injury in the first half and was taken off at half time. I can't remember when he picked up the knock vs the goal but it wouldn't surprise me if the knock happened first. I haven't watched it back, but it didn't immediately jump out to me that he didn't track back

The fact is, we need him and will struggle without him.

As he picked up a knock, I wouldn't play him against Leeds- I'd start Paliniha instead, as he's going to be suspended for the league games so we might as well play him and rest Reed.

SerbianLad

Quote from: LC on February 25, 2023, 01:39:58 PM
Been one of our best players this season and is underrated. He picked up an injury in the first half and was taken off at half time. I can't remember when he picked up the knock vs the goal but it wouldn't surprise me if the knock happened first. I haven't watched it back, but it didn't immediately jump out to me that he didn't track back

The fact is, we need him and will struggle without him.

As he picked up a knock, I wouldn't play him against Leeds- I'd start Paliniha instead, as he's going to be suspended for the league games so we might as well play him and rest Reed.
It was before the goal. It happened quite early and it really affected our midfield performance. That and early yellow for Palhinha meant we couldn't control the midfield, although Wolves midfield played their part in that too.

Twig

I think the only criticism you could apply is that Reed didn't go off as the injury clearly affected him. Was that his decision or Marco's? We will never know.

colinwhite

Lukis´cs second half performance made a big difference when we had the ball. Harrison could struggle to get his place back.

flyingfish

Is he injured? If he's not back for Brentford what's our midfield set up with joao out?

Ruislip White

Quote from: Andy S on February 25, 2023, 10:18:17 AM
The blame game again. There are always mistakes in football
Got it.  We can't discuss mistakes on a forum for discussing key events (which can include mistakes) in football matches.

H4usuallysitting

No excuses... he's been poor since we bought him....he never wanted to be here in the first place - that was proven when he scored his first goal for us....no celebration... hopefully that'll be the last we see of him

LittleErn

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on February 25, 2023, 04:51:47 PM
No excuses... he's been poor since we bought him....he never wanted to be here in the first place - that was proven when he scored his first goal for us....no celebration... hopefully that'll be the last we see of him

Nice try H4 - I nearly bought it! 😂

ffcthereligion

I'm sick of the Reed bashing. Been such a good player for us and one instance where he and perhaps Ream could do better for a solitary goal and out come the knives. Most of Reeds good work in that position goes unnoticed as it's the nature of his position

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: LittleErn on February 25, 2023, 05:00:11 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on February 25, 2023, 04:51:47 PM

Nice try H4 - I nearly bought it! 😂

I'm very trying

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Twig on February 25, 2023, 03:01:15 PM
I think the only criticism you could apply is that Reed didn't go off as the injury clearly affected him. Was that his decision or Marco's? We will never know.

Agreed.

Our midfield, for multiple reasons, got outplayed in the first half.   It is what it is.

Reed has played above and beyond what I expected of him this season.   

MisfitKid

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

filham

Not Reed's best game yesterday but he is usually so good, I thought our wh0le midfield was over run and Lukic coming on seemed not to improve things. We needed the master passer, Cairney.

Wex

So what most of the above posters are saying is that we can never critically analyse what a player does in order for them to improve. I know he's been a star this season but that doesn't change the fact he didn't track the runner who went right past him. The reasons may be injury Orr fatigue but it still needs addressing no matter how many good games in the past he's had.