watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Brighton Apology

Started by The Old Count, April 11, 2023, 08:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Count

So Brighton get an apology for the penalty not given. Where's our apology for the penalty not given against Man U along with all of the other bad decisions that we've had.

SP

I'm sure Brighton have had a few apologies this season?

Some of their fans are seriously worried about the officiating of their FA Cup semifinal & a concern Utd will get preferential treatment.

Rupert

Quote from: SP on April 11, 2023, 08:30:40 PMI'm sure Brighton have had a few apologies this season?

Some of their fans are seriously worried about the officiating of their FA Cup semifinal & a concern Utd will get preferential treatment.

Well, just so long as they are not the same fans who were laughing at us for getting into a strop over the way Mitro was treated, then they have my sympathy.

If they are the same fans, then what goes around comes around.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Andy S

What good is an apology. It's a points game and points make prize money.

toshes mate

The apology was from VAR controller who looked at the call and still, apparently, got it wrong.

Bill2

According to the ex ref numpties who come on the TV or paper to defend  their colleagues, every decision is right against us

alfie

Quote from: toshes mate on April 13, 2023, 11:10:14 AMThe apology was from VAR controller who looked at the call and still, apparently, got it wrong.
Ex ref Dermot what's his name, said the west ham hand ball was not given by var as it did not directly lead to a goal, what an absolute load of Tosh, if he had not used his hands then the ball would not have been in the same position to hit the ball into the box.
I'm sick of these ex refs making excuses for their maté's failures.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

FFC1987

Quote from: alfie on April 13, 2023, 12:35:14 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on April 13, 2023, 11:10:14 AMThe apology was from VAR controller who looked at the call and still, apparently, got it wrong.
Ex ref Dermot what's his name, said the west ham hand ball was not given by var as it did not directly lead to a goal, what an absolute load of Tosh, if he had not used his hands then the ball would not have been in the same position to hit the ball into the box.
I'm sick of these ex refs making excuses for their maté's failures.

Made this point in another post but these guys crawling out the woodwork highlight whats wrong with officiating in this country. Borderline dreadful refs from the past now ruling the asylum and we wonder why its at, nearly an all time low. Couple that with overly protective unions protecting poor practice and its plain to see why its at an all time low despite having more access to technology to help them.

Refs want more help......but only on their terms. An example. 'We want respect like Rugby ref's get'. Ok, well mic yourself up every game so everyone can hear whats said and we can work towards that. 'No thanks'. Makes you wonder why......covers up incidences where players react to say, a ref telling a player to 'f*ck off'......

toshes mate

Quote from: FFC1987 on April 14, 2023, 11:36:40 AMMade this point in another post but these guys crawling out the woodwork highlight whats wrong with officiating in this country. Borderline dreadful refs from the past now ruling the asylum and we wonder why its at, nearly an all time low. Couple that with overly protective unions protecting poor practice and its plain to see why its at an all time low despite having more access to technology to help them.

Refs want more help......but only on their terms. An example. 'We want respect like Rugby ref's get'. Ok, well mic yourself up every game so everyone can hear whats said and we can work towards that. 'No thanks'. Makes you wonder why......covers up incidences where players react to say, a ref telling a player to 'f*ck off'......
We can deduce that when Hawkeye, Ultra Edge, and video reviews were introduced into other sports (e.g. rugby, cricket, tennis, hockey etc) it wasn't because the officiating was already crap.  It was because the game would further benefit from improved calls when real time controversy arose. AND, the authorities thought to include the public in being able to understand the due process.

The FA couldn't give a sh*t about anybody other than their membership mates and their take home pay for doing sweet FA by not rocking boats even when injustice really hurts somebody else.

They are a bunch of absolute frauds.