watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

View from afar - Peabody's post match thread

Started by Peabody, February 28, 2023, 09:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Just listening to MOTD waxing lyrical about us. As for the match, think we did well but we seem to be lacking an edge, two wonderful goals and I think we just about edged it. I  think we will need to be sharper against Brentford. Glad we have progressed but I tell you what, I much prefer being there.

Motspur Park

Disjointed performance with lots of poor games. Cedric done okay (no more) Ream was excellent as was Palhinha and Solomon but the rest were average or poor. I thought Rodak was really poor and Robinson, I felt, flattered to deceive. We didn't control the game but a win us a win with two brilliant goals.

bobbo

Quote from: Peabody on February 28, 2023, 09:54:15 PM
Just listening to MOTD waxing lyrical about us. As for the match, think we did well but we seem to be lacking an edge, two wonderful goals and I think we just about edged it. I  think we will need to be sharper against Brentford. Glad we have progressed but I tell you what, I much prefer being there.
me too Peabody . I'm feeling guilty , had a ticket and never went watched at home. Came off long haul flight this morning .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Finnans Right Peg

Once again peabody spot on as always

Luka

Quote from: Motspur Park on February 28, 2023, 09:59:57 PM
Disjointed performance with lots of poor games. Cedric done okay (no more) Ream was excellent as was Palhinha and Solomon but the rest were average or poor. I thought Rodak was really poor and Robinson, I felt, flattered to deceive. We didn't control the game but a win us a win with two brilliant goals.
Agree about Rodak, if we are to progress much further in this competition we need start Leno.

HV71

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on February 28, 2023, 10:06:42 PM

Agree 100% looking forward to many more "views from afar" and the return of " just got back"

St Eve

View from afar. Perfect Peabody. Just perfect.

love4ffc

Quote from: Luka on February 28, 2023, 10:15:38 PM
Agree about Rodak, if we are to progress much further in this competition we need start Leno.

I don't completely agree with this.  I thought Rodak did ok.  He made some good saves that were really important and kept Fulham in the game.  With that said I do think there is a big difference between Rodak and Leno in how they control the box and command their area.  Rodak seems to stay with in goal and not stray very much.  Leno moves around a lot and plays more as a sweeper.  Think Leno is the better keeper but do think Rodak still had a good game. 

Ream was immense and as per usual this season and was in the right place at the right time.  Cedric and Lukic both looked good to me.  Both I think are capable in the roles they were asked to play though both I think were showing a bit of rust. 

Palhinha was fantastic as always and hit a wonder goal.  Solomon was brilliant and that goal of his is becoming a signature one that I hope he keeps scoring those for the rest of the season. 

Going forward in the cup I would go with more of the starting XI.  I wouldn't mind seeing Solomon start more with Bobby taking a bit of a back seat.  That might seem harsh, but I just like what Solomon brings to the game. 

Here's to hoping for a good draw.   049:gif
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Jules

Agree, we need full strength for next round. Leno in. Rodak flapped at things last night, he hasn't played much so I don't blame him and Ream rescued him and kept clean sheet. But we need Leno, Diop and ideally Tete in next round to give us best chance.

SG

We changed three of the back five. It's inevitable we would look a little weaker. That said there were a couple of times when I was looking for Rodak to come and sweep up and he didn't. Similarly he flapped at balls into the box and in saving shots pushed the ball back into the danger area. Difficult for him when he plays intermittently. Leno for me every time

Motspur Park

Quote from: love4ffc on March 01, 2023, 01:10:46 AM

I don't completely agree with this.  I thought Rodak did ok.  He made some good saves that were really important and kept Fulham in the game.  With that said I do think there is a big difference between Rodak and Leno in how they control the box and command their area.  Rodak seems to stay with in goal and not stray very much.  Leno moves around a lot and plays more as a sweeper.  Think Leno is the better keeper but do think Rodak still had a good game. 

Ream was immense and as per usual this season and was in the right place at the right time.  Cedric and Lukic both looked good to me.  Both I think are capable in the roles they were asked to play though both I think were showing a bit of rust. 

Palhinha was fantastic as always and hit a wonder goal.  Solomon was brilliant and that goal of his is becoming a signature one that I hope he keeps scoring those for the rest of the season. 

Going forward in the cup I would go with more of the starting XI.  I wouldn't mind seeing Solomon start more with Bobby taking a bit of a back seat.  That might seem harsh, but I just like what Solomon brings to the game. 

Here's to hoping for a good draw.   049:gif
I like Rodak but there were many aspects of his game yesterday which just weren't up to scratch. It may be rustiness but he was plain poor. He flapped at crosses, his parries put the ball back in the danger zone and his positional sense was poor. Of course, not helped by other changes in the defence, but on several occasions we were just lucky not to concede. Winning should not screen the obvious errors. Outfield, we were sloppy..... too many errant passes and Lukic needs game time to bed in but Harrison's displays this season have been so much better than Lukic last night. Diop was far from good against Crawley, so let's hope he will improve.

blingo

Quote from: HV71 on February 28, 2023, 10:16:11 PM
Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on February 28, 2023, 10:06:42 PM

Agree 100% looking forward to many more "views from afar" and the return of " just got back"

Well put Mr HV and a BIG+1 Mr P

ianthailand

Another 'Man of theMatch' performance from Mr. Peabody. Hope you are well young man.

Milo

Rodak, Tosin, Soares, Lukic, and Wilson all reserves. So I think we can expect a step up against Brentford with our starting 11.

St Eve

Quote from: Milo on March 01, 2023, 11:42:48 PM
Rodak, Tosin, Soares, Lukic, and Wilson all reserves. So I think we can expect a step up against Brentford with our starting 11.
Although we will not have Palhinha and Lucik will play

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Peabody on February 28, 2023, 09:54:15 PM

I think our main problem is sloppy passing, especially in the first half and that has been a trend over the last few games. When you have Ream giving the ball away cheaply you know something is wrong.

WindyCity

Quote from: Jules on March 01, 2023, 06:06:44 AM
Agree, we need full strength for next round. Leno in.

I don't think so.  Rodak is still a professional footballer.  Would be a huge blow and face slap to over ride him at this point.  As far as I'm concerned, he rides the FA Cup train to its' final conclusion.  I don't think MS makes a change here.  I would be very very surprised if MS makes a keeper change. 

filham

We were a long way of our top form and  lucky that Leeds missed so many chances, score could well have been 2-6 with Leeds now in the 6th round.
Our luck changes in the 6th round draw, Man.city and Man.U away were without doubt the hardest draws possible and we hit the Jackpot.