more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff - 14/04/23...

Started by WhiteJC, April 13, 2023, 11:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Liverpool scouting 27-year-old, Reds have a strong relationship with his agency

Liverpool have been linked with a move for the Fulham midfielder Joao Palhinha.

The 27-year-old Portuguese international has been a revelation since joining Fulham from Sporting CP.

Pakhinha has established himself as a top-class Premier League midfielder and his performances have attracted the attention of Liverpool.

A report from Football Insider claims that the Reds have been scouting the 27-year-old regularly and they could like to make a move for him at the end of the season. The report further states that Liverpool have a strong relationship with the player's agency, which is owned by super-agent Jorge Mendes.

It will be interesting to see if Fulham are prepared to sell their star midfielder this summer. Palhinha has been a key player for the London club and they are likely to demand a premium for him.

Liverpool are in need of a quality defensive midfielder and Palhinha would be a superb acquisition. The midfielder is at the peak of his career and he could make an immediate impact at Anfield. He is used to English football by now.

Liverpool are set to lose players like Naby Keita, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, and James Milner when their contracts expire in the summer. The Reds will have to bring in quality replacements, and Palhinha would certainly be a smart addition.

The opportunity to play for a big club like Liverpool will be an attractive option for the player and he is likely to be keen on the move. Fulham paid a fee of around £17 million for the midfielder at the start of the season and it remains to be seen whether they are ready to sell him for a reasonable price.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2023/04/13/liverpool-scouting-27-year-old-reds-have-a-strong-relationship-with-his-agency/

WhiteJC

Fulham: Layvin Kurzawa expected to leave
The Frenchman has been unlucky with injuries since signing from PSG.

Fulham defender Layvin Kurzawa, currently on loan from Paris-Saint Germain, is expected to leave and return to his parent club this summer.

What's the latest Fulham transfer news?
It could be a crucial summer for both Marco Silva and the Whites board as they look to build upon their solid debut season back in the Premier League.

The Craven Cottage side started off brightly and have done enough to earn a second successive campaign back in the top flight, though recent results have exposed some glaring weaknesses to be fixed.

Indeed, Fulham supporters have not seen their side win a single league game since they beat Brighton back in mid-Febuary, with the west Londoners losing their last four matches against Brentford, Arsenal, Bournemouth and West Ham.

In that time, they've conceded nine goals against with only three scored themselves - potentially highlighting the need for a summer shake-up. Of the players linked with a move, FC Porto star Mateus Uribe, Roma's Chris Smalling and Chelsea winger Hakim Ziyech are among the names recently mentioned.

In terms of exits, some players will need to make way for new arrivals, with Kurzawa firmly on the chopping block. According to French news outlet Le10sport, it is believed Fulham will not attempt to sign the left-back permanently and he seems set to return to PSG upon the expiry of his loan spell.

Kurzawa has apparently dissatisfied the Cottagers with his season overall, with the outlet explaining:

"Loaned this season to Fulham, the defender has not given satisfaction, and should return to Paris this summer, where his contract runs until June 2024."

The 30-year-old has been very unlucky since signing for Silva, spending the majority of his time on the treatment table and missing out on a fair few matchday squads.

Kurzawa is currently out of action with a sideband tear and his numerous weeks spent in rehab have ultimately given the player little chance to prove his worth.

That being said, the defender has dazzled at rare points, perhaps most notably scoring a brace and grabbing an assist during Fulham's FA Cup campaign this year.

Silva certainly rates Kurzawa, having called him a 'top, top player' whilst predicting that he could hand the team a different dimension.

However, his latest injury setback appears to have been the final straw for Fulham chiefs, who now seem set to let him return to the French capital.

https://www.footballfancast.com/fulham-news-transfers-layvin-kurzawa-premier-league/

WhiteJC

Arsenal target Joao Palhinha tells Gunners fan to support Fulham

Reported Arsenal target Joao Palhinha has joked with a young Gunners supporter that they need to start supporting Fulham.

Fulham have posted a video on their social media showing Joao Palhinha visiting a session put on by the club's foundation.

In the clip posted, Palhinha asked a youngster who they supported. And when the answer came back that he was an Arsenal fan, the Portuguese insisted that he needs to start following Fulham.

Joao Palhinha reacts to meeting young Arsenal supporter
The light-hearted interaction is interesting because it comes just a few weeks after reports Arsenal are interested in signing Palhinha off the back of his outstanding campaign with Marco Silva's men.

