more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff - 23/03/23...

Started by WhiteJC, March 23, 2023, 12:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Worse than Haller: Diop was Moyes' biggest West Ham mistake

The French defender has impressed for European hopefuls Fulham this season.

West Ham United have made some big mistakes when it comes to transfers in the past but David Moyes' decision to sell Issa Diop in the summer transfer window might go down as one of his worst.

Should West Ham have sold Diop?
Following the summer signing of Nayef Aguerd, Moyes opted to sell the centre-back to Fulham in a deal worth just £15m, as his contract at the London Stadium was due to expire at the end of this season. On the face of it, that is good business, particularly for someone who didn't start each game.

However, Thilo Kehrer would arrive less than a week later as cover for the departed Frenchman but has so far struggled to match Diop's performances, averaging a shocking 6.40 rating from WhoScored for his performances in the Premier League with the Hammers.

Meanwhile, Diop has established himself as a mainstay in Marco Silva's side as they target a surprise European finish in the Premier League, with the Cottagers currently occupying ninth place in the top flight.

The 26-year-old's 6.67 average rating from WhoScored is hardly very impressive but it is better than all of Kehrer, Aguerd and Kurt Zouma have managed in the Premier League this season, which suggests that Moyes foolishly weakened his central defensive options at the London Stadium.

Although the former Toulouse man would lose his regular starting spot in the Premier League under Moyes in the last two seasons, he was still a reliable option when selected, as is evidenced by his impressive 6.98 average rating in the Europa League last term.

He would certainly impress in his first season in a Hammers shirt, starring in their 3-1 win against Manchester United in 2018, which earned the defender the praise of Jose Mourinho.

He said: "Their centre-backs had a fantastic match. Congratulations to the scout who found Diop, a monster who dictated everything."

While there is no doubt that Diop didn't live up to his potential at the London Stadium, making 121 appearances across his four years at the club, there is an argument that a better manager would have got the best out of the powerful centre-back, as we are now seeing under Silva at Fulham.

He now ranks first for interceptions, fourth for aerials won and sixth for tackles in Fulham's squad, which suggests he is more than playing his part in the Cottager's impressive season.

The sale arguably has shades of the aforementioned Haller, with Moyes having come in for criticism from various quarters for his treatment of the striker.

Indeed, the forward went on to flourish with Ajax after his West Ham exit, scoring 47 times in just 66 matches before earning a move to Borussia Dortmund, ultimately replacing the goal-laden Erling Haaland.

Now, Diop is showing that he is a more than capable defender, as Haller did, and as such, he could well have ended up having a big say in the Hammers' survival hopes. Unfortunately, as they travel to Craven Cottage next month, the Frenchman may well do so but for all the wrong reasons.

https://www.footballfancast.com/west-ham-david-moyes-sebastien-haller-issa-diop-fulham-hammers-irons/

WhiteJC

Leeds United winger Dan James 'disappointed' with Fulham loan as Man United talent verdict made

The 25-year-old hasn't enjoyed his time at Craven Cottage so far this season, having only started three times in all competitions.

Wales national team manager Rob Page has admitted that one of his key players and Leeds United winger Dan James is 'disappointed' at the lack of game time he's getting in his loan move at Fulham.

Since the start of his loan move back in September, the 25-year-old has only started three times in all competitions for the Cottagers after their surprisingly good form has seen him limited to substitute appearances. "DJ's fine but disappointed he's not playing, of course he is," Page told BBC Sport. "He's gone [to Fulham] to play games of football and he finds it frustrating that's he not getting the minutes he would like.

"It's not what we want, but over the last two years it's something we've been used to. He's disappointed not to be playing but he's ready for this camp and he's really looking forward to getting going. DJ has still got the same ability and talent when he went to Man United."

James originally could've had a move to Tottenham but chose Fulham in order to get more first team football, although that hasn't worked out for him.

"I think the Leeds move was because they had showed interest before so they were adamant they were going to get him that time," Page continued. "It was another big club and it's not quite worked out for him. My job now is to get him back up to the levels he's shown before because we know we've got a great asset in DJ with his pace."

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-dan-james-fulham-26520361

WhiteJC

Fulham man eyeing new Premier League move – Believes "nothing is impossible"

Fulham defender Terence Kongolo has insisted he still wants a shot at the Premier League, despite leaving Craven Cottage on loan this season.

