watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team in v Leeds (FA Cup)

Started by Friendsoffulham, February 28, 2023, 06:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

davew

Well done Marco, really glad to see you are taking tonights game seriously, good starting 11 with quality on the bench. Hope we get a good draw in the quarter final. COYW
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Baston White

Looks like we are taking this seriously.
Great move by Marco.
C.O.Y.W.
049:gif :clap_hands: 049:gif

South Coast White

Not bad line up, would have preferred Tete/Diop started, Leeds are very quick and dangerous down the left.

davew

Quote from: Baston White on February 28, 2023, 06:52:21 PM
Looks like we are taking this seriously.
Great move by Marco.
C.O.Y.W.
049:gif :clap_hands: 049:gif
Just said more or less the same, great minds think alike!

TheCeiling

The only surprise for me is Tosin. I thought Duffy has shown good stuff against Sunderland. But at least Tosin and Ream already used to play each other, so hopefully we'll see Tosin coming back to form.

An exciting line up. Let's do this !!

049:gif

Whitestone

Disappointed that Leno isn't starting.

SerbianLad

Marco wants to win the whole thing!  He rested Mitro for this game. Really strong linenup overrall and hopefully a performance that matches it's quality.

davew

Quote from: SerbianLad on February 28, 2023, 06:54:39 PM
Marco wants to win the whole thing!  He rested Mitro for this game. Really strong linenup overrall and hopefully a performance that matches it's quality.
I don't think Mitro was rested, he was injured according to reports, but who really cares as he is back for us tonight. Hoping he will provide 1 of his better performances tonight.

TheCeiling

I think that's the first time this season we're going to see Mitro and Solomon playing together in the starting XI. I'm hyped.

bigalffc

Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

filham

A very strong line up, surprised , but pleased, to see Mitro playing.
We really should win this one.
I decided not to go tonight but to watch on telly, beginning to regret that decision already.

Plodder

I am disappointed that Marco has not gone with what he considers our his best XI given our league position, plus a better chance than we may ever get (in my lifetime) to go one better than in 1975, and we don't play again until  Monday.  I really don't understand the thinking.  Maybe that for all the platitudes, managers both from overseas and this country don't get what the makes the FA Cup special to those of who are older.

SerbianLad

Quote from: davew on February 28, 2023, 07:00:17 PM
I don't think Mitro was rested, he was injured according to reports, but who really cares as he is back for us tonight. Hoping he will provide 1 of his better performances tonight.
Considering the fact he trained a bit on his own, I'm sure he could have played through injury like he did many times before and then rested for this game.

Regardless, I like the look of that lineup and hope for a good performance.

ffcthereligion

Perhaps an unfair question pre match, but at what point do you drop Rodak? Would you be comfortable with him playing the final if we managed to get there for instance? At any stage its harsh but surely best interests of the club have to come first

TheCeiling

Quote from: ffcthereligion on February 28, 2023, 07:07:34 PM
Perhaps an unfair question pre match, but at what point do you drop Rodak? Would you be comfortable with him playing the final if we managed to get there for instance? At any stage its harsh but surely best interests of the club have to come first
For me he should be starting only in one scenario: if we draw a 'weaker' team. If we're going to play to likes of ManU, City or Brighton, I'm pretty sure we're going to see Leno instead.

davew

Quote from: SerbianLad on February 28, 2023, 07:07:14 PM
Quote from: davew on February 28, 2023, 07:00:17 PM
Considering the fact he trained a bit on his own, I'm sure he could have played through injury like he did many times before and then rested for this game.

Regardless, I like the look of that lineup and hope for a good performance.
Me too, Plodder would have preferred 4 or 5 of our other players to start but at least they are all on the bench, not worried tonight except who our opponents might be in the qtr final.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Whitestone on February 28, 2023, 06:54:21 PM
Disappointed that Leno isn't starting.

Rodak is our weakest link, hope he doesn't disappoint. Sentimentality has no place at this stage and this mistake by Silva that may cost us.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

SerbianLad

Quote from: ffcthereligion on February 28, 2023, 07:07:34 PM
I don't have a problem with him starting, he's played well so far and I think that if we were hypothetically speaking reached the final, that would probably mean that he played at a decent level at least considering we came that far. So I wouldn't have a problem with him starting there either.