It is remarkable to think now that Fulham signed the 27-year-old for just £17 million.

He has been a key reason the Cottagers go into the final handful of games this season with absolutely no concerns over what division they will be in next year. They are currently the side keeping Chelsea out of the top-half.

It has been suggested that he will now cost over £40 million. But Arsenal will certainly want to strengthen significantly in the summer.

Whatever happens over the remainder of the season, the Gunners are surely going to be back in the Champions League next year. And midfield is arguably one area where they need more depth.

The likes of Thomas Partey, Granit Xhaka and Martin Odegaard have been exceptional. And Jorginho has proved to be a decent signing.

It would be no surprise to see Fulham receive offers for Palhinha when the window arrives. But they will not want to be dragged into a relegation battle next year. So they will be desperate to keep their best players.

But Arsenal may be difficult to turn down if they come calling.

https://tbrfootball.com/arsenal-target-joao-palhinha-tells-gunners-fan-to-support-fulham/

WhiteJC

Sources: Fulham pull the plug on deal to sign Rory MacLeod after agreement

Fulham have pulled out of a move to sign Dundee United sensation Rory MacLeod, sources have told Football Insider.

The two clubs announced a collaboration in January 2022 which centres around the sharing of academy coaches and intelligence.

As a result, MacLeod was expected to become the first player to move between the two clubs since the agreement was struck.

The collaboration includes matches between the two clubs at academy level to help aid development and progress, and the 17-year-old was viewed highly by both clubs' set of coaches.

MacLeod visited Fulham's headquarters and was expected to move to Craven Cottage this summer, but the Londoners have now pulled the plug on a potential deal.

MacLeod has burst into the first team at Dundee United this season, making eight appearances in the Scottish Premiership in the 2022/23 season.

All eight of his appearances have come as brief substitute cameos, with his latest appearance a five-minute stint against Ross County back in February.

The Dundee-born forward signed his first professional deal with the club in 2021 at 15 years old.

Just one year later, he became the club's youngest-ever player in February 2022 when he came off the bench in a 2-0 win over Motherwell.

MacLeod also has admirers within the Scottish national team, with his first call-up coming in 2021 to the Scotland Under-16s. He was promoted and called up to the Scotland Under-17s in February 2022

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-fulham-pull-the-plug-on-deal-to-sign-rory-macleod-after-agreement/

WhiteJC

Issa Diop or Tosin: who should be first-choice centre-back?

In his debut piece, Malcolm Eisenhardt tries to settle the season-long debate: who is best-placed to partner Tim Ream?

Fulham's hugely successful season has seen Marco Silva make very few unforced changes to his starting XI, only making alterations for injuries and suspensions. Most notably, Carlos Vinicius has replaced the injured or suspended Mitrovic, Saša Lukić has filled in for João Palhinha after he reached 10 yellow cards, and Bobby De Cordova-Reid replaced the injured Kenny Tete for five games at right-back. However, there is one anomaly within Silva's squad selections: Issa Diop and Tosin Adarabioyo.

With neither player having any injuries, the stats show that our Portuguese mastermind can't quite choose between the two Fulham giants. Tosin has started 16 Premier League games this season, compared to Issa's 20, and they have both started five games each against the current top six. Silva evidently trusts both players to perform against the toughest opponents that the Prem has to offer, but who do the statistics favour?

Why choose Diop?
The French giant has a wealth of Premier League experience and despite a disappointing end to his West Ham career, amounted 121 appearances for the Hammers. He has 115 Premier League appearances, 85 Ligue 1 appearances, and seven Europa League appearances. The 26-year-old cost Shahid Khan approximately £15m this summer, and he has proved to be a very useful signing for the Whites.

Tosin Adarabioyo started the first nine games of the season but since then, Issa has had the majority of starts. There is good reason for this. The Frenchmen has been better with the ball at his feet, and boasts a PL pass completion rate of 85%, four percentage points higher than his competition. Marco Silva's system involves a strict policy to play out from the back and with Tosin being dispossessed four times more than his French counterpart, I understand why Issa has enjoyed most of the playing time since matchday 10.

Despite having started five more games, Issa possesses six clean sheets and has conceded just nineteen goals in his seventeen starts (1.1 goal per start). This enormously overshadows Tosin's two clean sheets in fourteen starts, conceding twenty-six goals (1.9 goal per start).

