watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Put us out of our misery

Started by Mr White, March 29, 2023, 09:13:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr White

Getting close to match day. Maybe Mitro starts this week ?

Fulham1959

Yes, news about the red cards seems conspicuous by it's absence.

(Unless I've missed something)

Deeping_white

The club have requested a personal hearing in person with the FA so it will take a bit longer to dish out the full punishment

Fulham 442

Quote from: Deeping_white on March 29, 2023, 09:22:24 AM
The club have requested a personal hearing in person with the FA so it will take a bit longer to dish out the full punishment
I think that is the best course of action for us tbh, although the suspense regarding hearing what our punishment will be is hard.  All we know for sure so far is that Willian and Mitro won't feature Saturday and Marco will be missing from the touchline I guess....

filham

The big issue is Mitro and it is hard to see what we can say in his defense of that particular incident. Just hope that we don't push a suspension into next season.

Sometimes it is better to just put your hands in the air and apologise.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Fulham 442 on March 29, 2023, 09:28:37 AM
I think that is the best course of action for us tbh, although the suspense regarding hearing what our punishment will be is hard.  All we know for sure so far is that Willian and Mitro won't feature Saturday and Marco will be missing from the touchline I guess....

I assume that he will be suspended for the game even if the hearing has not yet taken place?

Sting of the North

Quote from: We Are Premier League on March 29, 2023, 10:36:46 AM
Quote from: Fulham 442 on March 29, 2023, 09:28:37 AM

I assume that he will be suspended for the game even if the hearing has not yet taken place?

He has to serve a 3 match suspension for the red card regardless, yes.

Deeping_white

Quote from: filham on March 29, 2023, 10:27:33 AM
The big issue is Mitro and it is hard to see what we can say in his defense of that particular incident. Just hope that we don't push a suspension into next season.

It's not defending his actions, it's more pointing out the hypocrisy of calls for a double digit suspension when that would see him get a longer ban than Suarez did for racism amongst other things - it's an exercise in damage limitation in the number of games he's banned for, and attempting to get a sense of reality around the suspension. Also to prove that some of the charges around Silva (the one with the water bottle is disproven with video footage) to ensure that rather than the FA dishing out long suspensions to act like they're getting tough, they'll have to justify their actions to legal council.

JimOG

Quote from: Deeping_white on March 29, 2023, 10:44:57 AM

It's not defending his actions, it's more pointing out the hypocrisy of calls for a double digit suspension when that would see him get a longer ban than Suarez did for racism amongst other things - it's an exercise in damage limitation in the number of games he's banned for, and attempting to get a sense of reality around the suspension. Also to prove that some of the charges around Silva (the one with the water bottle is disproven with video footage) to ensure that rather than the FA dishing out long suspensions to act like they're getting tough, they'll have to justify their actions to legal council.

Well said. I haven't heard anyone on here denying he deserves a ban (maybe Kavanagh should join him!) but instead of this 'moral panic' the punishment needs to be proportionate based on both precedents of bans but also the thorny issue for the FA of not issuing bans eg Fernandes (thought De Gea's 2001 v Liverpool was far worse). This is not Di Canio territory so we should fight any ban of that length being proposed

Jim©

My view on it all is that Mitro was calm, even after a pen was awarded and WIllian & Marco had been sent off. Yeah, he was moaning as he walked with Cavanagh BUT... The ref said something to him that made him go utterly beserk, raging. What was it, and is that going to form part of the defence? I'd say it should and would love there to be some lip-reading expert or similar called in.