more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff - 11/04/23...

Started by WhiteJC, April 11, 2023, 12:04:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Injury expert shares Everton update ahead of Fulham Premier League clash

Everton are set to be without three first-team players for their Premier League fixture against Fulham on Saturday 15 April, according to injury expert, Ben Dinnery.

Dinnery has suggested Dominic Calvert-Lewin is "ruled out" of the fixture at Goodison Park with a hamstring problem (Premier Injuries). Andros Townsend is a long-term absentee and won't feature, along with Abdoulaye Doucoure, who is suspended.

Seamus Coleman sustained a knock during the 2-0 loss to Manchester United and Dinnery rates the defender's chances of playing at "50 per cent". Ruben Vinagre is back on grass after his Achilles injury but is still a doubt for the fixture against Marco Silva's side.

Must win
Fulham have lost four Premier League fixtures in a row and are enduring a really tough run of form at present. There's a golden chance for Everton to get three points on the board and it's an opportunity which cannot be passed up.

West Ham were the latest team to beat the Londoners and if Everton can produce another energetic home display, they stand an excellent chance of picking up all three points.

Calvert-Lewin's injury problems are seemingly never-ending. The 26-year-old has been a constant feature in the treatment room over the past year and his absence is causing the Toffees problems.

Ellis Simms has done well when he's been called upon, but it seems unfair to pin all of Everton's goalscoring hopes on a Premier League rookie, who has spent the majority of his career in the EFL. Sean Dyche will be hoping the England international can get back to somewhere near full fitness for the run-in.

https://www.goodisonnews.com/2023/04/10/injury-expert-shares-everton-update-ahead-of-fulham-premier-league-clash/

WhiteJC

Willian defends goal-shy Vinicius but admits that missing Mitrović is a 'great' player

Fulham winger Willian has leaped to the defence of Vinicius but admitted that the team is missing Aleksandar Mitrovic who is currently serving an eight-match ban.

Vinicius has fired two blanks since deputising for the Serbian centre-forward and was largely anonymous against West Ham on Saturday as the Cottagers lost their FIFTH game on the bounce.

Ex-Chelsea star Willian told Capital Football: "With Vinicius we tried hard to move the ball and have contact with him.

"Sometimes we didn't do that, but we created some chances, playing between the lines.

"He made a great pass to Andreas (Perreira). But it's part of football sometimes. It can just not be your day and then other times it is."

Yet having or not having Mitrović leading your line can change the complexion of the game as the two-time Premier League winner said: "Aleksandar is a good player, a great player for us. But yeah, we have players with whom we can find a way to play well and still win games.

"We will try to improve in training and will look to win the games ahead, we have been good this season, and played some good football.

"And we want to get back to our best level. Of course we don't want the season to end on a down, nobody wants that."

https://www.capitalfootball.co.uk/single-post/willian-defends-goal-shy-vinicius-but-admits-that-missing-mitrovi%C4%87-is-a-great-player

WhiteJC

FA should make an example of Constantine Hatzidakis like they did with Aleksandar Mitrovic

Liverpool legend John Aldridge has his say on assistant referee Constantine Hatzidakis appearing to elbow Andy Robertson, in part one of his weekly ECHO column

I've only seen pictures of the incident between Andy Robertson and the assistant referee, I haven't seen it up close, so I have to say that first. But to see a linesman, not a player but a linesman, actually do that, it's unbelievable. It's unbelievable.

And the fact that he thought he could get away with it! That is just ludicrous.

It is something I used to do as a player. It's ridiculous if you think about it. As a player in our day, if a centre-back went through me, I would do that to him and the referee wouldn't see it.

That's the way it was in our day, it was all guns blazing with retaliation, but no-one would see it because there were no cameras.

I think he's done. They've got to make an example of him. The people at the FA are like proper school teachers with discipline. He's supposed to be a disciplinarian. It's unbelievable to be quite honest.

Look, I've done it, I've reacted, but for an official to do it is madness. Absolute madness. So they've got to make an example of him and I'm sure his punishment is going to be very, very heavy.

In what form, I don't know but if it's good enough for the players, like Aleksandar Mitrovic, it's more than good enough for officials and even more so. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Tragedy chanting has to stop
Credit to the opposing fans for once. I actually sat at a game and I didn't hear any obscenities. Credit to the Arsenal fans for the minute's silence, which should happen anyway.

But I'm so sick of sitting in that stand and listening to the s**t from other fans that makes my stomach churn. Yesterday we didn't have to go through that.

In my opinion, there's only one way to stop tragedy chanting. We had some of our allocation taken off us at Man City for the coin throw.

Going forward, there's only one way. Any team that sings it, be it at their ground or our ground, our fans need to video it because that video evidence always helps. If they sing about our tragedy, the club should dock their ticket allocation at Anfield.

Dock it and keep on docking it the more they do it. Don't give them the tickets. It might come to the point when the good supporters, who will suffer unfortunately, but the good supporters they have will stop the s**thouses from doing it.

They're getting hurt as well and that's the only way I think we can stop it. Limit their allocations.

Limit their allocation for any obscenities, be it at their ground or our ground. Get the evidence. The stewards are there, the fans are there who are having to hear it all the time. Just get it on video, send it to the club.

If the top brasses aren't going to do anything, then the club should limit the allocations. Take 30%, take 50% of their allocation. And if they do it the next time, take another 30% off them. They'll soon stop it and they'll soon get the message because good supporters will suffer.

The club, Spirit of Shankly, me and Forever Reds, everyone should get together and sort this out because it can't keep going on. It sickens me to the stomach, what they are doing to the fans as well. It's very important that something gets done and we don't just sit and let nothing get done.

