News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I'm proud of Marco, I'm proud of Mitro, I'm proud of Fulham!!!!!

Started by Nick Bateman, March 19, 2023, 07:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on March 19, 2023, 11:06:03 PM
Quote from: SerbianLad on March 19, 2023, 11:00:12 PM

Kavanagh somehow didn't see this push despite looking straight at it? VAR saw nothing wrong there either...

The f****r is looking straight at it which makes this even worse

when it happened I was like why are they not checking that, I had a bad feeling from then on

Donnie Lonegan

In my opinion, and as much as I love Mitrovic, he has been pushing his luck with refs all season long, and he got what he deserved.
He needs to learn to control his temper because he more than anybody else let Fulham down.

General

Quote from: Brawn on March 19, 2023, 11:11:12 PM
Judging by this video he could just be terrible rather than biased. Invalid Tweet ID?s=20

Perhaps he is just an impulsive ref and not that intelligent. This video, plus the still someone posted of him staring at what does look like an aggressive push on mitro, plus the fact he's from Manchester does all add up to him being the wrong choice for an FA Cup semi final match, especially when it includes a Manchester club.

If I were fulham I'd ask for him to be reviewed properly by the ref's association. He single handedly lost control of an important match, and whilst we weren't innocent or not guilt free he could've and should've been better throughout the match.

A better ref and we may not be here having this conversation. Shocking.

blingo

alfie

Quote from: General on March 20, 2023, 07:01:58 AM
Quote from: Brawn on March 19, 2023, 11:11:12 PM
Judging by this video he could just be terrible rather than biased. Invalid Tweet ID?s=20

Perhaps he is just an impulsive ref and not that intelligent. This video, plus the still someone posted of him staring at what does look like an aggressive push on mitro, plus the fact he's from Manchester does all add up to him being the wrong choice for an FA Cup semi final match, especially when it includes a Manchester club.

If I were fulham I'd ask for him to be reviewed properly by the ref's association. He single handedly lost control of an important match, and whilst we weren't innocent or not guilt free he could've and should've been better throughout the match.

A better ref and we may not be here having this conversation. Shocking.
Even giving the benefit of doubt that he didn't see it, VAR most definitely would have but didn't review it. The question must be asked WHY NOT.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

toshes mate

As good a summary of what is wrong with football as I have read.  Your PLs, FAs, Kavanaghs, Taylors and VAR's are the problem not your Willians, Silvas or Mitrovics.

bobbo

Quote from: Donnie Lonegan on March 20, 2023, 02:41:50 AM
In my opinion, and as much as I love Mitrovic, he has been pushing his luck with refs all season long, and he got what he deserved.
He needs to learn to control his temper because he more than anybody else let Fulham down.
so right .
I'm hoping this will finally make someone sit up and see what's happening in the game referees are now worse than they've ever been . However I absolute don't condone mitro and silva s bad tempered outbursts .
These referees are making diabolical decisions every week and seem to be unanswerable to anybody , hence it continues and was definately the root problem yesterday
1975 just leaving home full of hope

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Plodder on March 19, 2023, 11:02:32 PM
I just wish to state that I disagree almost entirely with this post.  Silva and Mitrovic deserved red cards for what they did.  I can't see a single mitigating factor.  I didn't know Kavanagh was the referee for the West Ham United game, In that match, he made a terrible decision to give West Ham their penalty. In this match, he was completely justified in giving Silva and Mitrovic red cards, and for the good of football generally, I am glad he did it.  If I attempt to find one point of agreement with Nick Bateman, it is that I hope the same standards are applied from now on in every Premier League match in terms of players and managers confronting referees and officials.
You make good points about the "good of football" and in the cold light of day I can almost agree but....... the problem is the same standards are not applied and this shouldn't be an issue for professional referee's.
The inconsistency of performance from officials is a bigger issue and part of the problem.

alfie

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on March 20, 2023, 09:20:34 AM
Quote from: Plodder on March 19, 2023, 11:02:32 PM
I just wish to state that I disagree almost entirely with this post.  Silva and Mitrovic deserved red cards for what they did.  I can't see a single mitigating factor.  I didn't know Kavanagh was the referee for the West Ham United game, In that match, he made a terrible decision to give West Ham their penalty. In this match, he was completely justified in giving Silva and Mitrovic red cards, and for the good of football generally, I am glad he did it.  If I attempt to find one point of agreement with Nick Bateman, it is that I hope the same standards are applied from now on in every Premier League match in terms of players and managers confronting referees and officials.
You make good points about the "good of football" and in the cold light of day I can almost agree but....... the problem is the same standards are not applied and this shouldn't be an issue for professional referee's.
The inconsistency of performance from officials is a bigger issue and part of the problem.
A lot of it is all to do with angles, from his position it probably looked like Willian chests it out as he gave a corner, the view from behind gives a completely different view.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Ruislip White

