Bruno gets nothing for pushing a linesman but mitrovic gets a straight red

Started by Allestree andy, March 19, 2023, 06:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

Quote from: SerbianLad on March 20, 2023, 09:16:39 AM
Quote from: Ludlow Richard on March 20, 2023, 09:10:47 AM
Quote from: SerbianLad on March 20, 2023, 08:58:42 AM
Quote from: Matt10 on March 20, 2023, 03:48:03 AM
Geez, this is what everyone was talking about to compare? Yeah, that's nothing near the same as what Mitro did. The linesman is going in the direction Bruno nudged him. Not near a push even.
Have you even seen the actual push from Mitro? It wasn't as bad as some are making it out to be. Both should be reds by the letter of the law yet only one was given.

Perhaps it wasn't but it's irrelevant. He gets the red card for the push and then the real problem for Mitro: he gets his head right close to the ref's head. so much so that the ref has to move his head backwards. Do that to another player and you might get away with it, Do it to a ref and you are in deep trouble.

Put another way he might have got away with a 3 game ban for handling the ref. His actions after the red card was awarded will mean he gets banned for a further few games on top.
Lots of players get very angry at the referees after they get reds and react in a similar way to Mitro. I've never seen anyone get additional suspension for it though. What Mitro did was idiotic, but kt would be extremely unfair if it was more than a 3-4 game ban, especially if it's something like the 10-14 game figure some people are talking about on social media.

He will get a lengthy ban and deservedly so. With all due respect to you, you're very blinkered on this topic wrapped with national pride no doubt. Nothing wrong with that, but your takes on this border on allowing ref's to be abused and whether you think this word is overstated or not, assault. For reference 'any intentional and unwanted physical force used against a victim' by law standards.

What Mitro did was unacceptable, unprofessional and completely unwarranted.

Lordedmundo

No excuses for Mitro's behaviour - I suspect he was still angry about the 100% clear cut penalty that we didn't get in the first half for the blatant push on him by Shaw, as he was heading the ball towards goal. The officials (including VAR) lose all credibility at that point.

SerbianLad

Quote from: FFC1987 on March 20, 2023, 09:20:47 AM
Geez, this is what everyone was talking about to compare? Yeah, that's nothing near the same as what Mitro did. The linesman is going in the direction Bruno nudged him. Not near a push even.
Have you even seen the actual push from Mitro? It wasn't as bad as some are making it out to be. Both should be reds by the letter of the law yet only one was given.

Perhaps it wasn't but it's irrelevant. He gets the red card for the push and then the real problem for Mitro: he gets his head right close to the ref's head. so much so that the ref has to move his head backwards. Do that to another player and you might get away with it, Do it to a ref and you are in deep trouble.

Put another way he might have got away with a 3 game ban for handling the ref. His actions after the red card was awarded will mean he gets banned for a further few games on top.
Lots of players get very angry at the referees after they get reds and react in a similar way to Mitro. I've never seen anyone get additional suspension for it though. What Mitro did was idiotic, but kt would be extremely unfair if it was more than a 3-4 game ban, especially if it's something like the 10-14 game figure some people are talking about on social media.

He will get a lengthy ban and deservedly so. With all due respect to you, you're very blinkered on this topic wrapped with national pride no doubt. Nothing wrong with that, but your takes on this border on allowing ref's to be abused and whether you think this word is overstated or not, assault. For reference 'any intentional and unwanted physical force used against a victim' by law standards.

I said multiple times that I'm angry at Mitro for doing that, that he deservedly got a red and that there is absolutely no excuse for what him, or Marco for that matter did.

That doesn't change the fact that it would be unfair if he got a very long ban, considering he would be the only player in recent years to get it.

FFC1987

Quote from: SerbianLad on March 20, 2023, 09:30:11 AM

I said multiple times that I'm angry at Mitro for doing that, that he deservedly got a red and that there is absolutely no excuse for what him, or Marco for that matter did.

That doesn't change the fact that it would be unfair if he got a very long ban, considering he would be the only player in recent years to get it.

I'd need to do a deep dive but plenty of players have had much longer bans for push's on the ref. (more severity again). But the same fact remains, you should never put your hands on the ref or near him in an aggressive way. Full Stop. Hence why it wouldn't be unfair when Mitro get's his lengthy ban. You simply can not do what he did on the pitch and only get a red for it. It condones aggressive behaviour with only a small repercussion which, when replicated to say, grass roots, generally speaking, has much more serious ramifications to the safety of officials. Bruno should of had the book thrown at him. He put his hands on an official aggressively even if the contact itself was slight. Its irrelevant.

