watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Very Nice

Started by Peabody, April 04, 2023, 12:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

here a link to a page that explains how to set "night mode" on different browsers...

https://uk.pcmag.com/browsers/135885/how-to-enable-dark-mode-on-your-browser

presumably you cab set "day mode" the same sort of way?

EastEndWhite

Quote from: BestOfBrede on April 06, 2023, 09:41:03 PMYes very nice and very much appreciated.
A question though...

Why do adverts appear on each and every opening of a thread?
It certainly didn't happen previously.

If you're referring to the ad that pops up at the bottom of the page.  I had also noticed them and have to say I find them irritating as they obscure part of the thread until you 'close' them.  The other ads on the page don't bother me as they get in the way of any posts.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: EastEndWhite on April 07, 2023, 10:00:57 AM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on April 06, 2023, 09:41:03 PMYes very nice and very much appreciated.
A question though...

Why do adverts appear on each and every opening of a thread?
It certainly didn't happen previously.

If you're referring to the ad that pops up at the bottom of the page.  I had also noticed them and have to say I find them irritating as they obscure part of the thread until you 'close' them.  The other ads on the page don't bother me as they get in the way of any posts.
Yes that's exactly what I'm referring to EastEnd
It never happened prior to the upgrade?

RaySmith

A bit churlish to complain after all the work JC's put in?

Some of those ads can be useful anyway - I bought a gun the other day.

Actually I did clink on the link - it wasn't a real gun, sadly - some sort of lazer gun I think.

Woolly Mammoth

These adverts can get in the way sometimes, but they can also come in handy.
As i managed to purchase a Ventriloquist Dummy, a full size adult Skeleton, a  Flame Thrower,  a Bazooka and a Water Cannon, and last but not least a copy of the Dead Sea Scrolls.
So i probably would not have been able to find elsewhere so easily.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 08, 2023, 11:16:20 AMThese adverts can get in the way sometimes, but they can also come in handy.
As i managed to purchase a Ventriloquist Dummy, a full size adult Skeleton, a  Flame Thrower,  a Bazooka and a Water Cannon, Gelignite and last but not least a copy of the Dead Sea Scrolls.
So i probably would not have been able to find elsewhere so easily.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Bill2

Well it appears I am in minority here.
Firstly I am grateful for all the work done to give us this forum. I am on the site virtually every day whereever I might be.
Anyway some points:
1. Can we have the ability to return to the main General Discussion from the bottom of each page as we did. Very useful after posting as you are always on the bottom of the page.
2. I see the number of posts made by anyone has gone from their name. It can be found by clicking on the name but!!! I found this very useful spotting rogue fans normally after tickets for the big games.
3. The flag by each post where you had made a comment on has gone. Liked this as it allowed me to scroll down to see if anyone else had commented.
Apologies for being a bit picky comes from working in system testing for several years.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: RaySmith on April 08, 2023, 02:03:39 AMA bit churlish to complain after all the work JC's put in?

Actually I did clink on the link - it wasn't a real gun, sadly - some sort of lazer gun I think.
Who's complaining?
I stated how nice the new forum is and just asked about the ads!

WhiteJC

Quote from: BestOfBrede on April 08, 2023, 12:08:23 PM
Quote from: RaySmith on April 08, 2023, 02:03:39 AMA bit churlish to complain after all the work JC's put in?

Who's complaining?
I stated how nice the new forum is and just asked about the ads!

I think he was making a joke

by-the-by I don't see it as complaining, there are going to be some changes that are popular, some things will be missing as that's just what happens when "stuff" is upgraded

if there are things that can be changed or added to make the site easier to use then I'll do my best to make it happen

please continue to make requests ::thumb::

BestOfBrede

Thank you for your responses WhiteJC, appreciated.
And thanks for all your hard work.
 ::scarf::