watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I wish Mitrovic and Silva did this

Started by RAY Rock ????, March 29, 2023, 08:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DadCreature

I wish they had gone to anger management classes in advance.  We should have won that match.

Twig

Quote from: DadCreature on March 30, 2023, 12:13:03 AM
I wish they had gone to anger management classes in advance.  We should have won that match.

I agree. Their rants, even though there was some level of justification, won't change the FA one tiny bit but they sure as hell ensured we missed out on an FA Cup semi final.

ffcthereligion

Quote from: Twig on March 30, 2023, 10:50:15 AM

I agree. Their rants, even though there was some level of justification, won't change the FA one tiny bit but they sure as hell ensured we missed out on an FA Cup semi final.

Think this is a false narrative. Willian unluckily having it hit his arm after doing everything he could to stop that happening cost us the place at Wembley. Mitro and Marco reacted the way they did because they knew that, made no difference to outcome

Thailand Mick

Does anybody seriously believe that at 1-1 (after the penalty converted) and down to ten men with extra time and those officials we would still have had a chance to win. If they had missed the penalty then I would agree we could have held on for the last 8 minutes but once they scored it was all over.

Lighthouse

I tend to agree that once the referee decided to send one player off then the game was up. It would have been 1-1 with a player down. We have on only very few occasions managed to hold on with 10 players and with United's heads up and an iffy referee. Well it was all over.

I think the only thing that annoys me. Besides having this referee picked for this game in the first place. Is the weird reaction by the press afterwards. As if seeing their favourites go through by default wasn't enough. If ever we needed reminding that we live in strange times when reactions in the mainstream press can be hysterical. This is a perfect example.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

copthornemike

I would / will have been truly impressed if Mitro and Silva, as much as they have achieved with Fulham, we're to substitute words with actually being humble and take a refereeing course whilst they are suspended.
Even more so referee or linesman a couple of junior league matches on cold mornings.
Hopefully we will have even more improved versions of Mitro and Silva back into the match day team shortly.
COYW

copthornemike

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 30, 2023, 11:25:06 AM
I tend to agree that once the referee decided to send one player off then the game was up. It would have been 1-1 with a player down. We have on only very few occasions managed to hold on with 10 players and with United's heads up and an iffy referee. Well it was all over.

I think the only thing that annoys me. Besides having this referee picked for this game in the first place. Is the weird reaction by the press afterwards. As if seeing their favourites go through by default wasn't enough. If ever we needed reminding that we live in strange times when reactions in the mainstream press can be hysterical. This is a perfect example.
I would respectfully suggest that with one man down we were still in with a decent chance, albeit a reduced one. Two players down - yes, the game was up.

Twig

Quote from: ffcthereligion on March 30, 2023, 11:05:35 AM

Think this is a false narrative. Willian unluckily having it hit his arm after doing everything he could to stop that happening cost us the place at Wembley. Mitro and Marco reacted the way they did because they knew that, made no difference to outcome

Sorry but I think it potentially made a huge difference. With ten men I think there is every chance we could have held out for a draw or even nicked it. We were so much the better team. Of course we will never know either way.

ffcthereligion

Quote from: Twig on March 30, 2023, 06:56:12 PM
Quote from: ffcthereligion on March 30, 2023, 11:05:35 AM

Sorry but I think it potentially made a huge difference. With ten men I think there is every chance we could have held out for a draw or even nicked it. We were so much the better team. Of course we will never know either way.

Fair enough mate, just my opinion but of course that could be true and like you say we will never know.

Ultimately though there are no draws, you'd be looking at 18 mins of normal time, plus lets say 5/6 stoppage time, plus give or take 35 mins extra time to hold on before penalties. So an hour vs a top team with a man advantage with the complexion of the game having been completely changed and a 75k crowd up for it.

Asotosyios

Quote from: copthornemike on March 30, 2023, 04:16:42 PM
I would / will have been truly impressed if Mitro and Silva, as much as they have achieved with Fulham, we're to substitute words with actually being humble and take a refereeing course whilst they are suspended.
Even more so referee or linesman a couple of junior league matches on cold mornings.
Hopefully we will have even more improved versions of Mitro and Silva back into the match day team shortly.
COYW

Any particular temperature you have in mind? Will it be a problem that the weather might start getting warmer come April?

Silva and Mitrovic only need to focus on Fulham and their training. I wouldn't be against Kavanagh retaking his referee course and doing a couple of junior League matches on cold mornings though.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

toshes mate

There was a game plan and it was working until the red card for Willian.  That was a big, big difference given the referee (and VAR) had given us nothing up to that point.  That card would have been clearly felt by the whole squad outfit as a sea change and you can understand why.  You are one up, and dominating a game.  Then the referee goes from no action to a penalty and a red card in a dubious call - VAR replays are not proof of justice they are two dimensional interpretations of reality.  I don't know what the ball hit except that it didn't appear to be a single connection as it seemed to me to strike at least twice as from front view.  That is why Willian should be asked if he deliberately tried to handle the ball or whether it struck him at least.  Add that to the fact Shaw shouldn't have been on the pitch and FFC a penalty and a Mitro goal up against them but they were now ten men against Man U with lots of time left. 

No Kavanagh and VAR destroyed the game twice and that is as unforgiveable of the authorities as the injustice that happened at Derby all those years ago without VAR even a twinkle in anyone's eye.   The FA should be on trial until they rid the game of injustice and give us decent referees.   The asses running stuff at Wembley need courses on integrity, honesty and hard work.  Breaking rocks in a quarry for a month or two would be a start for the latter.

General

I wish football refs were more like this

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cqa3MbaIT4N/?

filham

I really do blame the modern interpretation of hand ball, time we went back to it having to be deliberate and, "hand hits ball". On top of that, conceding a penalty and going down to ten men for accidental hand ball is just ridiculous, the people who have decided on the interpretation of this rule are asking for trouble.

Twig

Quote from: filham on March 31, 2023, 11:02:05 AM
I really do blame the modern interpretation of hand ball, time we went back to it having to be deliberate and, "hand hits ball". On top of that, conceding a penalty and going down to ten men for accidental hand ball is just ridiculous, the people who have decided on the interpretation of this rule are asking for trouble.

Tend to agree. I have no problem with a penalty for a handball in the area (provided it isn't one of those blasted at a player at point blank range, which simply isn't foul play at all) but the additional punishment of a red card should be for where the officials see it as deliberate.