The defender is currently plying his trade for AC Le Havre in France, having left Fulham in the summer in search of regular playing time and the chance to get his career back on track.

He's found that with the French side and that's seen him sit down for an interview with Algemeen Dagblad today to discuss the move and the injury troubles he's had in recent years.

Kongolo has only ever made four appearances for Fulham since joining them in January 2020, with a series of injuries meaning he never got his shot at Craven Cottage.

A fractured foot suffered on his debut in February of that year saw him spending 174 days on the treatment table and missing 18 games of the season before further injuries limited his game time.

He was ready to go for the following campaign after making his return only to then undergo knee surgery in April 2021, just a month after returning from other problems.

That saw him spend another 157 days out of action, with Fulham eventually electing to send him on loan to France to regain his fitness and hopefully get his career back on track this year.

It means despite two spells with Premier League sides in Fulham and Huddersfield, the defender has only managed 46 appearances in the division, and with his future needing to be sorted this summer as he enters the final year of his deal, he insists he still wants his shot at the big time.

"I'm happy here," he told the newspaper.

"We will see. I still have some years ahead of me and I still want to make it to the English top. But step by step. The first thing is just staying fit for a long time.

"But as long as I follow God's path, I know: nothing is impossible. Nothing is impossible anymore."

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-man-eyeing-new-premier-league-move-admits-hes-happy-current-club/

WhiteJC

Carsley & Cole's England Preview

Ahead of England Under-21s' friendly against Croatia at Craven Cottage next week, we spoke to head coach Lee Carsley and his assistant Ashley Cole to preview the game and discuss their memories of coming up against Fulham.

You both played here numerous times – what are your overriding memories of the Cottage?

AC: It was always a tough game for us, because it was a London derby. It was always a good atmosphere, tough games, very competitive. In terms of memories... [hesitates] we used to win a lot!

LC: Yeah, we didn't win a lot here! Always a really tough place to come. I really liked the history behind Fulham. Obviously you've got the new stand now, but you get a real sense of history when you come to Craven Cottage, what the ground used to be like. It was always a really tough place to come, I was pretty much the opposite to Ashley in that I didn't win a lot of games here.

Well, for Fulham's first six years in the Premier League, our fixtures against Everton always ended in a home win for each side...

LC: That's right. You always knew Fulham had outstanding players, some really exciting players. I think the fans always expected them to play with a certain style and certain flair. And I think being just down the road from Chelsea, similarly with Everton and Liverpool, you always feel like you're fighting against your neighbours.

Ashley, there's a match against Arsenal that is memorable to our fans for you giving away a penalty at 0-0, but then the referee changing his mind. It would be interesting to hear your side on that...

AC: I remember that. I'd played with Andy Cole for England, and I think the ball got played into him in the 18-yard box, I've touched the ball but the referee's given the penalty. Obviously there was no VAR at the time, but the linesman told him I got the ball. It was probably the first time me and the officials agreed on something!

We've got Luis Boa Morte back at the Club as our Assistant Head Coach – did your paths cross much when you were coming through at Arsenal?

AC: He was playing for Arsenal literally just before I broke through, but I played a couple of reserve games with him and I had the opportunity to train with him near enough every day. He's such an amazing character, one of the friendliest people I've ever met in football. I came here with Everton not too long ago [as Frank Lampard's number two in October] and had a chat with him before and after the game. He's always got a smile on his face, he's always encouraging for the young players – a very good guy, very nice person.

I seem to remember you having some tasty battles with him on the pitch, Lee?

LC: Yeah, for some reason we used to wind each other up! Like Ash said, he's a great guy.

AC: He was feisty, wasn't he?

LC: Yeah he was. A great guy, really good player, probably underrated. He had a really good career and it's brilliant to see him doing so well in his coaching career as well. You always want to see young coaches, like ourselves, getting on and progressing in the game, and it's good that Marco Silva's shown faith in him and given him that opportunity.

Looking ahead to Tuesday, Croatia should present a very good test ahead of the European Championship in the summer?

