watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ziyech Report

Started by South Coast White, April 02, 2023, 03:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

South Coast White

Apparently Fulham ae closely monitoring Chelsea's Hikim Ziyech for a summer move. Personally think this is a good choice. Had a terrific World Cup but out of favour with Potter.

FFC1987

Not sure of source, but I just ran him name through both the google news function, and twitter and almost everywhere it was suggesting he's off to Spurs or Westham.

MickTheBeard

The biggest problem is the 2nd year for clubs is the hardest year to stay up, buying suitable players   Between tonkeys mob and management have to be on same wavelength.Example January window, we had to have backup for fullbacks fair enough but is the guy fro arsenal an improvement no. And the midfielder from Torino who does he replace, he definitely not a dm he is not a replacement for Harrison reed so it leaves ex Man U or Tom cairney. He certainly doesn't look like a 10 goal midfielder where will he play and the full back is not for the future perhaps they should ask brighton or Brentford how to build a team because in my eyes the new players seem misfits, just think Ivan the terrible and kongolo have another year,more money waisted,soon to be added to the list harry Wilson 11 mil well spent.

Sting of the North

Good ramble as always Mick! Lukic is obviously best suited to replace Reed, and that's an area in need of improvement. No one thought he would grab a starting spot immediately. Up to him now to show he has the fight and consistency needed for the PL, because it is easy to see that he has sufficient on the ball quality.

Somerset Fulham

Wasn't he about to sign for PSG in the last window but for a paperwork cock up?

That would be some change in direction to end up with us.

ffcthereligion

Quote from: Sting of the North on April 02, 2023, 05:12:59 PM
Good ramble as always Mick! Lukic is obviously best suited to replace Reed, and that's an area in need of improvement. No one thought he would grab a starting spot immediately. Up to him now to show he has the fight and consistency needed for the PL, because it is easy to see that he has sufficient on the ball quality.

I have noted that many of your posts have consistently made the point that Lukic is bound to replace Reed and is in effect a superior player. That's fine of course and your opinion, and you may well end up being right, but from todays perspective I'm really struggling to understand what it's based on?

SerbianLad

Quote from: ffcthereligion on April 02, 2023, 06:03:26 PM

I have noted that many of your posts have consistently made the point that Lukic is bound to replace Reed and is in effect a superior player. That's fine of course and your opinion, and you may well end up being right, but from todays perspective I'm really struggling to understand what it's based on?
Lukic is a much better passer and offers more going forward, while also being a better tackler. Reed edges him when it comes to stamina. I still think he'll end up replacing him.

He was good against Brentford and very good in the very short cameo yesterday, in my opinion. Still, at the moment Reed is playing really well, he was my MOTM against Manchester United and I thought he had an excellent first half and he deserves to start every match.

Sting of the North

Quote from: ffcthereligion on April 02, 2023, 06:03:26 PM

I hadn't noticed that I posted much about it, but maybe I have. In any case, it is based on the little I have seen of Lukic so far, indicating that he is much more comfortable on the ball than Reed. Other than that I cannot yet say what Lukic' level is, but in my opinion Reed is not good enough to be a regular starter for us at this level. With a few exceptions I think Reed has been consistently somewhere between bang average and really poor for quite some time now (notable exception against Man Utd in the cup where he was excellent). He's our weakest regular starter by far, in my opinion, and we really could do with a player with a more balanced skill set to replace him. So I hope that Lukic is that player, and I suspect that was one of the hopes from the transfer team as well.

Opinions may differ on this one I guess.

Whitestone

Zyech had a great World Cup. He's undoubtedly a good player. My only concern is that we already have an ageing squad so I'm not sure we should be looking to add another 30 year old. Our recruitment team would do well to learn from the likes of Brighton and Brentford. The talent is definitely out there, and at a sensible price, if you look in the right places.

Jims Dentist

No thanks.
Fed up with inverted wingers.

toshes mate

Quote from: Whitestone on April 02, 2023, 10:31:07 PM
Our recruitment team would do well to learn from the likes of Brighton and Brentford. The talent is definitely out there, and at a sensible price, if you look in the right places.
Echo that loudly and long and include the comments about wasted expenses still being paid out long after mistakes were made.  The Club really needs to sort recruitment out so thst we have a plan with options about building the Club just as other clubs have done.  I hate comparative measures between individuals until we have see a run of episodes where players have been uder pressure to deliver - that has certainly shown up at least one incoming joker for the season already - may be three.   And I hate panic buying.

@jolslover

He would be quality. Great player and was one of the most wanted in Europe before going to Chelsea
STH H3

Arthur

Quote from: Whitestone on April 02, 2023, 10:31:07 PMOur recruitment team would do well to learn from the likes of Brighton and Brentford. The talent is definitely out there, and at a sensible price, if you look in the right places.

And we found our fair share of the talent last summer, in my opinion. Leno, Diop, Palhinha, Perreira and Willian for less than £50M is a testament to our recruitment team looking 'in the right places'. Indeed, while reading another club's fans' forum earlier this season (I think it was Wolves), I saw a post in which a supporter wrote that his club should look at the likes of Brighton, Brentford and Fulham to learn how to operate more wisely in the transfer market.

There may still be room for improvement, but let's not overlook that we've done better than many in the last two years.

FFC1987

Quote from: Arthur on April 04, 2023, 12:42:44 PM
Quote from: Whitestone on April 02, 2023, 10:31:07 PMOur recruitment team would do well to learn from the likes of Brighton and Brentford. The talent is definitely out there, and at a sensible price, if you look in the right places.

And we found our fair share of the talent last summer, in my opinion. Leno, Diop, Palhinha, Perreira and Willian for less than £50M is a testament to our recruitment team looking 'in the right places'. Indeed, while reading another club's fans' forum earlier this season (I think it was Wolves), I saw a post in which a supporter wrote that his club should look at the likes of Brighton, Brentford and Fulham to learn how to operate more wisely in the transfer market.

There may still be room for improvement, but let's not overlook that we've done better than many in the last two years.

Was talking to a Spurs and Liverpool fans last night and both couldn't believe how cheap Robinson and Tete were as well.......When you consider some think they are the, if not one, of the best players in their positions, and we got both for around 5m euros.....staggering good business on top of what you just said.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: FFC1987 on April 04, 2023, 12:45:34 PM
Quote from: Arthur on April 04, 2023, 12:42:44 PM

Was talking to a Spurs and Liverpool fans last night and both couldn't believe how cheap Robinson and Tete were as well.......When you consider some think they are the, if not one, of the best players in their positions, and we got both for around 5m euros.....staggering good business on top of what you just said.

I agree we've spent pretty well over the past few windows, especially in terms of value for money. Maybe some didn't work out but none of those were costly. We're still paying the price for the failures from several windows ago, but the lesson has been learnt.