watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

False 9 against Leeds ?

Started by perry geyton, April 20, 2023, 07:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: hongkongfulham on April 21, 2023, 10:33:17 AMI was amazed Manor didnt start against Everton and quickly ate humble pie, but surely this time round he gets the nod. A superb performance and then a massive headache for selection against Villa. Lets be having you

I was amazed but happy to be proven wrong, but Solomon needs more minutes.

WindyCity

Well, however MS decides to set up, let's hope to bring in three points in this tilt.  It's there for the taking, but, as others have mentioned, it will be a difficult game, all these games in the PL are tough.  But three points would be nice, as on deck we have Villa, Citeh, and L'pool.   

perry geyton

Quote from: Southcoastffc on April 21, 2023, 03:35:23 PMWhat Marco says:

"Without Mitrović, we always have our number nine reference that is Carlos Vinicius, and we have Daniel James or Bobby," he explained. "They are the players that can play there.

"You have these two players to adapt in a slightly different role, a false nine, different profiles, playing more to attack in behind in some moments to connect in a different way.

"It is between these three players. We are going to choose one, within our strategy, for the match."
Carlos it is then, prove us wrong Carlos
Leeds defense is seriously weak due to injury problems so let's get it done...

Everyone carrying on like James is the Messiah after one good game, it's almost comical...

WindyCity

Quote from: perry geyton on April 21, 2023, 04:38:51 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on April 21, 2023, 03:35:23 PMEveryone carrying on like James is the Messiah after one good game, it's almost comical...

Agreed, and same for Wilson.  And I like Wilson, but to be honest, I think he has been rather poor this season up to this last win v Everton.  Both James and Wilson have to show me much more, some consistency, before I jump on the Messiah bandwagon.......

Southcoastffc

Quote from: WindyCity on April 21, 2023, 04:42:14 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on April 21, 2023, 03:35:23 PMEveryone carrying on like James is the Messiah after one good game, it's almost comical...

Agreed, and same for Wilson.  And I like Wilson, but to be honest, I think he has been rather poor this season up to this last win v Everton.  Both James and Wilson have to show me much more, some consistency, before I jump on the Messiah bandwagon.......
WindyCity. Your post makes it look as if I said that about James.. one game..comical
Just to clarify that I did not say that, PerryG did.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

WindyCity

Quote from: Southcoastffc on April 21, 2023, 05:09:45 PM

WindyCity. Your post makes it look as if I said that about James.. one game..comical

No problem SC.  Understood, my comment still stands.... 

McBrideOfFrankenstein

I'll remember his Chelsea header but I think it shouldn't be Vinnie.  Seeing him play in person I was struck by how little he moves and we just need more activity up front. Let the wingers wing I say.

Jules

Quote from: McBrideOfFrankenstein on April 21, 2023, 06:04:01 PMI'll remember his Chelsea header but I think it shouldn't be Vinnie.  Seeing him play in person I was struck by how little he moves and we just need more activity up front. Let the wingers wing I say.
Agree, he's just not up to it. Bring him on as a sub - fine. But don't start him and expect him to do anything different than we have seen. Play interchangeable quick pass and movers. Three of Wilson, Solomon, BDR and Willian. I'd start with Willian left, BDR centre and Wilson right. Tete and Robinson up and down flanks for crosses, and cut backs. Solomon on last 30 mins as Leeds tire after chasing shadows.

perry geyton

I think Wilson has the potential he's proved himself in the championship but lost his head after the injury,
James has been a bit part player wherever he's been with the occasional bright spark but zero consistency...

perry geyton

Quote from: Southcoastffc on April 21, 2023, 05:09:45 PM

Yes I definitely said that,