watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham to join pre-season tournament in USA late July

Started by love4ffc, April 10, 2023, 10:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

For those of us in the USA or for those who might be traveling through July.  Looks like Leeds has pulled out of the USA preseason tournament and Fulham have joined to replace them.  The last time Fulham were in the States we had a nice meet up in Florida with Logicalman and Rogerpinvirginia  ::scarf::   ::wine::

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

ChesterTheTabby

Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

filham

That sounds good , should help PR in the States, make us match fit for the start of the season and be a treat for our fans in the States.

It may also encourage TK to complete the summer transfers at an early date.

WindyCity

Quote from: filham on April 11, 2023, 11:10:22 AMIt may also encourage TK to complete the summer transfers at an early date.

Ha, that ain't happenin'......

love4ffc

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2023/april/11/fulham-to-compete-in-premier-league-summer-series/ 

The clubs confirmed to feature in the Premier League Summer Series are Aston Villa, Brentford, Brighton & Hove Albion, Chelsea, Fulham and Newcastle United. They will compete in a total of nine matches between Saturday 22 July and Sunday 30 July at stadiums in Atlanta, GA, Harrison, NJ, Orlando, FL, Philadelphia, PA and Landover, MD.

Fulham will play the following three matches during our time in the States:

• Sunday 23 July: versus Brentford at Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia
  • Wednesday 26 July: versus Aston Villa at Exploria Stadium, Orlando
  • Sunday 30 July: versus Chelsea at FedEx Field, Landover, Maryland

love4ffc

The tournament kicks off on Saturday 22 July when Chelsea take on Brighton & Hove Albion at Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia. Tickets for all matches will be available via pre-sale on Tuesday 25 April and go on general sale on Wednesday 26 April. Fans can register their interest now via premierleague.com/SummerSeries and can also register to hear more about supporting events in their area, as well as general news updates.

bobbo

Yeah sounds nice and I guess all the player etc will be travelling business class courtesy of the new season ticket prices.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Somerset Fulham

I don't usually agree with any of this touring bollocks in pre-season but this one does actually look quite good.

SP

I wonder how much local interest there'll be in the FFC v Brentford fixture?

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I wonder why Leeds dropped out and also if the games will be available in this country?

MisfitKid

Bummer, nothing on the Left Coast...   ::cool::
Hopefully it will be on the tube.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

love4ffc

Quote from: MisfitKid on April 11, 2023, 08:23:47 PMBummer, nothing on the Left Coast...   ::cool::
Hopefully it will be on the tube.

I was surprised that there wasn't at least one match in LA. 

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

The Brentford game is about 2.5 hours away
Chelsea game about 3.5 hours away.

I can envisage a Florida repeat.
See you there, Tony, Don (2 Dons) and others.

Exciting.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

love4ffc

An update on ticket pricing for those who are thinking about attending any of the matches in the States during the summer tour.

I have a friend who is a season ticket holder for the Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta.  Just for context he pays for "club" level tickets that I'm guessing would be comparable to the middle of the riverside stands.  Though I know he is not paying 3k for one seat. 

Pricing for a seat in his area (section 111 for those who want to look it up) is $250 + fees.  That is for a double-header of Brentford v Brighton & Chelsea v Newcastle.  The next section over, which does not have the club level amenities, is going for $150.  I think those seats would be comparable to the middle section of JH stand. 

Based on that I would guess those prices are what could be expected for the double-header in Maryland that includes Fulham v Chelsea. 

• Sunday 23 July: versus Brentford at Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia
  • Wednesday 26 July: versus Aston Villa at Exploria Stadium, Orlando
  • Sunday 30 July: versus Chelsea at FedEx Field, Landover, Maryland

love4ffc

One thing I know is that some of my friends are willing to pay more as they will not be paying for travel and hotels.  So, they are more willing to spend more to see Premier League teams.   Especially when one of those teams is Newcastle.  Not because of Newcastle but because Miguel Almirón played here in Atlanta and is considered a cult hero for everything he did for Atlanta United.  Including winning the league. 

TheRealMB

I'm pretty excited.  After being an avid follower since the McBride days, finally was in a position in my life to make my first trip to England and the cottage this year (unfortunately was our recent fixture against the gooners).  Now I have an opportunity to see them again in the same year, yes please. 

The cost doesn't bother me.  Professional sports here are all out of control cost wise.   There is not much you can go to in the states these days where you don't have to drop a few hundred.