Why choose Tosin?
The 25-year-old Mancunian fashionista has proved himself as a reliable centre-back for Marco Silva across the last two seasons. A product of the Manchester City youth set-up, Tosin has been publicly praised by Pep Guardiola, whom he trained under during his time as a Cityzen. Last year, Tosin was voted into the PFA and EFL Championship team of the season after a stellar campaign in which he earned 14 clean sheets, conceding just 43 goals in 41 games.

Adarabioyo maintains a serious case for the starting shirt. The Manchester City graduate has won 75% of his headers across all competitions this campaign, comfortably outperforming Diop's 62%. He also has a significantly better points per game ratio than Issa, currently standing at 1.65 points per start, compared to Issa's 1.25. To put this into perspective, Tosin's ratio earns 57 points per season, and Issa's 48. Translated into the 2021/22 PL season, Tosin's Fulham ratio would finish just one point below Manchester United in seventh, dwarfing Issa's 13th place finish.

Who would I start?
In my opinion, the statistics lean in favour of Issa Diop, with fewer goals conceded and more clean sheets. He has greater Premier League experience and I have greater trust in him, especially considering our style of play. However, Tosin has still played a significant role in our season, directly helping the squad amass 24 of their 39 points. Tosin is an extremely valuable player, and I can't imagine us finding a player of his quality and age without a hefty price tag.

Ultimately, they are both sound options, but I would opt for the Frenchman as my first choice. However, after Tosin's man of the match performance versus West Ham on the weekend, the importance of rotating the two centre-backs shone through. It drives competition and ensures both players are properly rested.

The contract situations
After signing on a three-year deal worth £6.3 million in 2020, the Fulham board opted to activate a one-year extension clause in January this year, meaning Tosin will remain at the cottage until summer 2024. In his three-year spell, he is closing in on a century of appearances for the Whites.

Diop's signed on a five-year deal last summer worth around £18 million, expiring in June of 2027. His contract is more fruitful than Tosin's – something to bear in mind considering Fulham's current financial losses.

My perfect scenario
Ideally, Tosin signs until 2027. If he commits until 2027, we can enjoy his services and/or profit handsomely from his transfer fee. And, as much as it pains me to think about it, one day we must say goodbye to the great Tim Ream (how cool and composed would he be on a date by the way). It would not be the most romantic ending for Tosin and Fulham, but his transfer fee could lay the foundations for a new generation. Football is a business, after all.

My prediction
This is a rarity, but I really hope I am wrong on this one. I see Tosin being sold this summer. Monaco showed interest in January, and with our SW6 rivals snapping up their centre-back Benoit Badiashile for £33 million, they need a replacement. FYI, Badiashile cost about £12 million more than our entire back four...

I predict Fulham selling Tosin for somewhere in the region of £20 million this summer, before his contract runs out in June 2024. I hope I'm wrong.

https://www.fulhamish.co.uk/post/2023-04-13-issa-diop-or-tosin-who-should-be-first-choice-centre-back/

WhiteJC

Fulham and Burnley sent transfer warning over 'fantastic' Max Johnston

Motherwell 'would love' to keep Max Johnston as Burnley prepare to battle Premier League duo Fulham and Crystal Palace for the teenager signature.

There's certainly something in the water north of the border. Spain is renowned for producing nimble playmakers, England rapid-fire wingers. Scotland, meanwhile, are emerging as the nation of the full-back.

Over the last few seasons, Kieran Tierney, Josh Doig, Aaron Hickey and Calvin Ramsay all secured big moves to some of Europe's major leagues after making their name at Celtic, Hibernian, Hearts and Aberdeen respectively. And you'd be hard pressed to find a better left-back over the last five years than Liverpool's Andy Robertson.

19-year-old Max Johnston, meanwhile, is attracting interest from a number of clubs south of the border. Reports say that Crystal Palace, Fulham, West Brom and newly-promoted Burnley are among the talented right-backs admirers.

But while Johnston's Motherwell contract is due to expire in July, head coach Stuart Kettlewell has not given up hope of retaining the Scotland U21 international at Firhill.

Burnley, Fulham and Crystal Palace like Max Johnston
"There's been nothing to suggest (that he won't be here next season)," Kettlewell tells the Daily Record.

"I've got a really good relationship with Max. He's started every game since I came in and I knew he was a good player before I came in. I know how good he is. And I am seeing him improve and flourish every time he takes to the pitch."

Johnston has two goals and six assists this term; his 'fantastic' delivery from wide areas standing out. Kettlewell, meanwhile, confirms that the Middlesbrough-born Scot has been offered a new deal.