LC: They're one of the top nations in Europe, and it was really good getting this fixture. They're going to be a really competitive team to play against. We thought it was important we play against the best teams leading into the tournament, to give ourselves the best opportunity to prepare properly for it. We expect a really tough task against them.

What's the expectation this summer?

AC: Going into any tournament is always difficult, but it's down to us to prepare the players well. Hopefully the boys will be coming off good individual seasons, progressing and playing well for their clubs, and then getting the opportunity to represent their country in a major tournament. Of course, as coaches sitting here in front of you now, we're always going to be confident, but you understand this is a tournament featuring world class teams, so you've got to prepare for it, but hopefully enjoy it and fulfil our potential.

And it's a nice opportunity for Fulham fans to come down and sample some international football next week?

LC: Definitely, it's a real opportunity for Fulham fans to come and see the next generation of England players. There'll be players that they already know from the Premier League, and some that they're probably not too aware of, who I'm sure will surprise them with the quality they've got. One of the things that we've tried to do is play as many games around the country as we can, to give fans everywhere a lot of access to the players.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2023/march/22/carsley-and-cole-england-preview/

WhiteJC

Arsenal and Manchester United lead the way in shocking £1.3m fines for Premier League referee abuse

With refereeing abuse again in the spotlight after Fulham's triple sending off, the fines English sides are paying have been revealed.

Two weeks on from Bruno Fernandes going unpunished for putting his hand on a linesman, Aleksandar Mitrovic went even further in a meltdown against Manchester United.

Shoving Chris Kavanagh after Willian's red for a goalline handball, the Serbian received his marching orders before manager Marco Silva also saw red for losing his cool.

The lack of control is likely to cost Fulham dearly with charges already issued by the Football Association, but they're not even the worst offenders in England.

Numbers gathered by The Sun show that Premier League and English Football League clubs have paid almost £1.3million in fines for 'failing to control their players'.

Top flight teams account for £932,500 of the £1,279,375 figure, which will only increase once Fulham learn their fate.

A total of 55 from the 92 in the top four tiers have been fined this season, with 15 of those in the top flight.

Arsenal are the worst offenders with £185,000 worth of fines, followed by Manchester United on £137,000.

Everton (£115,000) complete the podium of shame, with Manchester City behind on £75,000.

Five Premier League sides have managed to avoid fines and they are Newcastle, Brentford, Leicester, Bournemouth and Southampton.

In response to the news, an FA Spokesperson said: "Referees and match officials play vital roles in our national sport.

"Any inappropriate behaviour towards them is completely unacceptable.

"Players, coaches, support staff and club officials have a responsibility to treat them with respect, and action will be taken against anyone involved in English football where there is evidence that they have failed to meet that standard."

Reacting to the report, talkSPORT host Ally McCoist said: "It really is a concern and it's really been brought to a head with what we saw at the weekend when Fulham had 90 seconds of absolute madness.

"It's really worth addressing it now, I think everybody from grassroots up has to have a look at themselves with the way officials are being respected.

"I don't think it's rocket science when you look at rugby, there's never been a sport where it's the complete opposite and really healthy and admirable respect for the officials.

"It's a stain and an embarrassment on football to be honest."

https://talksport.com/football/efl/1370260/

WhiteJC

Meet Billy the Badger this Easter

Join us for an extra special Craven Cottage tour featuring Billy the Badger!

Keep the family entertained during the school holidays with a behind-the-scenes tour of Craven Cottage.

These exclusive tours commence on Saturday 1st April at 11am and 3pm, from outside the Johnny Haynes Statue on Stevenage Road. Billy the Badger will be on hand to meet you as you're guided through all the key locations around the ground including the home and away dressing rooms, the historic Cottage itself and much more!

Each junior guest will have a fun-filled activity mat to complete throughout the tour and will even receive a gift from Billy himself.

With tickets for both tours now limited in availability, book today to avoid disappointment.

Tickets for these tours are priced at £25 for adults and £19 for juniors.

Fans can book their space online, by emailing [email protected] or by calling 0203 841 9057.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2023/march/22/meet-billy-the-badger-this-easter/

WhiteJC

Tottenham, Chelsea notice key Fulham man's progress as representatives delay contract talks while belief grows

Fulham are confident that they have nothing to worry about in terms of losing Marco Silva after contract talks stalled, TEAMtalk has been told.

