watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Flares

Started by demeant0r, March 06, 2023, 09:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

demeant0r

Surely the FA have to fine Brentford over their inability to screen out flares? Absolute tossers throwing two tonight.

love4ffc

Quote from: demeant0r on March 06, 2023, 09:37:12 PM
Surely the FA have to fine Brentford over their inability to screen out flares? Absolute tossers throwing two tonight.
One would hope so. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

SP

Very non-league, two should mean a big fine but I'm sure they'll let them off like Toney.

Twig

I hate the bloody things and after the first one the failure of the stewards to deal with the flare throwers should certainly mean a fine for Brentford. How is that even smart, costing the club you support a fine?

itombomb

Brentford supporting mate says it hasn't happened before this season. Imagine they'll cctv the people who will receive long bans. Should be a general push to fine clubs who let it happen though.

Fulham Tup North

:005:
I stopped wearing them in the 70's.....
064.gif
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Andy S

They didn't seem to have anyone close at hand to deal with them either

Ashington White

Yes that was ridiculous, fair enough the referee delayed the restart, but what was everyone waiting for? Surely there should be a procedure in place and all the senior stewards will be able to communicate with each other.  As has been said, should be a fine coming their way.

Kemosabe

For some reason their "Fire Marshall" seemed to be based up near the away fans (despite FFC having little record of flares).  Even after the first flare incident he stayed there. 

When the second flare was thrown on the pitch I watched him able down the length of the pitch (behind the barriers, stepping round stewards as he went) and then struggle to open a gate/clamber onto the pitch.  There was no urgency about him.  The second flare had pretty much burnt out by the time he got to it.

Very poor risk planning.  Hope the FA gives them grief.

Mince n Tatties

I had a wine pair in the 70s,when there were a strong wind I nearly got lifted off the ground on occasions.😆

Andy S

Don't overdo it mince just about funny the first time

filham

I am sure it will be dealt with, the authorities don't want to see that sort of thing happening.

Andy S

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 07, 2023, 11:17:41 AM
I had a wine pair in the 70s,when there were a strong wind I nearly got lifted off the ground on occasions.😆

My mate reckons the guy that threw the flare looked like Rick Flare the wrestler who stated he threw it because there were no flare players on the pitch.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

When I first watched football people threw toilet rolls as the players came out on to the pitch. Why? I don't know but flares during a game seems crazy.

SP

Expecting the fan or fans who threw the smoke bombs to be banned from the GTech stadium, shame...........

Or, more likely, Brentford will say they are very concerned but have been unable to identify the perpetrator.

bobbo

I was treated to a ticket for the game by a mate ( bees fan ) hence I was right among a bunch vile foul mouthed fans . It also amazed me nobody had a bucket to deal with the flares . I made one of the biggest mistakes by accepting and will never do it again . Whilst I kept quiet a few around me knew . I managed to hold my own with a bit of banter .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

ffcthereligion

Leno should have just chucked it back at them

davew

They should be deducted 3 points!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

alfie

Quote from: ffcthereligion on March 07, 2023, 05:51:06 PM
Leno should have just chucked it back at them
He would have been sent off.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't