Hope I'm wrong about Arsenal
First half was Liverpool away from home. Second half was Liverpool at home. First half we still had three bang on chances. We took one but had three sitters.

Arsenal did well. They took their chances. Our defending early on was chronic, absolutely chronic. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. But all of a sudden they got to grips with it.

And the type of defending that you want to see is Konate second half. He was getting the ball and going through the man. They were the challenges you've been expecting from us the last few years, full-hearted, 100%, getting the ball. Get the player if the player is in the way as well.

The second half was so, so much better. They got on the front foot and if Mo's got his shooting boots on we win and we win comfortably. They then only had chances when we were going for broke.

It was a great spectacle for the Premier League. It was no surprise there were loads of goals and they're a really good side. They've got good youthful players and are really good going forward.

I want them to win the league but, unfortunately, I think yesterday showed that little something they lack which is why they're going to fail. I hope I'm wrong there, I have to say. I'd like Arsenal to win the league. They're an historic club and they've done it the right way, but I think Man City are just finding their way now.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fa-should-make-example-constantine-26666227

WhiteJC

Injury expert shares Fulham update ahead of Everton Premier League fixture

Fulham are set to be without three first-team players for their Premier League clash against Everton, according to injury expert, Ben Dinnery.

The West Londoners have lost their last four matches and are enduring a tough run of form for the first time this season.

Marco Silva will be without Aleksandar Mitrovic, with the Serbian currently serving an eight-game suspension after he was sent off against Manchester United.

Layvin Kurzawa is also sidelined and Dinnery doesn't expect the former PSG man to return until 22 April (Premier injuries). Neeskens Kebano is also a long-term absentee from Silva's squad.

Make it count
Everton have to make their home games count and they're coming up against a team who are dreadfully out of form. Furthermore, the Toffees have been largely impressive at home under the former Burnley boss. The loss to Manchester United was disappointing, but it's important it's not taken out of context.

Erik ten Hag's side are rarely beaten at Old Trafford and considering the gulf in quality between the two teams, a defeat was to be expected.

With Crystal Palace also coming up, there's a chance for the Toffees to put some distance between themselves and the bottom three. There are a number of teams struggling for form at present which means a run of wins could well be significant.

Mitrovic is certainly a big loss for Fulham. The Serbian is a focal point for Silva's men and can cause problems against whoever he comes up against. A solid performance and three more points is a must on Saturday (15 April).

https://www.goodisonnews.com/2023/04/10/injury-expert-shared-fulham-update-ahead-of-everton-premier-league-fixture/

WhiteJC

Leeds United affected as David Ornstein drops breaking Fulham news update

Leeds United have been replaced by Fulham for the upcoming Premier League pre-season tournament in America, David Ornstein reports.

The Athletic journalist had shared news earlier on Monday (10 April) that the Whites were pencilled in to join Chelsea, Newcastle, Brentford, Aston Villa and Brighton in the six-team "summer series" dependent on top flight survival, calling it a "huge opportunity for all six teams involved to expand their fanbase and boost their commercial appeal".

But he has now reported that the club have lost out, with the Cottagers announced as their replacements for the July tournament.

Ornstein took to Twitter on Monday night with the breaking update: "Fulham have replaced Leeds United in Premier League 'summer series' pre-season tournament in USA.

"LUFC were lined up but current standing has seen them drop out & Fulham come in – alongside Aston Villa, Brentford FC, Brighton, Chelsea + Newcastle".

Disappoinment
This will come as a significant blow to Leeds United, and especially due to the US marketing opportunities that would have been available to the 49ers ownership who are expected to take over in the summer.

The club being caught up in a relegation battle for the second consecutive season clearly has not been beneficial in any way at Elland Road and here is just one more negative consequence.

Javi Gracia looked to have the club on the road to safety before the alarming 5-1 collapse against Crystal Palace on Sunday (9 April).

And it may be that the result has shaken the league's confidence in the Spaniard being able to complete his task, at least before the final days of the league season.

Instead, they clearly aren't waiting around to find out and have instead opted to go for another American-owned club that is in no danger of dropping back into the Championship.

Shahid Khan's Fulham are safely up in 10th place and will now enjoy the benefits of involvement in the pre-season competition.

https://motleedsnews.com/news/leeds-united-affected-as-david-ornstein-drops-breaking-fulham-news-update/

WhiteJC

Fulham poised to be part of Premier League's US 'Summer Series'
Fulham are poised to take Leeds United's place in the Premier League's planned American pre-season tournament, according to The Athletic's David Ornstein.

The Whites are set to the major beneficiaries of the ongoing doubts over Leeds' place in the top flight next season. With the Yorkshire club deep into a battle against the drop after Sunday's thrashing by Crystal Palace, the Athletic claims that the Premier League are preparing to publicly announce their plans for a 'summer series' across the Atlantic this week. Despite losing five games in a row, Fulham are still sitting comfortably in mid-table on 39 points having exceeded the pundits' expectations upon their return to the top flight.

The Cottagers are considered a marketable entity in the United States by the Premier League powerbrokers for a number of reasons. The club are owned by the Khan family, who also own the NFL franchise the Jacksonville Jaguars, and have a sizeable following Stateside after establishing themselves as place where promising American talent could gain experience of English football during their thirteen year stay in the top flight between 2001 and 2014. Fulham's currently starting line up features two leading American internationals in defenders Tim Ream and Antonee Robinson.

Fulham are set to join Aston Villa, Brighton and Hove Albion, Chelsea and Newcastle United in a tournament that is due to take place on the east coast of the United States at the end of July. It would represent the club's first fixtures in the United States since a two-match tour of the country back in 2014.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/04/fulham-poised-to-be-part-of-premier-leagues-us-summer-series/