Silva has done an impressive job at Fulham over the past couple of seasons. At the time of the March international break, his side are ninth in the Premier League table.

They have comfortably been the best performing side out of the three that won promotion to the Premier League for the current campaign. European qualification might even be within reach with one final push.

Inevitably, it has led to interest in some of their key figures. For example, summer signing Andreas Pereira is emerging as a potential target for Chelsea to replace Mason Mount.

Manager Silva is also on the radar of some other clubs, including Tottenham, who are preparing to part ways with Antonio Conte, so it seems. Meanwhile, Chelsea could consider him if they move on from Graham Potter, which seems less likely at this stage.

Recent reports indicated that Fulham would respond by stepping up contract talks with Silva. As things stand, the Portuguese tactician would be out of contract at the end of next season.

However, TEAMtalk has been told by insider Graeme Bailey that Silva's representatives are actually slowing down talks over his renewal.

That said, there is still a confidence at Craven Cottage that the former Hull City, Watford and Everton coach will commit.

Fulham still confident they can keep Marco Silva
Bailey told us: "Fulham are confident that Marco Silva will sign a contract extension despite talks stalling.

"Silva has just over 12 months on his current deal and the Cottagers are keen to reward their boss.

"After guiding Fulham out of the Championship at the first time of asking, they have now made a major impact on the Premier League's top ten.

"His performance with Fulham has not gone unnoticed and links with Tottenham and Chelsea have emerged. It is understood his people have delayed talks for now.

"Despite this I am told Fulham believe that Silva will put pen to paper sooner rather than later."

The 45-year-old is already in the seventh job of his managerial career. Prior to his four roles in English football, he led Estoril, Sporting CP and Olympiacos.

He has been with Fulham since July 2021, currently boasting a win rate of 51.8% after 83 matches in charge.

Silva has only spent longer at Estoril, who gave him his first taste of management after ending his playing career there.

Perhaps Fulham will become the second club with whom he oversees 100 matches or more in charge if all goes to plan.

https://www.teamtalk.com/fulham/tottenham-chelsea-notice-key-fulham-mans-progress-representatives-delay-contract-talks-belief-grows

WhiteJC

Fulham named by 2 sources as contenders for signing – Situation getting tense

As Alejandro Grimaldo's situation at Benfica remains unpredictable, Fulham continue to be linked as one of the potential destinations for the 27-year-old.

The reason newspapers Record and O Jogo feature stories about the left-back today is the interview he had with the Eagles' official channels on Tuesday.

When that story was announced on social media, many people thought that would confirm his contract extension with the club. But that didn't happen, with Grimaldo only talking about other subjects, and his deal continues to expire in a few months.

O Jogo talks about the 'taboo' that this subject has become, as despite Benfica's 'clear' intention to renew his contract, many clubs are interested. Fulham are named as one of the latest who joined the race for the signing, along with Nice and Nottingham Forest.

Other clubs such as Juventus, Inter Milan, Borussia Dortmund, Bayer Leverkusen, Real Sociedad and Valencia were already interested in the player.

According to Record, Grimaldo is keeping 'all options open' and will soon analyse what's best for him, being already attracted to moves to England and Spain. The outlet also names Fulham as one of the contenders for the signing.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-named-2-sources-contenders-signing-situation-getting-tense/

WhiteJC

Aleksandar Mitrovic's Manchester United madness enrages the masses and poses dilemma for Fulham
Aleksandar Mitrovic has been the subject of mass hysteria since the final whistle blew at Old Trafford on Sunday with pundits, ex-players and referees, the FA and everyone in between coming out in their droves to call for the proverbial book to be thrown at the Fulham forward.
Whether it's Andy Townsend and Chris Sutton baying for a 10 match ban, Ref Support CEO Martin Cassidy asking to see Mitrovic out for '181 days', or head of the Referees' Association Paul Field comparing the incident to Eric Cantona's karate kick 28 years ago, the court of public opinion is well and truly against the Serbian striker.

While the media ties itself in knots, it is important to remember that, as London Football Scene wrote in September, positively channelling Mitrovic's aggression on the pitch has been one of Marco Silva's biggest career achievements to date.

Honest physicality is not something Silva's Fulham shy away from; take Joao Palhinha for example, the Premier League's top tackler with 101, or Kenny Tete who is not far down that list either.