"There has been an offer made to the player. I understand that he might want to take time over that. But the simple message to Max was that we need him to go and keep performing how he has been of late, and show how good a player he is," adds the former Ross County boss.

"Sometimes everything else going on in the background can be a bit of a distraction. But he gets full marks from me with how he has handled himself in this situation.

"I can assure people that we would love to have him here next season. We are working really hard on it."

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2023/04/13/fulham-and-burnley-sent-transfer-warning-over-fantastic-max-johnston/

WhiteJC

WhiteJC

João: Plenty To Fight For

João Palhinha reiterated the importance of ending the campaign on a high.

Fulham have impressed upon our return to the top-flight, but a run of four consecutive league defeats has stunted our progress.

Nonetheless, we remain in the top half, and Palhinha is targeting a return to form during the run-in.

"We have nine more games until the end of the season," he said. "The last few matches, unfortunately we didn't win, but I think we can start to win again this weekend.

"We will do our best to start to win again because it's really important for me, my teammates, all the staff, everyone, to start winning again, because we have a lot of potential, quality in the whole team.

"What we've done until this moment, I think we need to give a lot of value to this, because it's not easy in the Premier League.

"We are doing our best, we are doing all our work, and I think we've surprised everyone. If someone told you that Fulham would be in the place we are at the moment in the Premier League, I think nobody would believe it.

"We've fallen down a little bit in terms of position unfortunately, because of the last matches. But I think, and I hope, in the last matches in the Premier League this season, that we will be in a better position, like we were before."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2023/april/13/joao-plenty-to-fight-for/

WhiteJC

Andrew Robertson elbow: Newcastle star's Mitrovic ban sympathy after Liverpool linesman clash

Callum Wilson compared Aleksandr Mitrovic's push on Chris Kavanagh with Constantine Hatzidakis 'throwing elbows' at Andrew Robertson.

Newcastle United star Callum Wilson sympathised with banned Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic after Liverpool full-back Andrew Robertson appeared to be elbowed by a linesman last weekend.

Premier League linesman Constantine Hatzidakis lifted an arm towards the Scotsman at half time during the meeting between Liverpool and Arsenal at Anfield on Sunday.

Robertson appeared to be verbally berating the official when he received a blow to the face in response.

An incredulous Robertson then protested about the incident, held his jaw and was 'absolutely apoplectic' as he claimed to be elbowed in the throat.

The FA are investigating the incident and Hatzidakis won't work at any fixtures this weekend.

Hatzidakis said: "Whatever happens, happens.

"There is nothing more I can say at the moment. I can't talk about what happened."

It comes just weeks after Fulham talisman Mitrovic was handed a huge eight-game ban for pushing referee Chris Kavanagh during an FA Cup match against Manchester United at Old Trafford last month.

There were widespread calls from pundits and fans for Mitrovic to receive a suitable ban for the incident and now Newcastle's Wilson has pointed out that similar rulings should be applied for Hatzidakis.

Speaking on the BBC Sounds Footballer's Football Podcast, Wilson said: "I couldn't believe what I was watching [the Robertson incident]. I know everyone is human and makes mistakes and having a reaction when someone is on your shoulder talking to you.

"When he's shrugged him off he's caught him on the chin and Robertson does look shocked. It's a tricky one.

"At the end of the day, look what happened with Mitrovic when he touched the referee in nowhere near the same circumstances, he's literally just put his hand on him.

"This guy is throwing elbows big man!"

"If he was a player, he would have red card straight away, he wouldn't be coming out for the second half - I thought that might happen and they put fourth official as linesman. It's a sticky one."

https://www.newcastleworld.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/andrew-robertson-elbow-newcastle-stars-mitrovic-ban-sympathy-after-liverpool-linesman-clash-4102788

WhiteJC

Fulham's interest in midfielder backed up – Silva's side 'could convince' player of summer move

Fulham's interest in Porto midfielder Mateus Uribe is now being backed up in the Portuguese media.

Today, it's newspaper Record who claims that the Whites have joined the race to sign the 32-year-old.

Uribe's contract with Porto expires at the end of the season, and that's why several sides have been getting interested in his signing.

Record writes that the midfielder doesn't have an offer in hands yet. But they do point out he's already wanted in Mexico, Brazil and now Italy and England, since Lazio and Fulham are added to the list of pretenders.

Regarding the Whites, it's pointed out that the London side could afford the salary Uribe demands, and they can also offer him the chance of playing in the 'best league in the world'.

