watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Should Fulham accept the £60m

Started by H4usuallysitting, April 16, 2023, 09:17:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 16, 2023, 09:36:22 PMIf Fulham wish to stay in the English Premier League and make an impact, you do not sell your best players.
Money is no substitute for certain players, and Joao is one of those players.
Selling sends out the wrong message and these players do not fall from trees.

If you wish to challenge and win Silverware.
You won't look as though your ambitious if you are selling your best asset's as you will either stand still, which leaves you to be overtaken or you go back down the snake to square one.
You have to build on what we have already achieved and not dismantle it.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Nick Bateman

It's funny how fans of today seem to worry about the finances of the club rather than having the best players. This is not Fantasy Football Manager...
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

andrew G

it is my opinion it is better to keep the best players and bring in more talent. if we let the best players go we will start a cycle of being mdiocre, then poor because of lack of ambition and then relegated. better keep him and buy in more better players and reach for the stars.

on the other hand who knows what this management team have in mind?

Pluto

There's no reason why we need to sell him. We aren't desperate for the money, he's on a long contract and happy here, settled in London and most importantly is our best player.

Teams like Wolves (Neves), Leicester (Tielemans) etc have been able to keep their best players multiple seasons. It's a lack of ambition if we can't do the same, particularly as all the above cards are in our favour

ianthailand

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on April 16, 2023, 02:58:22 PMI would be staggered if we got anywhere near 40 mil for the guy.
Agree. It will be 60+ or no deal.

ianthailand

How much do we lose if we fall out of the PL - 100 Million. Agree with poster who said we need to Keep Leno, Palhinha and Mitrovic as the backbone of the team. The rest are replaceable with good scouting/buying as per last summer.

Kingjay81

Apart from Ceceido at Brighton (who then went on strike I believe), I can't think of many times where a club of our size gets to keep a player of Palhinhas quality when a big club comes knocking.

Way I see it is that if Liverpool want him, he's gone.

Saha
Dembele (mk 1)
Van Der Saar
Sean Davis
Finnan
Dempsey
Smalling

To name but a few but life will go on and we will find another gem

toshes mate

When you have something that works well then, to a point, you can study why it works well. You can also compare it with alternatives but they'll never be quite the same, never like for like, when you measure them up since everything in nature, and therefore life, is unique in at least one way. Football players are the same. We can covet players we don't have as much as we dare but all are flawed as well as blessed. Some will tell you that everything has its price but that isn't true since some things just will not change hands, be sold or tempted away.

In team sport it isn't just the player you are trading it is the personality and net worth to the others in the whole that is being traded too.  Incoming may be better but it can also be worse, even much worse.  The adage is you cannot buy your way out of trouble and so it is best not to invite trouble in.

Some top coaching staff have that sixth sense about players and, if you employ one such sensitive, you can better tell when a deal might be worthwhile without having to even talk to the player you are thinking to let go of. 

A by product of having a great team is that together it tells you stuff you wouldn't otherwise know. The real secret is finding the almost perfect team and knowing that the next step is so much tougher than the previous step was and just may not be worth any kind of risk.  Time is always an excellent guide to best moments but it is often not so easy to read.  I think we can keep Palhinha by having better suited team mates around him but who knows which are better suited and why. We need depth and options in the club and a youngster or two to give us a future to look at with much hope. 

I think we'll see them at FFC soon if the team build continues to be sensible and we secure the best possible position in the league by season's end. That is the target I think Marco and company have right now.