more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Two superb goals...

Started by Fulham Tup North, February 28, 2023, 09:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham Tup North

049:gif    :wow:
Both wonderful strikes.... well played Fulham...
COYW....
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

TheCeiling

The stream got stuck for me for a few minutes. I couldn't even catch the Solomon goal. I'll need to find it somewhere on the internet.

SerbianLad

Quote from: TheCeiling on February 28, 2023, 09:48:10 PM
The stream got stuck for me for a few minutes. I couldn't even catch the Solomon goal. I'll need to find it somewhere on the internet.
Look at the FA Cup twitter page you can see it there.

TheCeiling

Quote from: SerbianLad on February 28, 2023, 09:51:35 PM
Look at the FA Cup twitter page you can see it there.
Thx. I'll check it  :54:

Mince n Tatties

Both goals on BBC results .

filham

Two great goals that deserved to win the match and they did.
However, Leeds lost the match because of their dreadful shooting, they should have scored more than our two.

Something not right about our performance and we will need to do better to get anything from the next two matches, Lady Luck is not going to stay with us against Brentford and Arsenal.

The bottom line of course is that we are in the 6th round of the FA Cup and 6th in the Premier league, who would have expected that at the begining of the season.

bog

This month's BBC Goal of the Month could have four of ours in the list!  :yay: 049:gif

hovewhite

Quote from: filham on February 28, 2023, 10:00:39 PM
However, Leeds lost the match because of their dreadful shooting, they should have scored more than our two.

Something not right about our performance and we will need to do better to get anything from the next two matches, Lady Luck is not going to stay with us against Brentford and Arsenal.

The bottom line of course is that we are in the 6th round of the FA Cup and 6th in the Premier league, who would have expected that at the begining of the season.
I don't think we've been on our game the last couple of games especially the start of games we have lacked desire.just my opinion.

FishaPrice

Its great to see us scoring those types of goals. Beautiful!

Woolly Mammoth

Could not have scored two better goals than those two goals tonight.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

TheCeiling

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 28, 2023, 09:56:55 PM

Both goals on BBC results .

Thx also to you.

I just watched the goal, a thing of beauty! What impresses me about Manor is Leeds knew what he's gonna do but still couldn't stop him from doing it. Arjen Robben has had 1 signature move which everybody knew what is gonna look like, yet they could have rarely prevent him from doing it. It's pretty unstoppable if you have the quickness and the ability to change directions this sharply the same way Robben done that and now the way Manor seems to do it as well. I think Marco can make him a special player.

Kudos for Joao for his amazing goal as well. What a steal and then a strike that was. 

General

Quote from: filham on February 28, 2023, 10:00:39 PM

I think we've got to appreciate that when you've got players like Mitro, Solomon, Willian, Palhinha etc who have the capacity to score at this level and make it look easy,  you also need to appreciate that they're the exception rather than the rule.

We spent years in this league with players struggling to score but just about staying up or in mid table.

Finding top players who make it look as easy to score, like we had in the championship but a level up, is rare and starts putting them in the world class bracket.

It's hard to score in the PL for most, most games are settled by one or two goals.

I've seen a few people complain about how poor we've looked recently or how lucky we've been, but we're simply playing well and got used to a particularly high standard this season, and people are already starting to forget what it's like to be an average PL team.

We're used to palhinha being a tackling machine for instance, so when he's not as good we automatically jump down the teams back for underperforming.

The fact is though, we're now unbeaten in 6 or 7 games? Another clean sheet in the top league.

It may be fine margins, or feel like it, but these things are what separate top teams.

Having a defence that cut down most of the angles, who are well disciplined, a midfield that does the key jobs well and strikers who take their chances is, when pulled together, gold dust at this level.

Long may it continue.

HatterDon

Mitro and Solomon looked like they'd run the attack for years. Mitro was as solid as I've seen him this season.

I can't imagine how Ream could get any better, but he's definitely working on it.

Good day, good result.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

SP

And a great header from Mitro which was unfortunately offside.

TheCeiling

Leeds fans are saying on their forum this finishing ability is the main difference between a bottom of the table team to a top 6 side.

Woolly Mammoth

It took two great goals to knock a tenacious Leeds United team out of the FA Cup.
After going two nil up we saw the game out, but there were a few close shaves.
Leeds seem to have more energy and desire at times and they came too close for comfort.
Goals change games and this was a classic example, and if Leeds had taken their chances it may have been a different story.
Nevertheless there were still plenty of positives and it's the result that counts and we scored more goals than they did which happened to be classic goals of Epic Proportions.
The season just gets better and better.
One match at a time is the order of the day and Fulham are doing just that. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Palhinha's goal was struck so well and with vicious bend and was one to savour until the next time things come together for the lad.  Soloman's replica of his goal against Wolves was noteworthy for using the extra six inches or so of space he had last night to place the ball in the very corner of the net rather than using the side netting.  Real class both goals from the lad.  And shame about Mitro's six inches or so offside header.   Leeds are having a renaissance and could claim a lack of luck last night that seems to dog many sides who are in trouble.  I still think they are still in serious danger of going down despite the brightness of talent they have found.  They still cannot score at will and that is something that need to repair if they are to survive.

Agree with Woolly that we stick with the one game at a time philosophy that Marco Silva has brought to our game. 

WindyCity

Ha, not to worry.  Just review his goal v Wolves.  Carbon copy......

sunburywhite

I cant stop watching Joao's goal
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me