So it's claimed that 'could convince' him to move to Craven Cottage.

Fulham had already been linked to Uribe by newspaper O Jogo at the start of the week.

It had been claimed that the English club made 'informal contacts' for the signing, and they actually stand in a good position in this race, because the Premier League are 'on top of his preferences' for a summer switch.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulhams-interest-midfielder-backed-silvas-side-convince-player-summer-move/

WhiteJC

Everton confirm fresh injury blow amid Dominic Calvert-Lewin update ahead of Fulham clash

Everton team news ahead of the Premier League fixture against Fulham.

Sean Dyche kept his cards close to his chest about whether Dominic Calvert-Lewin will return for Everton against Fulham on Saturday. The striker has missed the past nine games for the Toffees and been available for just one game since Sean Dyche's arrival as manager.

Everton have been patient with Calvert-Lewin given his previous fitness problems to ensure that he doesn't break down again. He has been back in training but Dyche did not reveal if the centre-forward will be involved.

Asked if there's any truth Calvert-Lewin will be back against Fulham at Goodison Park, the Toffees boss replied: "The truth is he is training and is going along well." Pressed on how Calvert-Lewin has looked in training, Dyche retored with a curt: "Good."

Meanwhile, Seamus Coleman has been ruled out of the clash with a hamstring injury he suffered in last weekend's 2-0 loss to Manchester United. The Everton skipper looks set for a spell on the sidelines.

Dyche said: "He's got a niggly hamstring that'll need time to settle down a bit. He's been in fine form so that's another awkward one for us. He shouldn't be too long but he won't make it for the weekend."

https://www.liverpoolworld.uk/sport/football/everton/everton-confirm-fresh-injury-blow-amid-dominic-calvert-lewin-update-ahead-of-fulham-clash-4102795

WhiteJC

Coleman to miss Fulham clash through injury

Sean Dyche will be forced into at least one change from the side that lined up against Manchester United last weekend with the news that Seamus Coleman has sustained a hamstring injury that will sideline him for the visit of Fulham on Saturday.

The club captain was forced off during the second half of the defeat at Old Trafford with the complaint and was replaced by Nathan Patterson who is now fit himself after recovering from a knee injury that had kept him out of action since the first week of January.

The Scot's cameo last weekend was his first appearance under Sean Dyche so it remains to be seen whether the new manager will instill faith in him to start in Coleman's place as a natural full-back against the Cottagers or whether he will turn to Ben Godfrey who has been starting ahead of Vitalii Mykolenko in recent games.

Godfrey was withdrawn himself against United after having a torrid time at left-back defending the Red Devils' balls over the top of the Blues' high line and struggled at right-back at the Emirates Stadium against Arsenal last month when he came on a second-half substitute.

Dyche remarked in his pre-match press conference that full match fitness was a concern where Patterson was concerned given that he has not started a match for over three months.

Meanwhile, Dyche was coy over whether Dominic Calvert-Lewin will play any part this weekend. The striker will complete a full week's training if he is involved with the group at Finch Farm tomorrow and could be passed as fit by the club's medical staff to start for the first time since the home clash against the Gunners in early February.

https://www.toffeeweb.com/season/22-23/news/43400.html

WhiteJC

Premier League clubs make decision which could impact West Ham, Fulham and Brentford

Latest development in the Premier League emerges as new ban is voted for

Premier League clubs have voted for a ban on betting companies sponsoring football shirts after all 20 clubs met on Thursday morning. The change will begin at the start of the 2026/27 season.

The logos of betting firms will still be able to be present on sleeves and on LED pitchside advertising. However, they will no longer be able to be on the front of jerseys. They currently account for six teams in the top flight, including West Ham, Brentford and Fulham.

A Premier League statement read: "Premier League clubs have today collectively agreed to withdraw gambling sponsorship from the front of clubs' matchday shirts, becoming the first sports league in the UK to take such a measure voluntarily in order to reduce gambling advertising.

"The announcement follows an extensive consultation involving the League, its clubs and the Department for Culture, Media and Sport as part of the Government's ongoing review of current gambling legislation.

"The Premier League is also working with other sports on the development of a new code for responsible gambling sponsorship. To assist clubs with their transition away from shirt-front gambling sponsorship, the collective agreement will begin at the end of the 2025/26 season."

West Ham, Brentford, Fulham others like Leeds United, Bournemouth, Newcastle United and Southampton will be able to keep their current betting sponsors for the next three years. However, after that they will have to find something new.