Lots of inconsistency throughout the season.  We've befitted from a few decisions and suffered a few times.  I don't think there is any great conspiracy theory here, although refs will come under more pressure in larger stadiums in front if big home crowds.
Watching the explanations on ref watch today, I can understand all the refs decisions in the cold light of day.
I was in the office today where virtually all of neutrals I know like fulham as a second club (and generally dislike Man U).  Everyone I spoke to thought the ref was right and we got what we deserved. 
Proud of the team overall, but can't defend Mitro or Marco.  If another player and manager on another team did the same, we wouldn't defend it.

SerbianLad

Quote from: Ruislip White on March 20, 2023, 03:45:38 PM
Lots of inconsistency throughout the season.  We've befitted from a few decisions and suffered a few times.  I don't think there is any great conspiracy theory here, although refs will come under more pressure in larger stadiums in front if big home crowds.
Watching the explanations on ref watch today, I can understand all the refs decisions in the cold light of day.
I was in the office today where virtually all of neutrals I know like fulham as a second club (and generally dislike Man U).  Everyone I spoke to thought the ref was right and we got what we deserved. 
Proud of the team overall, but can't defend Mitro or Marco.  If another player and manager on another team did the same, we wouldn't defend it.
You're missing the point in regards to others frustration towards the ref. Almost no one argues the red card decisions. People are unhappy to say the least with referees overall performance. If you put those three red cards aside, ref was extremely poor and comoletely biased. Another thing that bothers some people is the talk of  bans that would be longer than what is merited for Mitro and to a lesser extent Marco.

Ruislip White

I get all of that and agree with a lot of it.
Am I 'proud of Marco and proud of Mitro' as the OP's title suggests... not for yesterday's antics.

alfie

Quote from: SerbianLad on March 20, 2023, 03:55:24 PM
You're missing the point in regards to others frustration towards the ref. Almost no one argues the red card decisions. People are unhappy to say the least with referees overall performance. If you put those three red cards aside, ref was extremely poor and comoletely biased. Another thing that bothers some people is the talk of  bans that would be longer than what is merited for Mitro and to a lesser extent Marco.
I know you are very supportive of Mitro but, it's what he did after the red card, very aggressive and confrontational, that's going to be the problem.

Story of my life
Sadly she wasn't

SerbianLad

Quote from: alfie on March 20, 2023, 03:59:24 PM
Quote from: SerbianLad on March 20, 2023, 03:55:24 PM
I know you are very supportive of Mitro but, it's what he did after the red card, very aggressive and confrontational, that's going to be the problem.
Not worthy of a ten game ben regardless. Also players almost always react after getting a red, not always as strongly as Mitro did, but I've never seen that having any suspension added.

I'm supportive of Mitro in general, I too criticised him for this many times in the past day. 10 match ban would be unfair.

keith

FFCBadger

This has blown up quite rightly and I find it unsurprising how the narrative has been changed.
The Mitro and Silva sending offs weren't for the Willian card and i couldn't give a damn about what Fernandes may or may not have done in other games.

The reds were because the ref and VAR did not do their job properly.

What is the punishment for clear and obvious errors by referees?

WindyCity

I've never been one to blame referee decisions on losses.  Poor excuse making and rationalization, again, in my view.  The Willian red was unfortunate, but likely deserved under the rules of football.  The rest of it was deserved.

Yes, I'm very proud of Fulham and their first half results and performances.  The second half has been a bit dodgy at best.  But their first half results should keep them in the league.

Just when Mitrovic is showing he's getting back to form and how he was playing earlier in the season, he puts on the dunce hat.  I'm sorry, but his behavior was Stupid, Dumb, Disrespectful to his Teammates, and very very Selfish.  He should know how important he is to the teams' success.  His excessive-abusive chinwagging at refs over the past number of seasons has cost him many yellows (he may lead the various leagues in that department, stats?) and eventual bannings.  Which hurt the club.  Not sure where MS is on this, does he even talk with Mitrovic about keeping it buttoned up?  These are "preventable" yellows.

Anyway, the next run of games has points in them, but how will FFC perform?  Would still like to see FFC end as high as they can in the table, but it might now be much more difficult.  Next four or five games will be very telling.  Let's hope the lads can bounce back from this Cup setback and finish season strong.