watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old BBC Ground Motspur Park development

Started by love4ffc, February 28, 2023, 03:16:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

Interesting tweet from Whitenoise asking about the development of the old BBC Sports Ground. 

Application dated Wed 05 Oct 2022 for BBC Sports Ground Motspur Park New Malden Link can be found at:

https://publicaccess.kingston.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=RJA9ODNHKN700

Approval of Phase 1 of Condition 12 (Construction Management Plan) of Planning Permission ref: 18/15124/FUL (Demolition of existing derelict buildings, erection of a two storey building to provide essential welfare, changing, sports science and ancillary office facilities (Class D2). Erection of a single storey security building, security gate cabin and alterations to existing buildings to allow use for storage of groundsman's equipment (Class D2). Provision of CCTV, floodlighting, refurbishment/repair works to internal access roads, reconfiguration of car park and service layout. Pitch enhancement works consisting of 5no. full sized football pitches, 2no. goalkeeping training areas and 3no. fast feet training areas, including alterations to levels, pitch construction and subsoil, replacement drainage, ducting for services including under soil heating, pitch irrigation, associated fencing and ball stop netting, boundary treatments and hard and soft landscaping. All works are associated with the continued use of the site for sporting purposes (Use Class D2)) dated 06/02/2020

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

RaySmith

A major plus to have undersoil heating - many women's and lower league games called off recently, because of the lack of this - so frozen pitches.

Motspur Park

Some drilling going on in January but stopped again. Wondered what was happening with the site... all seemed as if it were dependent on our status because plans were approved and nothing happened. Though, like Craven Cottage, the amendments to planning seem to be the reason. I would think this could all take shape quite quickly because the car park, pavilion etc will be fairly quick.... It is the pitches which will take time as they are meticulous about the preparation. Long gone are the training sessions for the first team at local recreation parks. How far we sunk from the Bank of England and how far we have now come.

KJS

Loved that ground, played football and cricket on there many times back in the day 🏏⚽👍

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: KJS on February 28, 2023, 07:50:20 AM
Loved that ground, played football and cricket on there many times back in the day 🏏⚽👍

I played a couple of seasons for the BBC in late 70's captaining the first team (in 79 I think) before the BBC lost interest in the ground.
They allowed it to run down before selling the site, I believe to someone who wanted to develop it into a private club and housing but never gained permission for the housing.

KJS

I played for New Malden and Berrylands in mid to late 70's so our paths may well have crossed👍