perry geyton

Perreira ? With TC pulling the strings
Or
Wilson
Or
BDR "didn't work last time"
Or
Back to Vinny ?

Personally I'd like to see Perreira with TC getting a well deserved start....

It's hard to call what Marco will do in this one

hovewhite

ffcthereligion

Quote from: perry geyton on April 20, 2023, 07:08:12 PMPerreira ? With TC pulling the strings
Or
Wilson
Or
BDR "didn't work last time"
Or
Back to Vinny ?

Personally I'd like to see Perreira with TC getting a well deserved start....

It's hard to call what Marco will do in this one

I agree with you

MickyAdamsFamily

Maybe Willian in the middle, in front of Perriera, with Solomon on the left and Wilson on the right? It's tough on BDR, but after his performance at Everton, I think Wilson earns his place. Willian is so smooth and smart. His movement and decision-making are of the highest calibre. And Solomon is a dangerman. Those three, weaving in and out, exchanging places and passes, could be potent.

Bassey the warrior

Solomon up front with Willian left and Wilson right would be my choice. No idea if he's ever played that role but he has goals in him.

I think Vinicius will start though.

perry geyton

Quote from: MickyAdamsFamily on April 20, 2023, 08:25:47 PMMaybe Willian in the middle, in front of Perriera, with Solomon on the left and Wilson on the right? It's tough on BDR, but after his performance at Everton, I think Wilson earns his place. Willian is so smooth and smart. His movement and decision-making are of the highest calibre. And Solomon is a dangerman. Those three, weaving in and out, exchanging places and passes, could be potent.
Willians an out and out winger, no way that's happening

Texas White

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on April 20, 2023, 08:29:18 PMSolomon up front with Willian left and Wilson right would be my choice. No idea if he's ever played that role but he has goals in him.

Hopefully not.

Drewry66

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on April 20, 2023, 08:29:18 PMSolomon up front with Willian left and Wilson right would be my choice. No idea if he's ever played that role but he has goals in him.

Would love to see Willian left, Solomon central and Wilson right. Who knows if it would work but would be exciting to see! Solomon has played centrally in the past although behind the striker. Perhaps not as quick as James but he's still very fast and can run in behind. Would love these three with free range to interchange and overlap each other. James did well but Solomon is much better on the ball and has shown he's a better finisher...could be exciting.

Woolly Mammoth

The key Genitalmen is to be unpredictable and surprise Leeds in the same way as we surprised Everton.
We all understand that it will be no picnic despite Leeds current problems.
Team selection and system of play has to be positive and not rely on past successes.
We do not have enough depth to be able to go into any match unless we have done our homework and ensure we play to our best or close to our best.
Leeds are where they are for certain reasons, because they are capable of being beaten by anyone, i hope they fear us as they should do.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

LC

Same team for me but with Solomon for James who I guess can't play as he'll be playing against his parent club.

I think Solomon would fit nicely into the false 9 role.

Cairney on for Reed early in the second half- I ideally would like Cairney starting games, I think he's more than good enough at this level

RaySmith

Quote from: LC on April 21, 2023, 02:03:55 AMSame team for me but with Solomon for James who I guess can't play as he'll be playing against his parent club.

Cairney on for Reed early in the second half- I ideally would like Cairney starting games, I think he's more than good enough at this level

Well, Parker put Cav up front instead of Mitro......on second thoughts!

Really, I think Solomon  could do a good job up front, definitely has an eye for goal, but maybe don't put too many high crosses into the box.

I think this will be a feisty encounter, no quarter spared or given, and they'll have their fanatical  following behind them- probably have many fans living in London, and we will have to be on our mettle, but I believe we can do this, hopefully get 3 points.
COYW!!!

Thailand Mick

Quote from: LC on April 21, 2023, 02:03:55 AMSame team for me but with Solomon for James who I guess can't play as he'll be playing against his parent club.

i agree with this,same team with solomon up top but i cannot see Marco doing it. Dont know whats happened but if marco was thinking of playing solomon in this game surely he would have bought him on at Everton for a bit at the end of the game.

filham

[/quoteYes

filham

Yes, fully agree. The same line up that performed so well away to Everton but with the pace of Solomon in place of the pace of James.

hongkongfulham

I was amazed Manor didnt start against Everton and quickly ate humble pie, but surely this time round he gets the nod. A superb performance and then a massive headache for selection against Villa. Lets be having you

Free Elvis Hammond

Another vote for Solomon, with Wilson, Pereira and Willian behind him - but agree it's more likely to be Vinicius back

toshes mate

I would guess that Marco and company are pretty shrewd about opponents' defensive preferences e.g. the teams that like to man mark certain individuals out of a game as distinct from those who prefer zones. That is why early goals in games are so priceless when circumstances dictate absences of key players.  Whoever plays down the middle either has to have blistering pace for the passes over the top or has to have exceptional possession retention skills alongside distribution and shot placement.

If we had such obvious players we would play them every week. That's why I expect another 'kind of surprise' package from Silva tomorrow which plays upon our opponent's weakness under stress.   

Mr White

Got to replace James with Solomon,if it's going no where then bring on Vinicius if we get desperate.

Southcoastffc

What Marco says:

"Without Mitrović, we always have our number nine reference that is Carlos Vinicius, and we have Daniel James or Bobby," he explained. "They are the players that can play there.

"You have these two players to adapt in a slightly different role, a false nine, different profiles, playing more to attack in behind in some moments to connect in a different way.

"It is between these three players. We are going to choose one, within our strategy, for the match."
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Southcoastffc on April 21, 2023, 03:35:23 PMWhat Marco says:

"Without Mitrović, we always have our number nine reference that is Carlos Vinicius, and we have Daniel James or Bobby," he explained. "They are the players that can play there.

"You have these two players to adapt in a slightly different role, a false nine, different profiles, playing more to attack in behind in some moments to connect in a different way.

"It is between these three players. We are going to choose one, within our strategy, for the match."

Maybe he thinks Solomon is too slight, but James isn't exactly strong. Maybe Solomon has never played up front?
Either way, we need to be playing him more if we're going to get goals, and more importantly if we want to keep him here next season. I'd be gutted if he left.