watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Flares

Started by demeant0r, March 06, 2023, 09:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbo

Whilst I and most like minded here are abhorred by these flares our fans did it at qpr last season and one landed right beside Rhys porter in his wheelchair .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Woolly Mammoth

This topic and discussion is i fear in danger of flaring up again.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Quote from: Kemosabe on March 07, 2023, 10:54:15 AM
For some reason their "Fire Marshall" seemed to be based up near the away fans (despite FFC having little record of flares).  Even after the first flare incident he stayed there. 

When the second flare was thrown on the pitch I watched him able down the length of the pitch (behind the barriers, stepping round stewards as he went) and then struggle to open a gate/clamber onto the pitch.  There was no urgency about him.  The second flare had pretty much burnt out by the time he got to it.

Very poor risk planning.  Hope the FA gives them grief.

Yes, I saw exactly the same. It was pathetic.

EastEndWhite

Quote from: Twig on March 08, 2023, 11:23:35 AM
For some reason their "Fire Marshall" seemed to be based up near the away fans (despite FFC having little record of flares).  Even after the first flare incident he stayed there. 

When the second flare was thrown on the pitch I watched him able down the length of the pitch (behind the barriers, stepping round stewards as he went) and then struggle to open a gate/clamber onto the pitch.  There was no urgency about him.  The second flare had pretty much burnt out by the time he got to it.

Or maybe there were just following the current advice.  The following is from the Sports Ground Safety Authority website

Pyrotechnics

The SGSA has developed an education campaign toolkit to raise awareness of the risks associated with the use of pyrotechnics and to help ensure safety officers, their safety teams, staff, players and officials at clubs are fully aware of the responsibilities around pyrotechnics. The document also compliments and reaffirms advice from the 'Pyrotechnics in Stadia' report published by UEFA in 2016.

The toolkit reinforces the following key messages:

If the illegal use of a pyrotechnic does take place, those who might attempt to deal with pyrotechnic devices should follow the three-stage approach:

MOVE AWAY
LEAVE THEM ALONE
LET THEM BURN OUT

This campaign is supported by all members of a Pyrotechnics Working Group, made up of representatives from the EFL, FA, Football Supporters Association, Premier League and UK Football Policing Unit.

https://sgsa.org.uk/pyrotechnics/

https://sgsa.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/Pyrotechnics-Education-Campaign-Toolkit.pdf

Twig

Quote from: EastEndWhite on March 08, 2023, 03:06:22 PM
Quote from: Twig on March 08, 2023, 11:23:35 AM

Or maybe there were just following the current advice.  The following is from the Sports Ground Safety Authority website

Pyrotechnics

The SGSA has developed an education campaign toolkit to raise awareness of the risks associated with the use of pyrotechnics and to help ensure safety officers, their safety teams, staff, players and officials at clubs are fully aware of the responsibilities around pyrotechnics. The document also compliments and reaffirms advice from the 'Pyrotechnics in Stadia' report published by UEFA in 2016.

The toolkit reinforces the following key messages:

If the illegal use of a pyrotechnic does take place, those who might attempt to deal with pyrotechnic devices should follow the three-stage approach:

MOVE AWAY
LEAVE THEM ALONE
LET THEM BURN OUT

This campaign is supported by all members of a Pyrotechnics Working Group, made up of representatives from the EFL, FA, Football Supporters Association, Premier League and UK Football Policing Unit.

https://sgsa.org.uk/pyrotechnics/

https://sgsa.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/Pyrotechnics-Education-Campaign-Toolkit.pdf

But why was the only fire man stationed at the away end and more pertinently why did he remain at that end after the first flare?

Jims Dentist

My hate at football is drums.
Mostly heard at non league, although Leicester have a drumming moron.