watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kebano

Started by Kimbleman, April 18, 2023, 01:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimbleman

Can anyone give an update on how close he is to getting on the bench?

I was gutted for him as early season he was playing so well.

Love to seem him back before the season ends.

wback

It was in early Nov, it's estimated 4-6 months before returning to training, so it's possible we could (just) see him before the end of the season.

Could just be to say goodbye though... we all know how things are in this game.

Kimbleman

I'm not so sure. If he can regain full fitness (and recapture his previous good form) I think Marco rated him prior to his injury so likely to use him. He is (if fit) tricky and skillfull, certainly one of my favourite players 👍

Whitestone

I can't see him getting into the match day squad now we have Willian and Solomon to select from.

We Are Premier League

Think the question is, will we extend his contract by a year for him to be the 5th choice winger next season? or do we prefer to either (i) give some young player a chance, (ii) play someone out of position, or (iii) sign a stronger player and push [BDR] to 5th choice...

Will hopefully get these 4 lined up for next year as soon as possible; Solomon, Willian, Wilson and BDR.

I would prefer that we say thank you for your excellent service and seek to sign a new player that can challenge for a starting spot both centrally and out wide.

Karlos

Hopefully get him back before the end of the season and see how he goes

Its not a given we're signing Soloman permanently and with James likely to go too, we could be short of a winger or two for next season.

That is of course as long as Kebano wouldn't be holding up anyone coming through in the academy but haven't read anywhere we have another Sess/Elliot/Carvalho ready to step up

filham

I love watching Kebano always gives 100%,is tricky and knows where the goal is.
However right now he is behind Wilson, Willian, Solomon James and BDR in the pecking order, interesting to see what happens over the summer.

KJS

Neeskens gives up something we lack, he is FFC through and through and deserves a new contact just to be part of the dressing room

toshes mate

Well I like Neeskens and think the only reason he isn't playing is his injury and the simple fact there is a lot of patience required in the repair process.  Where he would be in the pecking order would be a matter of how the coaching team see him in comparison to his contenders.  Jokanovic, Cardigan-Kid and Silva have all rated Neeskens and he is a very different player to Solomon, Willian, Wilson, or anyone else on the roster.

As we cannot tell what would have happened had he not been injured then we cannot take anything away from his history with the Club.  A truly terrific and watchable player on his day with a very mixed and interesting bag of tricks with his low centre of gravity but lots of strength.  I hope his recovery is coming along just fine.  I always love seeing Kebano's name on the team sheet.

FishaPrice

Kebano looked great in the premiership at the start of the season. Can't wait until he's back!

Twig

With our current squad Neeskens is certainly behind two (at least) of our wide players. However next season we may not have Solomon, James will have gone back to Leeds and Willian will be another year older. So in those circumstances does Neeskens become a more important squad member?

FishaPrice

Quote from: Twig on April 19, 2023, 09:44:28 PMWith our current squad Neeskens is certainly behind two (at least) of our wide players. However next season we may not have Solomon, James will have gone back to Leeds and Willian will be another year older. So in those circumstances does Neeskens become a more important squad member?
I completely agree with that analysis. We should get him healthy and bank on his using him for next season.

vancouver

Good emergency cover if he is cheap. Such a weird Fulham career long stretches in the Prem/CH where he was an afterthought squad player, punctuated by short bursts of great form.

bill taylors apprentice

I believe he is back training with the squad.

KJS

You can see him in training on the official

hongkongfulham

Quote from: vancouver on April 21, 2023, 02:15:33 AMGood emergency cover if he is cheap. Such a weird Fulham career long stretches in the Prem/CH where he was an afterthought squad player, punctuated by short bursts of great form.

Agree with this, super stop start but never been trusted over long periods. I rate him really highly and think unless James starts all games until the end of the season we will need him badly.

wback

Well, good news. Sounds as if he's in the squad for tomorrow. Perhaps he can play up front?

Twig

I'm just pleased to see that he's on his way to full fitness. It will take a few sub appearances but hopefully he'll get up to speed soon.

gang

Quote from: wback on April 21, 2023, 01:45:45 PMWell, good news. Sounds as if he's in the squad for tomorrow. Perhaps he can play up front?

No afraid not, he is not a striker.

alfie

Quote from: gang on April 21, 2023, 03:11:35 PM
Quote from: wback on April 21, 2023, 01:45:45 PMWell, good news. Sounds as if he's in the squad for tomorrow. Perhaps he can play up front?

No afraid not, he is not a striker.
Nor is James but he done all right.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't