watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Any Chance We might be dragged into a relegation battle

Started by Rodshig, March 20, 2023, 01:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodshig

Understand that we sit comfortably now on 39 pts.

Do you guys think, after yesterday's debacle any chance of us going on a really bad run?

The bottom of the table seems very tight.. with different teams picking up pts each week..

We may eventually still be safe, but we won't secure safety status till very very late into the season??

Thoughts pls..

Sting of the North

It seems extremely unlikely that at least 7 of the 9 teams that so far have averaged less than a point per game would collectively pick up the pace. If so, we would still need to lose all our remaining games.

In short, no there is no risk whatsoever, other than theoretical.

Londonfranky

S.F.Sorrow

No.

We will most likely finish the season considerably lower than we had hoped for a couple of weeks ago though, possibly even bottom half. It's still a MUCH better season than I had expected so I won't complain.

The Rational Fan

Yes, we could be dragged into the 2023/24 relegation battle because our bench is weak, but as for 2022/23 we are safe.

Sgt Fulham

We've already won the relegation fight. Even if we were to get 0 points we would almost certainly be safe, until we got investigated for collusion with Ivan Tony for match fixing 11 losses in a row.

Lighthouse

For some time I have (half in jest) being saying the same thing. There are so many teams below us that while anything in this strange World we now live in can happen. I am confident that somehow we will struggle to safety. Even without Mitro and The Coach and half the team who will clearly be sent to the Chelscum Salt mines for punishment.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Black and White Town

It won't be a struggle. We'll comfortably stay up, and probably top half.

wback

I'd remind everyone we have at least two wins with Vinicius leading the line, and Solomon is a more than adequate replacement for Willian. The rest of the team is untouched.

Plus apart from games against Liverpool, Man U and City, every game is "winnable" (not saying we'll do anything like that, but I'd be surprised if we don't get a point a game from the next four).

Luka

So we might not score again for a while with Mitro out of contention but there is lots of opportunity for 0:0 draws.
We are gonna be fine.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Luka on March 20, 2023, 02:42:06 PM
So we might not score again for a while with Mitro out of contention but there is lots of opportunity for 0:0 draws.
We are gonna be fine.

Well we haven't exactly struggled to score without his input considering he's scored 1 goal since the Leicester game

Marcel_Gecov

I am excited to see Solomon vs Bournemouth to be honest and the next 4 games are very winnable. I think losing Palhinha would have been far worse. I think this team could surprise us. Lets not catastrophise. 

SerbianLad

Short answer would be no chance in my opinion. And I think there are various reasons for this.