SerbianLad

Quote from: FFC1987 on March 20, 2023, 09:36:11 AM

I'd need to do a deep dive but plenty of players have had much longer bans for push's on the ref. (more severity again). But the same fact remains, you should never put your hands on the ref or near him in an aggressive way. Full Stop. Hence why it wouldn't be unfair when Mitro get's his lengthy ban. You simply can not do what he did on the pitch and only get a red for it. It condones aggressive behaviour with only a small repercussion which, when replicated to say, grass roots, generally speaking, has much more serious ramifications to the safety of officials. Bruno should of had the book thrown at him. He put his hands on an official aggressively even if the contact itself was slight. Its irrelevant.
When was the last time someone got a 10 match ban for example? If you find it compare it to the Mitro incident and the difference would be stark.

I said already, in many posts including the very post you quoted that what Mitro did was completely wrong, no one can deny that.

Why would we always get the decision that is techinally right, but that rule doesn't seem to apply for anyone else?

Palhinha's yellow for celebrating with the fans is another good example of that. Technically speaking, by the letter of the law that is a yellow. So that decision is fair. However, no one before or after got a yellow for that. Mitro should probably get something like a 10 match ban for that. But no one before got it for similar things and I guarantee that no one wilk get one soon either. Why should we accept a lets say 10 match ban, when Fernandes didn't get a single game ban. 3-4 game ban and you would think it's maybe a bit unfair, but any longer than that is ridiculous.

FFC1987

Quote from: SerbianLad on March 20, 2023, 09:51:16 AM

When was the last time someone got a 10 match ban for example? If you find it compare it to the Mitro incident and the difference would be stark.

I said already, in many posts including the very post you quoted that what Mitro did was completely wrong, no one can deny that.

Why would we always get the decision that is techinally right, but that rule doesn't seem to apply for anyone else?

Palhinha's yellow for celebrating with the fans is another good example of that. Technically speaking, by the letter of the law that is a yellow. So that decision is fair. However, no one before or after got a yellow for that. Mitro should probably get something like a 10 match ban for that. But no one before got it for similar things and I guarantee that no one wilk get one soon either. Why should we accept a lets say 10 match ban, when Fernandes didn't get a single game ban. 3-4 game ban and you would think it's maybe a bit unfair, but any longer than that is ridiculous.

Ah, I'm not saying it'll be 10 games+, maybe my wording is sloppy, but I said lengthy, as in, more than simply what he'd serve as a normal suspension for the card. I'd not be surprised if it was around 10 though to be honest. Whether that's fair or not, I'm conflicted. For more aggressive acts, people have had life bans and up to 9 months out. But I don't think thats the point really. Don't put your hands on the ref.

SerbianLad

Quote from: FFC1987 on March 20, 2023, 10:01:51 AM
Ah, I'm not saying it'll be 10 games+, maybe my wording is sloppy, but I said lengthy, as in, more than simply what he'd serve as a normal suspension for the card. I'd not be surprised if it was around 10 though to be honest. Whether that's fair or not, I'm conflicted. For more aggressive acts, people have had life bans and up to 9 months out. But I don't think thats the point really. Don't put your hands on the ref.
I agree with that last point 100% I'm just still saying we should be mad if he gets a long ban, for the reasons I've mentioned.

Rufus Brevetts Tracksuit

I'm still f'kn seething this morning. 

You see referees get nudged, jostled, and handled regularly at matches these days and yes, that shouldn't happen but nothing gets done......yesterday, surprise surprise, Chris W@nkervanagh whips out the red card faster than a prostitute gets her tits out for a £500 gig.

And how the f**k does a referee from a suburb of Greater Manchester get handed a match of that significance at that venue anyway ?  Had it been at CC would a ref from Putney or Wandsworth been appointed ? I think we know the answer.

There are only two grounds in this country where that chain of events could possibly happen in that fashion, namely the two red cesspits in the North West.  The Salford Sc*m were nowhere getting back into that match yesterday, absolutely nowhere f'kn near it. A fair & square defeat is one thing, but we got "done" good and proper yesterday, make no mistake about it. The F.A. want a lucrative all-Manc final this year......and hopefully City will batter them when it happens.

Black and White Town

Matt10

Quote from: toshes mate on March 20, 2023, 07:49:57 AM
Mmm, a TV screen isn't in 3D Matt10.  The referee is running the line - the player in red is pushing his way back onto the pitch at ninety degrees.  Just as in the Willian incident TV replays to do not tell the truth and never will do in 2D.    You may also wish to watch all the times the same United player involved in every single game has loud reactions to officials regularly but isn't a Serbian called Mitro.   I am all for player discipline but the key word in all things football is consistency of application of the rules and it is almost non-existent to the extent that similar misdemeanours are treated very differently in real time.  United get away with murder as do others in the chosen fold.  Does the FA do discipline properly when it comes top disrepute - let's ask Toney's lawyer or the VAR assessment panel shall we. 

Football is corrupt just as much sport is corrupt and it is the money greed that does the damage - as always.  Humans with integrity are very few and far between these days because honesty and integrity count for nowt in this caffeine moderated [sic] age especially at the top of stuff.

