watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pressure

Started by Chrisjo, April 07, 2023, 12:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisjo

Sky Sports and David Moyes are really 'bigging up' how important West Hams match against us is. If West Ham lose then Moyes goes but if they win he probably stays and Fulham have to all intents and purposes let him off the hook. Do you think this puts as much pressure on Fulham as it does West Ham as we obviously want a good result to halt what has been a recent poor run of form?

RaySmith

There's always pressure, especially after a few bad results - I'm sure Marco feels it, but more on WHU, just above relegation zone, and vocal set of fans on manager and team's back.

But, yes, a tough pressurised game for both sides, WHU should be really going for it with fans behind them, we need to withstand their pressure, put the pressure on them, and  our own fans to be loud - should be a hard fought London derby.
COYW!!!

bobbo

Quote from: Chrisjo on April 07, 2023, 12:14:06 PMSky Sports and David Moyes are really 'bigging up' how important West Hams match against us is. If West Ham lose then Moyes goes but if they win he probably stays and Fulham have to all intents and purposes let him off the hook. Do you think this puts as much pressure on Fulham as it does West Ham as we obviously want a good result to halt what has been a recent poor run of form?
I think no . Because the players are professionals and will def not be considering David moyes . However I think he's a very decent manager and having sat immediately in front of me just a few years back was quite chatty and friendly so I hope he doesn't lose his job , but not of course at the expense of us losing to them .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

KJS

Pressure? If they lose Moyes gets sacked with a big cheque so that's not pressure🙄

Woolly Mammoth

By the end of the season Cods Eyes will be up in Grimsby completely covered in flour laying on a Fishmonger's Slab between a Lobster  🦞 and a Giant Squid 🦑.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Just imagine a first half hat trick from Vinicius that would take all pressure off him for a while.

But having said that it is more than just goals we need from him, it is the ability to win balls in midfield both in the air and on the ground, he seems to be losing the majority of these tussles.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: filham on April 07, 2023, 02:49:59 PMJust imagine a first half hat trick from Vinicius that would take all pressure off him for a while.

But having said that it is more than just goals we need from him, it is the ability to win balls in midfield both in the air and on the ground, he seems to be losing the majority of these tussles.

I've not spoken any thoughts on Vinny but this is my issue with him. He's a big guy and he should be able to give defenders a torrid time of it, even if he isn't Mitro.  But he doesn't, he seems to be very passive when it comes to holding up  or winning the ball and we don't play that way.

perry geyton

They always seem to get lucky against us West Ham, either a refereeing decision or a lucky goal,

filham

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on April 07, 2023, 03:18:26 PM
Quote from: filham on April 07, 2023, 02:49:59 PMJust imagine a first half hat trick from Vinicius that would take all pressure off him for a while.

I've not spoken any thoughts on Vinny but this is my issue with him. He's a big guy and he should be able to give defenders a torrid time of it, even if he isn't Mitro.  But he doesn't, he seems to be very passive when it comes to holding up  or winning the ball and we don't play that way.
After conceding those five goals confidence will not be high in the West Ham defense, Vinni should be among them causing havoc from the word go. He has now had an amount of game time and this may be his last chance to make a mark.

Mr White

Quote from: perry geyton on April 07, 2023, 03:55:54 PMThey always seem to get lucky against us West Ham, either a refereeing decision or a lucky goal,

Yeah sickening isn't it, there probably get a 93rd winning penalty.

Woolly Mammoth

I would like to think that history means nothing now, it is all about today.
We have the ability to beat West Ham if we show up
and give their defence a lot to worry about.
We must test their keeper as well as their defence and don't give them hope where there isn't any.
 We need the likes of Reed and Palinho in the middle breaking up attacks like a pair of Bull Dogs, we need bust players with energy.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mr White on April 07, 2023, 10:43:49 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on April 07, 2023, 03:55:54 PMThey always seem to get lucky against us West Ham, either a refereeing decision or a lucky goal,

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 08, 2023, 01:00:14 PMI would like to think that history means nothing now, it is all about today.
We have the ability to beat West Ham if we show up
and give their defence a lot to worry about.
We must test their keeper as well as their defence and don't give them hope where there isn't any.
 We need the likes of Reed and Palhinha in the middle breaking up attacks like a pair of Bull Dogs, we need bust players with energy.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

After match forum facts

If Fulham lose today. Fulham will be relegated and West Ham safe

If it is a draw. West Ham will be safe and Fulham will be relegated

If Fulham win. Fulham will play in Europe next season and West Ham will be relegated
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.

Mr White

Or a 22nd minute own goal with a suspect handball,yeah sickening.