Marco Silva has created a beast at Craven Cottage, and it can't come as a huge surprise to those who watch the Cottagers week in/week out, that a beast is sometimes difficult to tame.

The incident at Old Trafford poses a dilemma for Fulham because Silva's style of uncompromising gamesmanship has brought them much success this season, and while Mitrovic's antics were clearly wrong, the enormous bans being talked about must surely be given some perspective.

Paolo Di Canio received an 11-match ban for shoving a referee to the floor in 1998 – what happened on Sunday was nowhere near that.

In comparison, Cristiano Ronaldo's push on a referee during his Real Madrid days back in 2017 was a little closer and earned him a five-match ban.

Then you have Bruno Fernandes, who somehow escaped any punishment for his initial kick at Trent Alexander-Arnold's legs during Manchester United's 7-0 drubbing against Liverpool, and his subsequent push of the linesman.

Suggesting Mitrovic deserves anything more than a ten-match ban when taking into account John Terry's comical four-match ban for racially abusing Anton Ferdinand in 2011, is both reactionary and shows a complete lack of consistency in how these decisions are made.

Cards have been dished out this season to players who approach the referees with too much gusto and rightly so – it is a petulant part of the game that needs to be addressed.

But, by making an example of Mitrovic while letting Fernandes off, highlights a serious lack of clarity and cohesion at the top of the refereeing pyramid in this country.

For Fulham fans calling for Mitrovic's head, it is important to ask exactly how great a punishment does Aleksandar Mitrovic deserve for being Aleksandar Mitrovic?

Yes, he should receive a ban. His actions on Sunday were stupid, impetuous, and more importantly completely pointless – Fulham looked much the better side for the first 70 minutes and even with the penalty and Willian's red, the game was not beyond them.

But when you release a bull from its pen and wave a red rag in its face, as Silva has done so well with Mitrovic for most of the last two years, it cannot come as a great surprise when emotion occasionally trumps reason.

It is also important to note this is the striker's first red card for Fulham and his first in seven years. He was retrospectively suspended for three games in July 2020 for elbowing then-Leeds United defender Ben White, but he has certainly become much more disciplined as his career has progressed.

What transpired in that remarkable passage of play at Old Trafford, beginning with Willian stopping a goal with his hand and ending with Mitrovic trudging down the tunnel, was an absurd snapshot of a worst-case scenario when you employ Silva's brand of ultra-competitive football.

His philosophy means tackles are flying in all over the pitch and match officials are lucky to get through 45 minutes without an earful or two from someone in a white shirt, and it is an approach which has driven Fulham to the precipice of one of their best campaigns in over a decade.

It's the dogged determination to contest every decision, a steadfast refusal to back down, and a fierce loyalty to teammates that has propelled this team to where they are at the moment, and Mitrovic has been at the heart of this dynamic for the best part of two years.

Despite his obvious dip in form since the World Cup, he was one of Fulham's best players in the first 70 minutes of the cup tie and his career at Craven Cottage should not be defined by those five minutes of madness.

https://londonfootballscene.co.uk/2023/03/22/aleksandar-mitrovics-manchester-united-madness-enrages-the-masses-and-poses-dilemma-for-fulham/

WhiteJC

Fulham 'most insistent' club trying to sign player on a free transfer – Already knows Craven Cottage well

During the 2020-21 season, Fulham welcomed Ola Aina on loan from Torino, where he spent the season at Craven Cottage.

He was, unfortunately, unable to keep them up in the Premier League, and eventually headed back to Italy, where he has tried to get back into the spotlight.

The Nigeria international has played under Ivan Juric this season, but with a contract ending at the end of the season, a free transfer is on the horizon, and he could end up back at Fulham, according to Tuttosport, relayed by TuttoMercatoWeb.

The Italian newspaper explain the player will 'hardly remain in Italy', especially since he has various offers from the Premier League to return to England next season.

In fact, 'the most insistent team' seems to be Fulham, who decided not to buy him last time they had him due to their relegation back to the Championship.