Serie A clubs have had a similar ban in place since 2019, whilst La Liga sides have had the same since 2021. It remains to be seen whether the Football League will follow suit.

https://www.londonworld.com/sport/football/west-ham/premier-league-clubs-make-decision-which-could-impact-west-ham-fulham-and-brentford-4102765

WhiteJC

Jeff Stelling predicts result of Everton v Fulham Premier League clash for Sky Sports

Jeff Stelling has made his prediction for big Premier League clash between Everton and Fulham at Goodison Park on Saturday (15 April).

The Toffees saw their four-game unbeaten run ended by Manchester United last weekend, but they still sit outside the relegation zone on goal difference alone.

But while predicting the weekend's results for Sky Sports Super 6 (13 April), Stelling has backed Sean Dyche's side to keep up their good home form by picking up all three points against a struggling Fulham side who have lost their last four in a row.

Yes please
It's been a while since Everton fans could claim to be expecting a victory in a game because of the amount on the line, but this is a game we should be winning.

Dyche has made the team incredibly hard to beat and while the performance against Manchester United wasn't good enough, this is a different level of opposition now.

Fulham have looked like a different side without Mitrovic, and without that physical presence up front we should feel as though we have the advantage over them all over the pitch.

The manager is likely to make some changes to the team and while Abdoulaye Doucoure is still unavailable there is hope that Dominic Calvert-Lewin could return, even if it is on the bench.

A win would see us almost certainly push up the table considering the results and fixtures of the teams around us in the table, and with just seven games to go after this one things are starting to look up for our survival chances.

https://www.goodisonnews.com/2023/04/13/jeff-stelling-predicts-result-of-everton-v-fulham-premier-league-clash-for-sky-sports/

WhiteJC

Seven players likely to leave Fulham this summer and five who might

A look ahead to the summer transfer window at Fulham as they have some decisions to make

It has been a successful season on the whole for Fulham since their return to the Premier League last year. They are currently 10th in the table.

Marco Silva's side are safe and will be keeping one eye on the next transfer window. Here is a look at their players who may well head out the exit door this summer...

Likely to leave
Tosin Adarabioyo: He hasn't had guaranteed game time this term for Fulham and a departure wouldn't be a surprise, especially with Italian clubs linked with him in January.

Paulo Gazzaniga: The goalkeeper has fallen down the pecking order at Craven Cottage and is on loan at Girona in Spain right now.

Kevin Mbabu: His move to the Cottagers last summer hasn't worked out and he was shipped to Servette earlier this year on a temporary basis.

Rodrigo Muniz, Anthony Knockaert, Ivan Cavaleiro and Terence Kongolo: The quartet are not in Silva's plans and are all currently out on loan as permanent exits beckon in the near future.

Might leave
Neeskens Kebano and Shane Duffy: They are both out of contract at Fulham at the end of June and are due to become free agents as things stand.

Marek Rodak: He is currently used as back-up between the sticks for Bernd Leno but if the London club brings in another stopper, could he be allowed to move on?

Antonee Robinson and Joao Palhinha: It isn't beyond the realms of possibility that the Whites could face a battle to keep the first-team pair.

https://www.londonworld.com/sport/football/fulham/seven-players-likely-to-leave-fulham-this-summer-and-five-who-might-4103138

WhiteJC

Marco Silva says all Fulham players must take responsibility for scoring goals

Marco Silva insisted the responsibility for Fulham's recent slump in the absence of talismanic striker Aleksandar Mitrovic is shared between all the players.

Mitrovic was handed an eight-match ban after being sent off during Fulham's FA Cup defeat at Manchester United last month after putting his hand on referee Chris Kavanagh.

The Serbia international received a standard three-match ban, but that was extended by three games for violent conduct towards a match official and another two for using certain language.

Fulham had already lost two matches before the FA Cup clash, but have continued on their downward trend, suffering five successive defeats in all competitions, but a bigger problem has been the lack of goals.

Since Mitrovic's red card, Fulham have netted just once, and suffered defeats against relegation battlers Bournemouth and West Ham, but Silva wants to shift the focus away from secondary striker Carlos Vinicius.

"We are working on it (goalscoring) of course. It's important for us to keep finding different solutions for our players," Silva said.

"Of course, as you know, instead of Mitro we have Carlos who is a striker who can play there.

"The main person for the position is of course Carlos but we have other solutions that we can work with.

