more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Downhill Spiral

Started by perry geyton, April 01, 2023, 09:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

Not to be a doom & Gloomer but after the Manchester Utd. Joke I feel
That we are maybe entering into a bit of a negative period for the rest of the season, I'm OK with it but I just feel like the honeymoon may well be over,
Marco has a bit of a reputation for struggling once in this situation so it'll be interesting to see how it pans out...

We are safe so im not too worried, all be it I must admit it's a tad boring sitting mid table with not too many games left "but not complaining" it feels amazing

my main concern is that in the summer we will get picked apart in the summer by the usual vultures and we will have to rebuild... Jao definitely won't be here !!!

Let's just hope Marco has what it takes and is in it for the long run...

Sting of the North

"Not to be a doom and gloomer", he says and then goes on dooming and glooming like there may actually be no tomorrow.  :005:

Have a little faith in our team, I say. They have certainly earned it.  049:gif

Woolly Mammoth

In the sea the Whales swallow the Tiddlers.
On land the Lion eats the Antelope, that is the food chain.
It's Dog eat Dog, do not dwell on any players lost to any predators, use your energy on positive issues like whose pocket Fulham are going to pick to get somebody else's players.

It's down to the club to fight tooth and nail to
keep key players.
In the last couple years Fulham have been moving up the ladder. If the club do not succeed in managing matters to our advantage Fulham may commence sliding back down the snake to square one.
If any players are unsettled then it's down to the Manager to manage with the support of the club? and i expect him to earn
his salary.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

perry geyton

Quote from: Sting of the North on April 01, 2023, 09:35:17 PM
"Not to be a doom and gloomer", he says and then goes on dooming and glooming like there may actually be no tomorrow.  :005:

Have a little faith in our team, I say. They have certainly earned it.  049:gif

I don't think you read my post correctly, by no means was it full on "doom & gloom"
I suggest you re read it and then get back to me

I'm an honest Fulham supporter and tend not to live in a bubble from 50 odd years of following Fulham

perry geyton

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 01, 2023, 09:42:04 PM
It's Dog eat Dog, do not dwell on any players lost to any predators, use your energy on positive issues like whose pocket Fulham are going to pick to get somebody else's players.

keep key players.
In the last couple years Fulham have been moving up the ladder. If the club do not succeed in managing matters to our advantage Fulham may commence sliding back down the snake to square one.
If any players are unsettled then it's down to the Manager to manage with the support of the club? and i expect him to earn
his salary.

The thought of losing Joa just breaks my heart Wooly I just feel it's inevitable

Forgive me

ianthailand

Quote from: perry geyton on April 02, 2023, 01:55:54 AM

keep key players.
his salary.

The thought of losing Joa just breaks my heart Wooly I just feel it's inevitable

Forgive me
The difference to a lot of players going cheaply in the recent past is that of those in demand Palhinha, Mitro, Pereira and Robinson only the latter is on a relatively short term contract. He will be easy to replace if yesterday's attempt at stopping Solwankie from scoring is anything to go by. Tosin is 2nd X1 now and is another on a short contract. So not all doom and gloom Perry. I'm keeping all my chins up!

SP

I agree the vultures are likely to swoop but don't forget we're also vultures & will do the same.

The next game is the most important & a chance to put one over WHU will hopefully raise our spirits.  I see WHU are playing Weds evening so that should help. Then a chance to add to Leeds problems, plenty to look forward to.

toshes mate

Quote from: perry geyton on April 01, 2023, 09:27:35 PM

Marco has a bit of a reputation for struggling once in this situation so it'll be interesting to see how it pans out...

Mmm, what situation is that, precisely?  I don't recall him being at FFC before and so do you care to include us all in what it is you find to be familiar with it?  If nothing else I ever felt were ever true this season has been felt one hundred percent original to me and still has some way to run.  I think there is room for at least one more very big and pleasant surprise on the cards before the last game finishes.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: perry geyton on April 02, 2023, 01:55:54 AM

keep key players.
his salary.

Forgive me

You are forgiven    049:gif
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

jarv

It is not the end. We just played manu off the park (apparently) for 75 minutes, then a mad 20 minutes cost the team dearly.  It does hurt Fulham but does not make them bound for the basement towards the end of the season. Another thread suggested most of us feel we will finish between 9th annd 14th, plenty to be optimistic about.

Fulham can pick off one or two decent players from relegated teams plus maybe a couple of gems from the championship. Pleanty to look forward to.

keithh

No doom & gloom here. Mid table was more than I wished or expected. Generally pleased with the first half performance (except for the overhead kick when a second goal was so important). The signs were there though. I remember last season (so fantastic) but last half a dozen games when we knew we were going up something went awry and we just about went up as champions (I thought that part of the problem was that we were too static and just waited for the ball). Just hope & pray that we've got our poor second half performances out of the way & buckle down. Diop going to far up the pitch worries me. Overall it's a great time to be a Fulham fan!

filham

We need to think on two fronts, what is going to happen over the summer in the transfer market, who will we lose and how can we replace them etc.
Separate from all of that is how are we going to see out the rest of the season and notch up a few wins and produce satisfactory performances.
We have a run of defeats behind us, are now without Mitro for a long period and have been using our best players. Right now tis is where our focus needs to be and just more of the same is not going to be good enough for the immediate matches against West ham and Everton, another two defeats and alarm bells will be ringing. Right now we are on the back foot.

colinwhite

Complacency set in because we were so superior to them for the first half. It shouldn't happen and I don't think it will again.

FFC1987

Depleted squad/starting line up performances, IMO, are predicated on two things. Having a fairly weak in depth squad in key roles, and the fact we play a high demanding press game. It was always going to take its toll on us at some stage.

SP

I wasn't at the game but presumably Bournemouth deserve some credit?

FFC1987

Quote from: SP on April 02, 2023, 02:12:49 PM
I wasn't at the game but presumably Bournemouth deserve some credit?

Watched the game back today. I agree with whoever posted a comment from the Bournemouth forum suggesting they were rather fortunate to still be in the game first half as they offered very little whereas we simply didn't take our chances. They scored a Worldy to get back in the game so fair play to them for that. Great goal but otherwise....we were rather disappointing and looked tired second half. Watched it a few times now and I'm not sure how Leno didn't do better for second goal as well.

But credit where credits due. The Bournemouth manager made some positive subs for second half and both put much needed energy into that struggling side. That said, game should of been over at HT so it's a bit all over the place really.

WindyCity

It's down to the club to fight tooth and nail to keep key players.

THIS!!!  Over the last several months I have posted the same in various threads when the subject of poaching our riches has been discussed.  It's up to FFC ownership/management to keep our best players and coach.  Big challenge for them to do so, but it must be done, AND, in addition to that, the acquisition of more talent as well.  I think we all would like to see a prolonged run in the prem.  Let's hope it's not a "one and done".