With Marco Silva's side now in a great position in the Premier League, they can already start planning for next season to ensure all this continues, and it appears Aina is among their targets.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-insistent-club-trying-sign-player-free-transfer-already-knows-craven-cottage-well/

WhiteJC

Fulham FC Welcomes New Fan Engagement Standard

Fulham Football Club welcomes the inception of the Fan Engagement Standard (FES), announced by the Premier League today.

Earlier this season, Premier League clubs unanimously approved the introduction of the standard, which all 20 member clubs will begin to implement during the remainder of the 2022/23 season.

The FES reinforces Fulham Football Club's own commitment to ensuring long-term and meaningful engagement with supporters.
How We Engage

The Club has demonstrated collaboration with supporter groups over a number of years, and currently meets monthly with two independent supporter groups, the Fulham Supporters' Trust (FST) and the Fulham FC Disabled Supporters' Association (DSA), as well as quarterly with The 1879 Club.

Across the remainder of the season, we will continue to discuss and review our current engagement framework to establish the best approach for setting up a Fan Advisory Board (FAB), which will then be implemented for the start of the 2023/24 campaign.

The Club now has a Nominated Board Level Official (NBLO) in place, Club Director David Daly, who will oversee Fulham's commitment to fan engagement and the FES.

Responsible for reviewing its delivery, the NBLO will work closely with the Club's dedicated day-to-day project leads for this area; Management Board representatives Carmelo Mifsud (Communications Director) and Jack Burrows (Marketing Director).

Their responsibilities will cover off-pitch matters, including but not limited to, supporter relations and queries, the matchday experience, domestic and overseas supporter group relationships, as well as management of the Club's heritage assets.
Fan Engagement Plan

From the start of the 2023/24 campaign, and in line with the FES framework, the Club will publish a season-long fan engagement plan to set key objectives and provide updated key information and contacts for fans.

Subsequently, with the aim of increasing transparency of Club matters with supporters, at the end of each campaign a report will be published to summarise key work, research and findings, as well as any achievements.
More Information

Further details regarding Fulham's fan engagement plan and a future Fulham FC FAB – including its purpose, structure, and membership – will be disclosed via the Club's official communication channels.

More details around the Fan Engagement Standard and its specification can be found online at premierleague.com

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2023/march/22/fan-engagement-statement/

WhiteJC

Fulham planning record sale next summer – Player expected to leave for over £35m

Earlier this week, we saw ESPN UK revealing that Fulham star Andreas Pereira had been drawing the interest from European sides such as Atletico Madrid, Chelsea and Paris Saint Germain.

That was surprising news about the 27-year-old, who left Manchester United on a permanent move to the Whites last summer and is now having an impressive season at Marco Silva's side.

It turns out that Fulham's plans regarding Pereira are now reported by Brazilian outlet UOL, who features an interesting piece on the player.

Their story claims that the Whites' board see the midfielder as the 'next big sale' the club will make, and 'possibly the biggest in their history'.

Pereira was signed from Manchester United for £9.5m, and according to UOL, the idea from the Craven Cottage side is to sell him for more than Ryan Sessegnon, who left for Tottenham Hotspur in 2019 for £27m.

It's said Fulham still haven't sent a price for the sale, but expect approaches and bids worth over £35m to take place 'very soon'.

The interested sides mentioned there are Juventus and Paris Saint Germain.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-planning-record-sale-next-summer-player-expected-leave-35m/

WhiteJC

Former Boss of Israeli Soccer Superstar Manor Solomon Says He Should Sign With Arsenal After Fulham Contract Ends

The chairman of the Israeli soccer team Maccabi Petah Tikva has urged Israeli soccer star Manor Solomon, who began his career with the club, to sign with English Premier League giants Arsenal after his temporary contact with west London club Fulham ends this summer.

Speaking to Israeli outlet One Sport, Maccabi Petah Tikva Chairman Avi Luzon, who has helmed the team for 33 years, said about the 23-year-old Israeli athlete: "In my opinion? [He should go] to Arsenal. I think he's ready to play there."

Luzon referred to Solomon as "Manor Star" in the interview, a nod to his impressive performance  in the English Premier League this season, with a tally of four goals in nine league appearances and one in the FA Cup competition. "Fulham bet wrongly that they took him on loan for free and didn't buy him and it's possible they'll lose," he said. "After all, there was an agreement to buy him for 7.5 million euros even before and they ended up taking him on loan for free. So now, they won't get him for 7.5 million euros and if they want to buy him they will have to pay more."