"To score the goals is much more than just the striker – we have to share the responsibility between the striker, the players around the striker, the offensive midfielders, all the players that are normally used to create chances and score goals.

"Last week we played all around, it was probably one of the ones where we created quite a few chances from the sides, with crosses but we didn't provide in the best way.

"Even if Vini didn't perform at his best level in the last game, it is not fair to put just the focus on Carlos Vinicius, because all the other players around should have the responsibility to try and score as well.

"Of course it's not something that we are really concerned about but it is something that we are working on because with so much control in the game we have to create more and score more goals because the game we had last week we should have won instead of lost."

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/marco-silva-says-all-fulham-players-must-take-responsibility-for-scoring-goals/2089846861.html

WhiteJC

Exeter City injury latest on Jay Stansfield, Kevin McDonald and Joe White

Good news for the Grecians on the injury front

Exeter City manager Gary Caldwell is confident that striker Jay Stansfield and veteran midfielder Kevin McDonald will be fit to face Plymouth Argyle in tomorrow's Devon derby at St James Park. Stansfield has not played for Exeter since injuring his knee in the 2-2 draw at Fleetwood Town on April 1, but the 20-year-old is back in training and looks set to be included in the matchday squad this weekend.

McDonald was substituted in the first half of Easter Monday's 3-1 defeat to Peterborough United and while he is not yet training, Caldwell will give the 34-year-old every chance of declaring himself fit for the sell-out clash.

"Stanno has trained this week, Kegs (Chauke) has trained this week and Kev is still hopeful that he can recover in time for the game, so we will leave him until the very last minute," said Caldwell, who celebrated his 41st birthday on Wednesday.

"We have 21 players training today (Thursday) so the squad – apart from the long-term injuries – is fully fit. We have competition for places and I said to the players on Monday that no player is guaranteed a place in this game, so hopefully, training will be very competitive and the team will be picked on Saturday morning, but everyone will know their role should they be selected in that team."

The Grecians can also call on Newcastle United loanee Joe White, who has not been in the squad for the last two matches. After a sensational cameo on debut, White has struggled to hit the same heights for Exeter and Caldwell said it was through a lack of form that he has not been included in the matchday squad for the Easter double header against Bolton Wanderers and Peterborough United.

"Joe trained this week as well," Caldwell explained. "He has found himself out of the squad because of competition and he has to do more. I have spoken to him about this in terms of his daily training. He has all the talent to be a huge player at this level and I am sure, this week, he will show a reaction that is very positive and he will be back in the squad on Saturday."

Competition is certainly fierce with McDonald, Archie Collins and Harry Kite the most likely to start, although Rekeem Harper did his chances of inclusion no harm at all with an excellent display as a sub at Peterborough. He scored within a minute of his half-time introduction and with Kegs Chauke and now Academy graduate Pedro Borges in the frame, it is through forma nd performances that players will be selected and not a lack of numbers.

The Grecians have the chance to strike a dagger into the heart of Plymouth's promotion hopes this weekend, but while Exeter supporters will obviously be hoping that's the case, it is not a motivation for Caldwell.

"I don't think that's our mindset. I understand supporters and I am sure social media will be full of banter and different things on how we can affect the promotion picture, but the big thing for us is what we do, how we prepare to compete against the top teams in this league and what that does for us in terms of momentum for next season and understanding this league more.

"Yes, we can hurt their promotion push, but it is definitely not a motivation from within the training ground. It's more a motivation to give our supporters a special day at SJP."

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/exeter-city-injury-latest-jay-8348457

WhiteJC

Silva denies Fulham are coasting after comfortable season

Fulham boss Marco Silva insists his side have not downed tools after securing their Premier League safety.

The Whites visit Silva's former club Everton on Saturday on the back of five successive defeats, including their FA Cup quarter-final loss to Manchester United, and have slipped to 10th in the table.

"I can understand people who are thinking this way, but I know the club and our players, how they react their character and personality, and it is not the reason at at all," Silva said.

"If I thought it was something like that I would be the first one to stop it straightaway."

Defeat against the relegation-threatened Toffees could see Fulham drop into the bottom half of the table for the first time this season.

But the Portuguese has not given up on the club's push for Europe and believes it is a lack of confidence, not application, that has affected his side, who have made an impressive return to the Premier League.

"It's part of football, sometimes when you do the right things confidence is at the top," he said.

"But when you are not sometimes players do not have the maturity to be consistently at their best level.

