watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So what will the FA do.....

Started by Ludlow Richard, March 21, 2023, 09:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludlow Richard

.....when there is a controversial incident on Thursday in England's game v Italy. An Italian handball in the area is waved away by the Estonian referee who is then surrounded by England players, led by that arch-moaner Maguire? Will the FA condemn the actions of their players? Not a chance? Would UEFA throw the book at England? Hopefully.

As an aside, there are two ways to approach Mitro's hearing. One is to hold your hands up, humbly apologise and take your medicine. The other is to go in with masses of footage of other incidents where (for example) PL teams have "failed to control their players" but with no action taken; or where players have handled the referee but with no action taken; or where Kavanagh/VAR has made errors etc etc. While I would like Fulham to take the second approach, I feel it might be better tactically to do the first.   

H4usuallysitting

filham

I think the club's best approach now is to lie low and take the punishment that  we are given.
However, I do hope the FA notice that the whole incident started with four or five Man.U. players surrounding the referee.

JimOG

Quote from: Ludlow Richard on March 21, 2023, 09:46:18 AM
.....when there is a controversial incident on Thursday in England's game v Italy. An Italian handball in the area is waved away by the Estonian referee who is then surrounded by England players, led by that arch-moaner Maguire? Will the FA condemn the actions of their players? Not a chance? Would UEFA throw the book at England? Hopefully.

As an aside, there are two ways to approach Mitro's hearing. One is to hold your hands up, humbly apologise and take your medicine. The other is to go in with masses of footage of other incidents where (for example) PL teams have "failed to control their players" but with no action taken; or where players have handled the referee but with no action taken; or where Kavanagh/VAR has made errors etc etc. While I would like Fulham to take the second approach, I feel it might be better tactically to do the first.

I think Fulham's lawyers should line up examples such as De Gea pushing referee + shouting at him, Fernandes (plus was it Villa or West Ham player that barged into the linesman). Basic negotiating to say it's not Di Canio territory and you cannot issue a punishment that's disproportionate given you as an organisation's precedents you've created

Jim©

I would love to know what the ref said to Mitro as they walked away from the VAR monitor. You watch it, he says something and Mitro goes mental.

Black and White Town

Quote from: Jim© on March 21, 2023, 11:00:38 AM
I would love to know what the ref said to Mitro as they walked away from the VAR monitor. You watch it, he says something and Mitro goes mental.

Mitro looked fairly calm at the start of the conversation. Not excusing Mitro's reaction, but obviously also a refereeing failure.

Invalid Tweet ID?t=rcakUhGYEF7kfXwTmNA_Og&s=19

Jim©

Yeah, it's a shame that clips not a bit longer as Mitro is pretty calm as he walks with him.
Wonder if ref is mic'd up and it's recorded? I'd guess not.
perhaps that will for part of the "defence".

andyk

I don't care what they do.  Ban him till the end of the season, it doesn't matter. He played so well in the first half of the season, that we are safe from a relegation battle, even if we lose every game.
Tell the FA to go pluck itself, throw their summons in the bin and send Mitro home, to recharge his batteries for next season.
Then, hopefully, go back to Old Trafford , at the end of the season and play them off the park..........again.

South Coast White

Even if the ref told Mitro to go forth, it would NEVER be proven.
It does look however, that whatever was said by him sparked the reaction.

South Coast White

Is it just me...but looking at that clip it appears that the ref was just about to pull a card out of his right pocket a split second before the red from the left, maybe was only goi g to be a yellow before mitro nudge him.