Solomon began playing for Maccabi Petah Tikva before signing with the Ukrainian soccer team Shakhtar Donetsk at the age of 19. He lived in Kyiv and played for Shakhtar for three years before joining Fulham on loan in July 2022 on a one-year deal made possible because of a FIFA rule that allows Ukraine-based foreign players to temporarily suspend their contracts due to the Russia's invasion of its southern neighbor.

Though he missed the first few months of the season with Fulham due to a knee injury and subsequent surgery, Solomon has impressed enormously with his performances. He was nominated for FIFA's Premier League Player of the Month award for February and was also a contender for the Premier League's Budweiser Goal of the Month award for the same month. His temporary contract with Fulham ends in July and several Premier League teams have expressed interest in signing Solomon once his time with Fulham is up.

Luzon thinks Shatkhar will cash in on Solomon and transfer him over to another team when the window of opportunity opens in the summer. "They do have an interest in selling him, in order to get money," Luzon told One.

"In my estimation, without having spoken to any of the parties, he will be sold for an amount between 10 and 20 million euros to a team that will give Manor the opportunity to continue developing also a good contract," he added. "He should receive a contract for five seasons and secure his future."

When asked if there were other offers to seize Solomon before he decided to join Fulham temporarily, Luzon revealed that he personally approached the athlete with an offer from France — but Solomon was insistent that he wanted to play in the Premier League.

"I personally brought him an offer from Nice who then agreed to buy him for 10 million euros and give him a contract of 2 million euros per season for five seasons," Lizon told One. "They agreed to send a plane to take him to see the French Riviera. He told them: 'I know the Riviera and it is beautiful, but I want to play in the Premier League.'"

Luzon would receive roughly a 15 percent cut from a sale concerning Solomon, One explained. He told the Israeli publication that he is confident teams around the world would pay good money to have Solomon play for them.

"He will find many teams that will pay him well," he said. "Even if now he didn't play for Fulham and returns to Shakhtar and doesn't play there either, at the end of the contract half of the leading teams in world football, they would take him."

https://www.algemeiner.com/2023/03/22/former-boss-of-israeli-soccer-superstar-manor-solomon-says-he-should-sign-with-arsenal-after-fulham-contract-ends/

WhiteJC

Fulham ace Aleksandar Mitrovic could face Aston Villa ban as FA makes decision after Man Utd fury

BirminghamLive brings you the latest Aston Villa news as Fulham could be without star striker Aleksandar Mitrovic after FA release statement

Fulham's Aleksandar Mitrovic could be ruled out until the last day of the season after the FA has confirmed that the striker will receive a lengthier ban than the standard three-match suspension for his red card in last week's FA Cup clash against Manchester United.

Serbia international Mitrovic lost his cool after Chris Kavanagh correctly took VAR advice to award United a penalty and dismiss Willian for handball in the quarter-final clash last Sunday. The Sun claim that Kavanagh's official report to the FA included a full account of the verbal confrontation that followed Mitrovic's dismissal when he shouted into the referee's face.

That started the disciplinary process that has left Mitrovic facing a potential 10-match ban, while would rule him out of Fulham's trip to Aston Villa next month. Meanwhile, Cottagers boss Marco Silva is also set to face punishment on several counts after he was shown a red card in the second half of the 3-1 United win.

Willian's straight red card for handling the ball to prevent Jadon Sancho's shot finding the net prompted a furious reaction from Fulham players and coaching staff. Silva was then given a sent off from the touchline for his protests with Mitrovic also given his marching orders for pushing referee Kavanagh after his manager had been dismissed.

The FA released a statement regarding the passage of the match on Monday evening, saying Fulham, Silva and Mitrovic had all been charged with alleged offences.

The statement read: "Fulham, Marco Silva and Aleksandar Mitrovic have been charged following the incidents that took place in or around the 72nd minute of their tie against Manchester United in The FA Cup on Sunday, March 19.

"It's alleged that Marco Silva used abusive and/or insulting words and/or gestures towards the match referee; that he used abusive and/or insulting words towards the fourth official prior to his dismissal; and that he also used abusive and/or insulting words and/or gestures and/or behaviour towards the fourth official after being sent off.

