watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pereiras downturn in form

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, March 07, 2023, 10:30:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

He is a good player for us and i hope he stays.

But he suddenly looks off the pace in the last few games and its costing us. Even when Paulinha has played, Pereira has not been his usual self recently.

Maidstone Lee

He's certainly been off it recently. Problem we have is there isn't anyone else who can fill in that role at the moment. Cairney's injury came at a really bad time.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Mince n Tatties

I thought he assisted both goals last night.🤔

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 07, 2023, 11:43:52 AM

he did and well done for him taking a shot on the second goal - we seem to be scared to do that last night.

However, he has been overun by his opponents in the Brighton game and last night.

Andy S

It sometimes happens that a manager needs a player to pla in a slightly different way. It might not be his favourite way of playing but he just bites his lip and gets on with it. I'm sure he will come good again

St Eve

Funny because I thought other than Tete and Solomon he was the only one that showed up last night

Whitestone

I haven't noticed. Two assists yesterday and I thought he worked hard.
What I would say is that the team as a whole have been a bit off the pace lately, something that Silva is acutely aware of judging by his post match comments following recent games.

hovewhite

Quote from: St Eve on March 07, 2023, 12:17:22 PM
Funny because I thought other than Tete and Solomon he was the only one that showed up last night
[/quoteyou watched the same game as me.]

General

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 07, 2023, 11:43:52 AM

It is funny how we perceive things isn't it. His freekick definitely led to the Solomon goal and he did lay off the ball for Vinicius' goal.  Feel sometimes people let their general frustrations of the game and way it's played project their views onto particular players as they're looking for scapegoats, reasons or excuses.

It was the same for Vinicius who people decided to choose as a scapegoat previously who, again with limited time on the pitch, contributed to the game in a meaningful way by scoring a goal.

We actually didn't play too poorly yesterday. A few decisions went against us, we didn't look as potent up front but there are fine lines in this league, as we saw with our matches vs Brighton and Leeds.

I think we as fans need to know when to take a step back every now and then to assess things when we're not in the heat of the moment.

Brentford had 16 (SIXTEEN) days between playing us and their previous game with almost a full strength side, if not a full strength side. They should've arguably looked a lot better against us given that and us being without palhinha, we had 5 days and played them on the sixth day after our last game.

The ref had a very weak game too, for both sides. Lukic could've probably been sent off, but Toney should've been sent off beforehand and if he had been, then Lukic being sent off may have not even been a question as it was Toney's throughball that forced Lukic to make the tackle. Diop's 'challenge' for their penalty was also extremely soft. You could also argue, pretty reasonably that Toney shouldn't even be playing football. To admit guilt to gambling at such a significant level should've included an immediate ban pending investigation, which would've created the urgency. If he was banned now and then got handed a six month fine, then they could always reduce it in arrears.

toshes mate

I don't think Pereira has dropped off at all.  He has always had an error in his game like any other player but his added value to the team is there to be seen every game..

Bassey the warrior

The one thing I'd like to see more of from Pereira is running beyond Mitro, Carvalho was great at this last season and it led to more chances, but that's not a natural part of Pereira's game, he tends to sit in the hole like Cairney. Would be great if he could add this to his game.

Jules

I thought he played quite well, probably one of our better performers and he's been great all season imo. His free kick and late shot last night resulted in our 2 goals.

Milo

First half in particular he kept mis-controlling balls and misplacing passes. Thought he was poor.

However, his deliveries from set pieces are vital for us and I thought they would be very important last night as we didn't get many chances from open play.

ex-Pat

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on March 07, 2023, 10:30:53 AM
He is a good player for us and i hope he stays.

But he suddenly looks off the pace in the last few games and its costing us. Even when Paulinha has played, Pereira has not been his usual self recently.

Your way off with this, he was our best player out there , start to worry about Mitro.....

WindyCity

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on March 07, 2023, 10:30:53 AM
He is a good player for us and i hope he stays.  But he suddenly looks off the pace in the last few games and its costing us. Even when Paulinha has played, Pereira has not been his usual self recently.

He may be off a bit, but his two strikes resulted in our two goals scored.  Just sayin'.....

ffcthereligion

It's not a one or the other. You can have two assists but not have played that well throughout the match. Each assist was a rebound. I think he's absolutely key to us personally

jelmo

I'm more worried about Mitro. He's been bad for a while now. I'd start Vinicius in the next game as he just looks totally off the pace.

Having said that.... I din like his assist for Solomon in the Wolves game.

FishaPrice

Lately, Andreas has been anonymous for large stretches of the game. His set pieces are wonderful though. For me, Andreas should get more involved. I think Mitrovic's poor form has affected Andreas a lot and visa versa. Unfortunately, neither of our front two are playing well and also aren't linking up well. Andreas' shots yesterday did lead to two goals. He has got a great shot on him, so hopefully he keeps that up.

itombomb

Pereira is a good player, with good pace, excellent work rate and brilliant set-piece delivery.

He has a few big weaknesses though, he's pretty bad at receiving the ball in congested areas (someone needs to work with him to develop the Damien Duff/Iniesta 'win a freekick' move) and despite his technical ability he's often weirdly sloppy on the ball - and will unnecessarily give it away through underhit/misplaced passes multiple times a game. 

I think Lukic playing in the middle will help a fair bit, as a bit less 'playmaking' will fall on Perieria's shoulders, and he should also find a bit more space.

Ultimately he's well worth what we paid for him, and will be a good player for Fulham for a long while yet. In time his will be a position we will look to upgrade.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on March 07, 2023, 01:02:10 PM
The one thing I'd like to see more of from Pereira is running beyond Mitro, Carvalho was great at this last season and it led to more chances, but that's not a natural part of Pereira's game, he tends to sit in the hole like Cairney. Would be great if he could add this to his game.

+1

The end product has always been the knock on Andreas.

He has the ability to get himself in to more dangerous positions consistently, he did so a fair bit earlier in the season if I recall