Main Menu

Forum update

Started by WhiteJC, March 28, 2023, 10:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Quote from: J17 on March 29, 2023, 09:29:10 AM
Quote from: whitejc on March 29, 2023, 12:26:38 AM
Quote from: Dodger53 on March 28, 2023, 11:29:54 PM
I am an expert in getting things like this wrong and rely on the... If all else fails read the instructions 🤔

ha ha

when I used give programming training courses I always used to finish with

RTFM

read the flaming manual

I work in IT, I use the same acronym all the time

Good work in keeping this going, I pressume this is more of a side hussle then your core income so much appreciated to add to content I get from the club directly. Liking the new banner picture up top.
Not many things come with an instruction book these days, and if they do they are badly translated from a foreign language or consist of comic strip diagrams.
Anything digital gives me problems.  In the last week I have struggled with PC, Smart TV, I Phone and Central Heating Programmer. When we change to/from GMT the clock in my central heating programmer can change automatically but sometimes it forgets. This time it did change when the clocks went forward but then advanced a further hour again the following day.

A big thank you for looking after this site and I offer sympathy with your problems.

Ronnief

Well done. Can't believe how I missed it yesterday 092.gif 049:gif

Bill2

Quote from: Dodger53 on March 28, 2023, 11:29:54 PM
I am an expert in getting things like this wrong and rely on the... If all else fails read the instructions 🤔
What, that can't be right as it is what my wife says  :005:

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Fulham 442 on March 29, 2023, 09:02:22 AM
I kept trying to log on yesterday to see if we were back up and running and it made me realise how much I love and value this forum.  Thanks so much John for all your hard work and committment, it really is much appreciated.

:plus one:

toshes mate

Sometimes it never rains but it pours, John, but at least you are sticking with it and determined to win. 

I have no personal experience of the SM software but have watched someone else do an upgrade.  I seem to remember If you are doing a "large" upgrade with a jump of more than one step the final result does seem a little incident  prone.  The alternative incremental upgrades seemed much more time consuming but ultimately more likely to succeed.  Needless to say I have no idea why other than it always seems to be that way with computer software.

JudgeBread

Quote from: We Are Premier League on March 29, 2023, 10:41:50 AM
I kept trying to log on yesterday to see if we were back up and running and it made me realise how much I love and value this forum.  Thanks so much John for all your hard work and committment, it really is much appreciated.

:plus one:

2nded. Appreciate the work it takes to keep the lights on in this place

bobbo

John I'm sure I speak for us all when I say you can do no wrong for me .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

HV71

This sums up my feelings as well -thank you for all your hard work and endeavour on our behalf

WhiteJC

Quote from: bobbo on March 30, 2023, 12:49:27 PM

ha ha, you've not met my wife have you? I think she'll tell you differently  :dft011:

alfie

Quote from: WhiteJC on March 30, 2023, 02:04:05 PM
Quote from: bobbo on March 30, 2023, 12:49:27 PM

ha ha, you've not met my wife have you? I think she'll tell you differently  :dft011:
I'm the boss in my house. (My wife said I could say that)
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't