"It's further alleged that in throwing a water bottle in the direction of the assistant referee his behaviour was improper. The FA has claimed that the standard punishment which would otherwise apply to Aleksandar Mitrovic for the sending off offence of violent conduct that he committed towards the match referee is clearly insufficient.

"In addition Aleksandar Mitrovic's behaviour and/or language was allegedly improper and/or abusive and/or insulting and/or threatening following his dismissal. It's also alleged that Fulham failed to ensure its players conducted themselves properly."

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-aleksandar-mitrovic-aston-villa-26536663

WhiteJC

Fulham implode in semi-final defeat

Fulham's hopes of reaching the FA Cup semi-finals were left in tatters after a dramatic second-half spell at Old Trafford in which they conceded two goals and had two players sent off in a 2-1 defeat at Manchester United.

Aleksandar Mitrovic put the Whites ahead but Willian's handball and Mitrovic's protests led to both being red-carded and Bruno Fernandes equalising with the resulting penalty.

With Fulham boss Marco Silva having also been sent off, Marcel Sabitzer put Manchester United in front.

In the final moments, Fernandes thumped in his second and the third goal for United, who will face Brighton at Wembley for a place in the final.

It was rough on Fulham, who were the better side in the first half and took the lead early in the second, just after keeper David De Gea had tipped over a shot from Antonee Robinson and tipped wide a strike from Willian.

Andreas Pereira's right-wing corner was flicked on by Issa Diop towards Mitrovic, who fired home.

De Gea was called into action again midway through the second half, diving to his right to push away Mitrovic's header as Fulham continued to threaten.

But the tide turned against them in dramatic fashion when they suddenly found themselves down to nine men with their lead wiped out.

Antony sped away down the right and teed up Jadon Sancho, who rounded keeper Bernd Leno but was denied a goal by Willian using an arm to block his shot.

Silva was shown the red card for protesting to referee Chris Kavanagh as the official checked the pitchside monitor.

And when the penalty was awarded and Willian sent off, Mitrovic lost his cool and shoved Kavanagh, and was promptly also red-carded.

Fernandes tucked away the spot-kick and worse followed for Fulham a couple of minutes later when Luke Shaw pulled the ball back from the left for Sabitzer to score from close range.

Fulham: Leno, Tete (Soares 89), Diop, Ream, Robinson, Palhinha, Reed (James 90), Pereira (Cairney 90), De Cordova-Reid (Solomon 90), Mitrovic, Willian.
Subs not used: Rodak, Tosin, Cedric, Lukic, Wilson,  James, Vinicius.

https://londonfootballnews.co.uk/news/fulham-wls-implode-in-semi-final-defeat/

WhiteJC

Premier League club are very 'confident' their manager won't be joining Tottenham - journalist

Fulham expect their manager Marco Silva will commit his future to the club despite contract talks stalling amid links with Tottenham.

The Sun report that the 45-year-old is admired by Daniel Levy for the job he has done at Fulham this season and he is now first choice.

A report from 90min states contract talks have stalled in recent weeks due to emerging interest in Silva's services from Tottenham.

But journalist Graeme Bailey told TeamTALK that Fulham think their Portuguese manager will sign on the dotted line eventually.

Fulham still expect Marco Silva to sign new contract amid Tottenham links
He said: "Silva has just over 12 months on his current deal and the Cottagers are keen to reward their boss.

"After guiding Fulham out of the Championship at the first time of asking, they have now made a major impact on the Premier League's top ten.

"His performance with Fulham has not gone unnoticed and links with Tottenham and Chelsea have emerged. It is understood his people have delayed talks for now.

"Despite this I am told Fulham believe that Silva will put pen to paper sooner rather than later."

It seems Silva is convinced he is best served staying where he is and an agreement with Fulham should be reached in due course.

Spurs have been mentioned in connection with a whole host of names, and it remains to be seen whether they go with a caretaker if and when they sack Antonio Conte.

The Italian's future still remains unresolved on the back of his outburst at Southampton on Saturday, with the international break providing time for the club to sort it out ahead of the business end of the season.

https://tbrfootball.com/premier-league-club-are-very-confident-their-manager-wont-be-joining-tottenham-journalist/