I blame the dodgy green kit

Started by Worcesterwhite, April 01, 2023, 05:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Worcesterwhite

3 games nil points, unless I'm mistaken

HV71

LittleErn

Jules

Yeah as soon as I realised we were wearing that kit, I thought oh no, it's a guaranteed loss!

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Steeeeeeeeeed

It really is an awful colour, that Gryish Green musty be the worst colurs a team can play in.

the players do not stand out at all on the TV, must have an effect on the pitch.

Woolly Mammoth

The kit was alright in the first half, however it was the half time team talk, the attitude and lack of commitment and leadership on the pitch in the second half is unacceptable.
If you go out and sit deep in the second half you invite pressure and that is disappointing because it is not the first time this has happened.

Yes of course you are welcome to blame the kit, but it's the game management and the reluctance to bring on subs until the game is lost is what you should be blaming, as well as we took our foot off the peddle.
We seem to almost accept defeat in a whimper.
The kit is irrelevant, it's the attitude and the motivation is what worries me.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

WindyCity

Not only do I blame the dodgy green mint but I hate 'em!

Road kit should always be all black. I think the team just 'looks' more intimidating in all black.  Sink the green, implement the black.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: WindyCity on April 01, 2023, 05:37:32 PM
Not only do I blame the dodgy green mint but I hate 'em!

Road kit should always be all black. I think the team just 'looks' more intimidating in all black.  Sink the green, implement the black.

I do not like a green kit either, any green.
So we are all agreed then, it's Black Shirts, Black Shorts, Black Socks.

Never forget your Roots.

Rufus Brevetts Tracksuit

What I found when we wore it at home in the West Ham friendly just before Xmas is that it's a real struggle to pick players out.

As a shirt, it's a nice piece of clothing, beautiful shade of green, but the patchwork blue front makes it totally impractical for football.

Brawn

Didn't Alex Ferguson once change the entire team's kits at half time? Why didn't we do that today?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Brawn on April 02, 2023, 12:26:22 AM
Didn't Alex Ferguson once change the entire team's kits at half time? Why didn't we do that today?

Yes i remember it was away to Southampton and Manure were losing, old red beak felt that the kit they were wearing which was all grey in the first half was uninspiring, so at half time he changed the kit to all brown to inspire them.

Only joking it was not brown, i cannot remember the colours they wore in the second half, and i cannot remember the final score either. So not sure if it did them any good.

Never forget your Roots.

Mr White

I hate it, looks like they nicked the patten of London transport.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Rufus Brevetts Tracksuit on April 01, 2023, 11:38:40 PM
What I found when we wore it at home in the West Ham friendly just before Xmas is that it's a real struggle to pick players out.

As a shirt, it's a nice piece of clothing, beautiful shade of green, but the patchwork blue front makes it totally impractical for football.

If you go out and buy a few more of those shirts, you could make a pair of curtains out of them.

Never forget your Roots.

Marcus

Love our traditional colours... black and white so simple and smart, it also ought to allow us to be a bit more daring away, should always be yellow or orange, colourful in contrast to the stylish home wear.

Fulham 442

I didn't like the green kit at all when it was first "unveiled", I like it even less now we have lost each time we have worn it.  Like our home and second strip, guess there was a clash of colours with Bournemouth ie both having black shorts in either of our other kits...

alfie

I'm going against the feelings here, I actually like the green kit, let's face it, it's not the kit that lets in goals or misplaced a pass etc, it's the person in it doing that.

When we play badly in our black and white and lose, I don't see anyone blaming the kit.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

filham

The green kit is terrible.
If it was up to me I would play all of the remaining games, both home and away, in traditional black and white.

Andy S

There was no colour clash so the black and white could have been used. I've heard that Marco doesn't like the green kit either but as it is registered as our second kit there have been complaints from our own supporters that they have paid money for a shirt that is rarely used

hovewhite

Sorry it's one of the worst colours I've ever seen.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Makes us look like a team of goalkeepers.