more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Are we on the cusp

Started by H4usuallysitting, March 13, 2023, 07:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

Cumbrian White

while banks have the power and influence they do, we always will be, being a little responsible for the last crash (from a         
mortgage point of view) I've seen first hand the greed and irresponsibility. It is actually criminal but nothing will ever get done. Bail out after bail out. Glad I'm out of it now.

SP

Bit disappointed the Sillicon Valley Bank has already been snapped up by the HSBC, I would've been interested at the £1 sale price.

Slaphead in Qatar

I work in an investment bank. And I would say no we are not at risk. The 2 banks in US which have gone down are small players

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on March 13, 2023, 07:48:01 PM
I work in an investment bank. And I would say no we are not at risk. The 2 banks in US which have gone down are small players
Aren't three bank's in the frame....SVB, Signature, First Republic....has it got anything to do with the lack of cheap money, and companies changing their stance from growth to profit

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: SP on March 13, 2023, 07:47:17 PM
Bit disappointed the Sillicon Valley Bank has already been snapped up by the HSBC, I would've been interested at the £1 sale price.

Hasn't the UK taxpayer underwritten the purchase

Steven Ageroad

I thought you were about to talk about the financial situation at Fulham, disappointed.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on March 13, 2023, 08:29:32 PM
I thought you were about to talk about the financial situation at Fulham, disappointed.

NFR

Lighthouse

Well most people know that the system we live by. Both financial and political isn't doing the majority any favours and only a tiny minority run the system. One day people may wake up to the manipulation and wonder why we live like we do with our glorious masters controlling our lives from birth to death.

But until then. I lose myself in watching sport and listening and watching Band Maid. The rest can go and ponder the inevitable and spend time on diversions while ignoring the way off the controlled route.

I left by the first exit.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

gang

Of course we are we live in UK.

sunburywhite

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 13, 2023, 11:57:05 PM
Well most people know that the system we live by. Both financial and political isn't doing the majority any favours and only a tiny minority run the system. One day people may wake up to the manipulation and wonder why we live like we do with our glorious masters controlling our lives from birth to death.

But until then. I lose myself in watching sport and listening and watching Band Maid. The rest can go and ponder the inevitable and spend time on diversions while ignoring the way off the controlled route.

I was saying exactly the same thing to my mate Winston Smith
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

SG

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on March 13, 2023, 08:14:55 PM

I understand that this has not cost us taxpayers a penny nor involved us in any risks. The risk is HSBCs if any of the loan book goes bad

Hugh Gentry

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on March 13, 2023, 08:14:55 PM

No HSBC has bought the assets for £1, they were hit by interest rate rises in the US and the investment vehicles they were using were particularly vulnerable to that dynamic.

H4usuallysitting

Sounding like the Fed has put in an insurance backstop for the American side of SVB... I'm still wondering if we've underwritten the UK side of SVB - I can't find anywhere Mr Hunt explicitly saying we haven't

Free Elvis Hammond

Not looking good for Credit Suisse this morning

Somerset Fulham

And that really could be a problem.

Texas White

Market in turmoil again. Any traders on here?

filham

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on March 13, 2023, 07:48:01 PM
Amazing then that a couple of small American banks getting into trouble can result in our stock market going into free fall for three days  whereas our young doctors on strike goes almost unnoticed.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Free Elvis Hammond on March 15, 2023, 11:01:33 AM
Not looking good for Credit Suisse this morning

Deutsche Bank could be a bit rocky

Lighthouse

Quote from: sunburywhite on March 14, 2023, 02:11:48 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on March 13, 2023, 11:57:05 PM

I was saying exactly the same thing to my mate Winston Smith

Do it to Julia not me. I don't care what you do to her...........
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope