watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kavanagh

Started by Ludlow Richard, March 30, 2023, 04:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludlow Richard

He referees Forest v Wolves on Saturday. As it's April Fools' Day it might be worth keeping an eye on that game.......

Marcus

Forest profited from having an incompetent fool doing the play off final... may work against them this time, who knows, with him in charge anything might happen, and probably will, his eventual complete humiliation is a given...

perry geyton

He doesn't really care for lowly teams, I'm sure it'll be a well reffed game

bobbo

He made two poor mistakes in our game the kick on Robinson and the two handed push on mitro early on , but for me he mad no mistake over the big incident , he's obliged to follow guidelines given to him and the laws of the game .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Thailand Mick

Quote from: bobbo on March 30, 2023, 05:21:20 PM
He made two poor mistakes in our game the kick on Robinson and the two handed push on mitro early on , but for me he mad no mistake over the big incident , he's obliged to follow guidelines given to him and the laws of the game .
he also didn't punish Fernandes who gestured to him and clearly told him to **** off after being penalised for a foul on Harrison Reed. The same offence Silva received a red card for.

colinwhite

poor referee ,don't understand why its always everyone else's fault and they don't have to take much responsibility for being very poor at their job.

F(f)CUK

Quote from: Thailand Mick on March 30, 2023, 05:47:05 PM
he also didn't punish Fernandes who gestured to him and clearly told him to **** off after being penalised for a foul on Harrison Reed. The same offence Silva received a red card for.
Worth listening to Gentleman Jim commentary. He predicted that Silva would be in trouble long before he was sent off. It appears that he exploded long before Kavanagh got to the sideline. He was clearly throwing stuff around.

Fulham Tup North

092.gif
Sky Bet offering 7/2 on a red card... lump on 👍🤣
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Lighthouse

He made the right call for Fulham's losing the temper. But that was the end product of a poor uneven display. His reaction to Mitro made the situation worse. No he is under no obligation to calm the situation down. But equally he isn't there to make it worse especially on the back of his awful display against West Ham.

So I don't see how he is competent to referee a Prem game. Or any game for that matter. I don't blame him for his decisions against us but he made it painfully clear that he was there for the camera's and the spotlight and ignored any opportunity to help the situation and he ignored any incident against United.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bobbo

Quote from: Thailand Mick on March 30, 2023, 05:47:05 PM
I wasn't aware mick of the Fernandes comment and hadn't noticed it at all . By my comment I'm not trying to defend him just pointing out facts - that I noticed .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

toshes mate

If Anthony Taylor is the best referee there is at PL level then Chris Kavanagh must be right on the cusp of being bloody bleedin' useless.  The really serious point of all this is do people seriously believe these guys care about being seen to be totally neutral at all times?  I have seen Shaw get away with stuff that would have been certain yellow cards for any Fulham player in every United game I have watched him play this season and it is certainly around fifteen games.  I have made remarks about him long before the Cup game and the assault on Mitro was typical of his play and he gets away with it every time.  Why?

As for officials following guidelines - football has rules  that are relatively simple to follow and when they are broken referees have limited choices of action for most situations and yet they still make mistakes.  It is as if responding to incidents was a chance occurence and not a breach of a regulation.  Consistency can be see to be done when it is present but in the vast majority of professional matches I have watched in the past several years few referees make an effort to correct bad calls (and VAR seldom intervenes when it clearly should be - it is always oddities that get picked up as if VAR wants to appear cleverer than NO VAR).  And it is getting worse and worse.  Is it really all about money or are these guys just completely lacking in integrity because the organisation behind them has no need for integrity either?

Andy S

it is the referees job to keep the game moving and not to be the judge in a conversation every time there is a disputable incident. No referee is perfect and a referee makes a judgement which is based on what he saw. One of the biggest problems in the game is the players trying to con the referee almost every time. This is what is wrong with VAR as it is giving the referee a second look. When he has made a mistake as he clearly had when Willian handled the ball the ref gave a corner knowing that if he was wrong VAR would save him. It may have been a genuine mistake as he may not have seen the incident. When he watched it again in slow motion he gave a penalty. The game is so no longer ensuring that referees have a need to do the best they can.

ianthailand

Quote from: colinwhite on March 30, 2023, 06:40:29 PM
poor referee ,don't understand why its always everyone else's fault and they don't have to take much responsibility for being very poor at their job.
Agree. Kavanagh (and his VAR helper) have had no negative comment about their inability to see the obvious push on Mitro by Shaw. It is no wonder players lose their rag when these blatant mistakes are made. Funny it's usually the smaller club who suffers!

Rufus Brevetts Tracksuit

^^^^  THIS.

Still, neither club is from Manchester, so he might have difficulty deciding which club to favour.

bigalffc

Quote from: toshes mate on March 30, 2023, 08:46:52 PM
If Anthony Taylor is the best referee there is at PL level then Chris Kavanagh must be right on the cusp of being bloody bleedin' useless.  The really serious point of all this is do people seriously believe these guys care about being seen to be totally neutral at all times?  I have seen Shaw get away with stuff that would have been certain yellow cards for any Fulham player in every United game I have watched him play this season and it is certainly around fifteen games.  I have made remarks about him long before the Cup game and the assault on Mitro was typical of his play and he gets away with it every time.  Why?

As for officials following guidelines - football has rules  that are relatively simple to follow and when they are broken referees have limited choices of action for most situations and yet they still make mistakes.  It is as if responding to incidents was a chance occurence and not a breach of a regulation.  Consistency can be see to be done when it is present but in the vast majority of professional matches I have watched in the past several years few referees make an effort to correct bad calls (and VAR seldom intervenes when it clearly should be - it is always oddities that get picked up as if VAR wants to appear cleverer than NO VAR).  And it is getting worse and worse.  Is it really all about money or are these guys just completely lacking in integrity because the organisation behind them has no need for integrity either?

Absolutely agree, referees making a straightforward job seem difficult and looking for publicity. Time they were penalised for not doing their job properly. Three match ban for incompetence perhaps.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

filham

Kavanagh, a name we had best forget.

sunburywhite

I suppose the good thing will be that for the next few games we get Kavanagh we should get the rub of the green
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

ffcne

Still cannot get over the fact that the FA appoint a referee from Manchester.
Surely this cannot be right.