Pick your option

Yes to a NFR Forum
30 (36.6%)
No to a NFR Forum
52 (63.4%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Voting closed: March 14, 2023, 12:49:05 PM

Ludlow Richard

I voted "no". I just think it will be too difficult for moderators to manage the separation of topics.

ffcthereligion

Yes. Separate forum away from 'general discussion'

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: YankeeJim on March 11, 2023, 05:32:43 PM
NO! There are other outlets such as Twitter for the trollers to gather. Political  discussions on electronic media are never discussions. Usually just a bunch of people throwing insults. Besides when it comes to politics I am right and everyone else is wrong.  :dft012:

Precisely and Twitter is for Twits.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Whitesideup

The forum for me has been well-balanced. The Lineker debate was well-handled (I think) and well-discussed. Although not specifically Fulham related, this was one of the sharpest issues to mix both football and politics in the same sentence, and I thought the discussion was pretty good and the moderators did well to allow comments that covered  both football and political .. because in this case the two were very closely linked.

I too enjoy some of the non-football (non-Fulham?) related discussions and I also don't want abusive left/right political debates. So I don't see the need for change.

Wolf

No. Keep politics out of football on a basic level. The one thing that brings us together is Fulham FC. The most divisive issues are political. Users should have other outlets for their politicking.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

bog

No thanks. Football away from the dark world of politics is a refuge for me.   

Fulham Tup North

092.gif
I have voted NO.
NFR subjects can be quite interesting, yet once politics gets raised, so do most people's tempers.
The GL debate seemed well balanced with differing views, but as others have stated... no-one has ever gone onto Twitter etc and completely changed their political view... it becomes more likely a case for shouting people down....  and it is so easy to get drawn into a row simply by misreading or misunderstanding someone's comment.
We all love Fulham... We are all united by Fulham.... let's not go looking for things which devide us....
COYW
049:gif :54:
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

OZ-WHITE

As long as its a seperate section of the site with language rules and rules against blatant spam or misinformation , I voted Yes but at the end of the day its a football forum so probably should restricted to politics in the game and political decisions in regards to ground redevelopments , public transport, law enforcement , etc etc etc
If it wasn't for the medication I,d be chewing on your skin

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 11, 2023, 01:51:22 PM
I voted No, No and thrice No.
It always ends in a brawl and nobody is going to change their view or narrative no matter how hard they try.
This is how wars start, you can knock on a deaf man's door for ever.
Keep this marvellous Friends of Fulham Football Forum, to be a friendly Fulham football forum, which i am to understand was the reason it was set up.

Go in peace not in pieces.

I disagree... we're the people's front of Judea

jarv

No, stick to football. Non Fulham is ok, Lineker for example.  I would be interested on others views on here. I am a bit biased, I detest the bbc and the complete waste of money the license fee is. OK I admit a small percentage of broadcasts are still quite good.
I never watch bbc news, all tory nonsense.   They claim to be balance, really????

filham

I am in two minds as some times our no politics rule is restrictive, after all politics is about the way we live and at times is hard to avoid.
However we really don't want to turn this into a strong political site that overruns our love of Fulham and football.

Best we continue as we are , our mods, who are doing a wonderful job, could just allow us to touch on politics where it is really necessary/relevent to the matter being discussed. Gary Lineker and players wages  may be examples where a little more rope may be let out.

DadCreature

I voted yes. I frequent other online football forums, and they created non-game related forums, and it worked well for them. Those places are where you go with all the free-for-all stuff, and it really helps focus the discussion in the main forums. I believe it also makes the moderators life a lot easier. I will say that I will miss a lot of the random facts. I learn reading the NFR threads around here, but if politics is threatening the integrity of the football discussion here, then it should be sent away.

Willham

Quote from: Ludlow Richard on March 11, 2023, 09:20:29 PM
I voted "no". I just think it will be too difficult for moderators to manage the separation of topics.

I am currently on the fence, for that reason ^

This is one of the few places I feel comfortable posting and would make use of such board but also feel like it will be way too hard to manage, going to give it the night to think a d vote later, no need to rush into a decision.

Second the point fillham made too

toshes mate

As Twig says provided it is clearly a separate forum then I cannot see what harm it can do.  Whether people use this new forum or not is up to them just as the 'General Discussion' category is.  No objection from me. 

bobbo

I instigated the gary lineker post but had nothing to do with it getting out of hand . And it's a no from me also.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

alfie

I have sort of changed my mind, if it definitely can be kept away from football matters then I think I will say yes.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

FFCpmd

I voted no, and relieved about the outcome of the vote. Why?

...because did anyone even consider the consequences of a yes vote on poor John (whitejc) and the added burden that would have been put on him of having to post thousands and thousands of NFR articles every day on a  'Daily NFR Stuff'  thread?

Somerset Fulham

Not to anybody in particular, but I do think that if the mods thought they couldn't cope with this kind of forum then they wouldn't offer up this option of having one.

They know what they are doing without question, so its not for us to decide if they could cope or not?

RaySmith

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on March 15, 2023, 09:23:42 AM
Not to anybody in particular, but I do think that if the mods thought they couldn't cope with this kind of forum then they wouldn't offer up this option of having one.

They know what they are doing without question, so its not for us to decide if they could cope or not?
[/quote
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on March 15, 2023, 09:23:42 AM

Maybe, since 'politics' seems to keep coming up anyway, maybe the mods think it will be easier to keep it one place, also better for those who are put off by any political discussion on here.

I'm still a 'no', but do think that with the  current climate, politics creeps into nearly everything - ticket prices, ownership of clubs, racism, gambling, the BBC - attacked from both left and right, it's very existence called  into question by a Government ideologically opposed to it, and internet trolling and  abuse, etc.

'Culture Wars' is the current thing, like it or not, and I most definitely don't- the Woke , the Snowflakes, with their  PC views v that of most of the British press and media, the Government, and the many supporters of these, but many who don't support these views with so many issues pulled into this,  everything black and white, no shades of grey - you're a Woke, or you're One of Us, and everything turns into a bitter argument, with little possibility of compromise, or civilised discussion or agreement to agree to disagree

See, the problem - now I'm becoming political, inadvertently, without even realising, just trying to describe the current situation.

But I think it would be great to keep this board a politically free zone, just about Fulham and football, and that's not possible, try to keep all the other stuff in one place away from it.

filham

The decision has to be with the mods and they will realise a "yes" will mean extra work for them.
If they think that this puts our present football site at any risk then please decide against the proposal, we will understand and accept this decision.

The Friends of Fulham site, with its excellent Mods, is to be treasured, life would not be the same without it.