I'm just going off of what I see. Thanks for the lesson in 2D vs 3D though. Typical in trying to educate with that hint of condescending nature, Toshes.

It's pretty obvious the linesman is already walking in the direction that Bruno nudges him. It's equivalent to passing by someone in a crowded area. I honestly can't believe people have a problem with that by calling it a shove.

Mitro's was aggressive, he was moving toward the referee, who was moving away from him. He gets up in his face, and shoves him, which makes the referee stop abruptly. Puts a finger in his face and the rest is history. It was pathetic and disrespectful.

As far as the corruption of football and every ref's love for United, that's a whole other thing. I've got no thoughts or even remotely care about it relative to Mitro shoving the referee. I'm sure Mitro wasn't thinking "Hey, Bruno got away with violently shoving that linesman v Liverpool, I'm going to follow this ref, yell at him a bit, shove his arm violently and throw my finger in his face."

Twig

A five game ban I can accept. Mitro was a total numpty and needs to learn to channel his emotions into his football. Silva was also stupid and needs to control himself to set a better example.  However I feel that much more than five games would be unreasonably inconsistent and I'd be furious if he gets anything like a ten match ban.

toshes mate

Quote from: Matt10 on March 20, 2023, 01:25:16 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on March 20, 2023, 07:49:57 AM
Mmm, a TV screen isn't in 3D Matt10.  The referee is running the line - the player in red is pushing his way back onto the pitch at ninety degrees.  Just as in the Willian incident TV replays to do not tell the truth and never will do in 2D.    You may also wish to watch all the times the same United player involved in every single game has loud reactions to officials regularly but isn't a Serbian called Mitro.   I am all for player discipline but the key word in all things football is consistency of application of the rules and it is almost non-existent to the extent that similar misdemeanours are treated very differently in real time.  United get away with murder as do others in the chosen fold.  Does the FA do discipline properly when it comes top disrepute - let's ask Toney's lawyer or the VAR assessment panel shall we. 

Football is corrupt just as much sport is corrupt and it is the money greed that does the damage - as always.  Humans with integrity are very few and far between these days because honesty and integrity count for nowt in this caffeine moderated [sic] age especially at the top of stuff.

I'm just going off of what I see. Thanks for the lesson in 2D vs 3D though. Typical in trying to educate with that hint of condescending nature, Toshes.

It's pretty obvious the linesman is already walking in the direction that Bruno nudges him. It's equivalent to passing by someone in a crowded area. I honestly can't believe people have a problem with that by calling it a shove.

Mitro's was aggressive, he was moving toward the referee, who was moving away from him. He gets up in his face, and shoves him, which makes the referee stop abruptly. Puts a finger in his face and the rest is history. It was pathetic and disrespectful.

As far as the corruption of football and every ref's love for United, that's a whole other thing. I've got no thoughts or even remotely care about it relative to Mitro shoving the referee. I'm sure Mitro wasn't thinking "Hey, Bruno got away with violently shoving that linesman v Liverpool, I'm going to follow this ref, yell at him a bit, shove his arm violently and throw my finger in his face."
If you understand that a lens foreshortens depth of field and amplifies width of field when you watch someone prod away from the camera you will know they can be standing with sufficient distance not to even touch the other person or so close the strike is 'violent' to use your unhelpful and childish description of Mitro's prod as is the way these days in descriptive English.  The prod wasn't violent (IMO nothing like it) but it was certainly 'a don't ignore me prod'.   Exaggerating things is really unhelpful just as playing them down is.  An offence is committed or not as may be and players are not allowed to touch/prod officials period - there is nothing about degrees in the rules.  My gripe is as ever consistency and if we had a group of proper professional referees then we would get some - but we don't.  We have box ticked referees who mostly have little integrity at all because the game doesn't encourage integrity at grass roots and promotes referees on the wrong basis because it cannot recruit in sufficient quantity.   

Gloucester White

Quote from: FFC1987 on March 20, 2023, 10:01:51 AM
Quote from: SerbianLad on March 20, 2023, 09:51:16 AM

Well, I'm sure everyone will be comforted by the fact that you are conflicted as to whether a 10 match ban is fair. On the subject of fairness, that is surely what Mitro and Silva were so frustrated about: why did the FA appoint that ref to officiate the match when he was born and bred in Manchester? So maybe he is not a Man U fan, but I wonder how many of his childhood pals are? In 'fairness', he should not have got the job when he had to apologise for Fulham FC losing 3 points because of his incompetence/bias in the West Ham match? And why did he not at least refer the obvious penalty in the second minute to VAR? Furthermore, a red card is appropriate only if the handball was deliberate - you seem to be the only one who is certain of that, I eny your better than 20/20 eyesight.

Nobody is saying Mitro's actions were right, but the ref's UNfairness is provocation and should be taken into account when deciding on Mitro's ban.