"It is not a good run for us, definitely, it is not something we are used to this season or last, although that was in a different competition of course.

"It is something we are talking about and are working on and improving. Runs like this can happen at this level but the run that we had before we did so well and we were very pleased with it.

"Sometimes you have bad spells and bad runs and although you don't want it to happen we have to work hard again to do the things we did so well after the World Cup break. But our aim is to be more consistent at this level."

Fulham will still be without Aleksandar Mitrovic for the trip to Goodison Park as he serves the third game of his eight-match suspension.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/silva-denies-fulham-are-coasting-after-comfortable-season

WhiteJC

Marco Silva demands Fulham 'share the responsibility' for goals without suspended Aleksandar Mitrovic

Mitrovic was handed an eight-match ban after being sent off during Fulham's FA Cup defeat at Manchester United last month after putting his hand on referee Chris Kavanagh.

The Serbia international received a standard three-match ban, but that was extended by three games for violent conduct towards a match official and another two for using certain language.

Fulham had already lost two matches before the FA Cup clash, but have continued on their downward trend, suffering five successive defeats in all competitions, but a bigger problem has been the lack of goals.

Since Mitrovic's red card, Fulham have netted just once, and suffered defeats against relegation battlers Bournemouth and West Ham, but Silva wants to shift the focus away from secondary striker Carlos Vinicius.

"We are working on (goalscoring) of course. It's important for us to keep finding different solutions for our players," Silva said.

"Of course, as you know, instead of Mitro we have Carlos who is a striker who can play there. The main person for the position is of course Carlos but we have other solutions that we can work with.

"To score the goals is much more than just the striker - we have to share the responsibility between the striker, the players around the striker, the offensive midfielders, all the players that are normally used to create chances and score goals.

"Last week we played all around, it was probably one of the ones where we created quite a few chances from the sides, with crosses but we didn't provide in the best way.

"Even if Vini didn't perform at his best level in the last game, it is not fair to put just the focus on Carlos Vinicius, because all the other players around should have the responsibility to try and score as well.

"Of course it's not something that we are really concerned about but it is something that we are working on because with so much control in the game we have to create more and score more goals. The game we had last week we should have won instead of lost."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/marco-silva-fulham-aleksandar-mitrovic-goals-b1074030.html

WhiteJC

Chris Sutton predicts winner of Everton crunch clash v Fulham in Premier League for BBC Sport

Chris Sutton has predicted that Everton will pick up a narrow win against Fulham in their Premier League clash at Goodison Park on Saturday (15 April).

The Toffees' four-match unbeaten run came to a timid end in their 2-0 defeat to Manchester United, leaving Sean Dyche's side in 17th and only above 18th-placed Nottingham Forest on goal difference.

Writing in his weekly column for BBC Sport, Sutton admitted that Fulham had "gone on holiday" in recent weeks after a strong start to the season and that Everton could take advantage of this factor and the Goodison Park faithful to nick a 1-0 win.

"Fulham seem to be the Premier League team who have gone on holiday, and they have now lost four games in a row," he said.

"Their manager Marco Silva will have a bit of a point to prove at Goodison Park after the way things went for him during his time there, but whether his players will turn up is another matter.

"This is such a big game for Everton, though. I feel like they have to win it if they are going to stay up.

"I thought the Toffees' performance in their defeat by Manchester United last time out was pretty weak but home is where it has to happen for Sean Dyche's side and I think things will go their way this weekend."

Great opportunity
Fulham are in free-fall right now, with key striker Aleksandar Mitrovic still suspended from action and the club on the edge of falling out of the top ten in the Premier League table.

Although the Toffees were pretty feeble last weekend and didn't seem to put up much of a fight at Old Trafford – barring Jordan Pickford, who made several world-class saves – getting back in front of their homes fans could be just the antidote they need.

Every team has their off day, and Dyche won't accept a performance of that ilk again with so much on the line.

This weekend starts a favourable-looking run of fixtures for Everton, who take on Crystal Palace, Newcastle and Leicester City in their next three matches.

With just eight games of the season remaining, and four of these being at Goodison Park, Dyche could really do with picking up all three points to once again settle nerves on Merseyside.

The 2022/23 season is going to go all the way down to the wire, but a win against Fulham can improve Everton's survival hopes drastically.

https://www.goodisonnews.com/2023/04/13/chris-sutton-predicts-winner-of-everton-crunch-clash-v-fulham-in-premier-league-for-bbc-sport/