watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Any Chance We might be dragged into a relegation battle

Started by Rodshig, March 20, 2023, 01:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SG

Not a chance. With goal difference the bottom teams have to pick up 16 or 17 points. They only have 10 games to play and so would need to win 6 of them - they haven't won 6 all season. They all have to play each other so it is probably mathematically impossible bar some statistical quirk for all bar two to exceed 40 points. And all this assumes we lose 11 on the bounce.
I have a feeling the sense of injustice felt will galvanise the team to perform at their best

Slaphead in Qatar

No to the OP - but just as bad I don't want our season just to Peter out now. Chin up and fight for every point as we have been doing - we have won plenty of games without Mitro and we can carry on doing that.

Jules

No chance. 39 points is more than enough anyway to stay up and we have 11 games left to add a few more points. We will finish 9th-11th area

WindyCity

We have a handful of upcoming games in which we should get some favorable results even without Mitrovic playing or Willian (out one game?)  Great first half of season should keep us safe for the season.....

filham

Oh yes there is every chance of us going on a bad run, a very bad run, especially without Mitro.
However even that should not result in relegation, too many teams below us.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Rodshig on March 20, 2023, 01:04:00 PM
Understand that we sit comfortably now on 39 pts.

Do you guys think, after yesterday's debacle any chance of us going on a really bad run?

The bottom of the table seems very tight.. with different teams picking up pts each week..

We may eventually still be safe, but we won't secure safety status till very very late into the season??

Thoughts pls..

There is more chance of you being bitten by a dinosaur than Fulham being relegated.
Forget the DOOM and GLOOM Mongers Fulham are safe and if they have not already done so, they can start planning their playing squad and their new targets for next season 2023/24.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SuffolkWhite

No, fortunately we can't get docked points for the FA Cup mishap.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

TheCeiling

No, but I would really like it if the team can play like it's a possibility from now until the end of the season, in terms of intensity and high motivation to grab every point possible. I want us to finish this amazing season in a great momentum.

Stueyd

We are safe now. We could get no more points until the end of the season and stay up. We have played without Mitrovic before and won. We are more than just one player and it may motivate the team even more if anything,

Woolly Mammoth

What i would like to see which would be extremely beneficial for Fulham, is for the team to finish the season on a good note by going on an unbeaten run with a siege mentality. If not at least get a few more wins under our belt and target 50 points.
Finishing the season on a good note will help launch us towards the new season with confidence and moral high and a passionate dressing room with plenty of spirit.

Never forget your Roots.

Andy S

The only way we could be relegated is if the FA deducted us points. But I doubt if that is going to happen

TheCeiling

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 20, 2023, 11:48:29 PM
What i would like to see which would be extremely beneficial for Fulham, is for the team to finish the season on a good note by going on an unbeaten run with a siege mentality. If not at least get a few more wins under our belt and target 50 points.
Finishing the season on a good note will help launch us towards the new season with confidence and moral high and a passionate dressing room with plenty of spirit.
+1

There are still so many goals we can achieve this season. In terms of points, in terms of even competing for European spot, in terms of finishing the season in a good note, in terms of strengthening the Fulham brand. Any player in our squad who isn't excited for the upcoming games should check himself whether he's in the proper profession for himself. There are plenty to play for in each game!

DadCreature

There's no statistical chance.  Our season is done really- just playing to try to finish above Chelsea.

The Rational Fan

My calculations are that we could finish anywhere from 6th to 17th, the higher position gives us an extra £22m for next season which we need. In addition, if we can spend an extra £22m next season, then we will probably finish at least two places higher for the next couple of seasons giving us another £8m. If we finish 17th this season, then relegation in 23/24 is a high possibility because we will have a smaller squad than if we had an extra £22m. And, note a small and old squad is always a relegation risk.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 21, 2023, 04:21:36 AM

My calculations are that we could finish anywhere from 6th to 17th, the higher position gives us an extra £22m for next season which we need. In addition, if we can spend an extra £22m next season, then we will probably finish at least two places higher for the next couple of seasons giving us another £8m. If we finish 17th this season, then relegation in 23/24 is a high possibility because we will have a smaller squad than if we had an extra £22m. And, note a small and old squad is always a relegation risk.

Then the motivation should be there to finish as high as possible due to the financial additions that can be applied as well as the prestige.
Then wherever we finish next season we start again with a clean sheet and hopefully have more quality players in our squad with depth.
We have to keep our key players as they are the backbone and then build round them with more players players as they are the meat to put on the bones who are characters and leaders as they are the basic ingredients  to firstly survive and then to keep out of the bottom half of the table, as players whoever they are want to win silverware.

Never forget your Roots.

blingo

Can we get another 3 points before the end of the season? Jeezus

Marcus

We were realistically safe after game 18, the Southampton win... no chance we were getting relegated before the year was out, Leicester and C****** was then the icing on the cake, underlines what an oustanding season we have had...