watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Putney End/Early Bird Rant...

Started by Jock White, April 23, 2023, 11:37:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jock White

We were moved from Riverside for the construction and due to the new pricing policy won't be going back.
However the facilities in the Putney End are very poor, ladies toilets extremely limited and quite frankly shocking. My former ST holding wife gave up in PE but was thinking of coming back so came to WH and Leeds games as a trial. Her view? "Why would I come back to pay increased season ticket pricing to stand crammed next to drunk away fans, queue for ages to get a rubbish pie or drink and the same for those disgusting loo's?"
As yesterday was pleasant weather we arrived early, in time for an "Early Bird" drink. For the WH game the price for a beer and wine was £9.00, yesterday the till showed £12.30, when I queried it the guy serving said "Nothing I can do, that's what the till is set to". To add insult to injury the pumps stopped working and I'd to wait 10-15 minutes to get a pint of Lager, not the Ale I'd asked for cos that was still not working.
18+% increase in ST pricing when they can't get the basics right is an effing joke.
Appreciate the space is limited but wtf?
Any email address for the club I can raise the "Early bird" situation to? Not really bothered about £3.30 but it's a scam if advertised then not delivered...

alfie

Quote from: Jock White on April 23, 2023, 11:37:03 AMWe were moved from Riverside for the construction and due to the new pricing policy won't be going back.
However the facilities in the Putney End are very poor, ladies toilets extremely limited and quite frankly shocking. My former ST holding wife gave up in PE but was thinking of coming back so came to WH and Leeds games as a trial. Her view? "Why would I come back to pay increased season ticket pricing to stand crammed next to drunk away fans, queue for ages to get a rubbish pie or drink and the same for those disgusting loo's?"
As yesterday was pleasant weather we arrived early, in time for an "Early Bird" drink. For the WH game the price for a beer and wine was £9.00, yesterday the till showed £12.30, when I queried it the guy serving said "Nothing I can do, that's what the till is set to". To add insult to injury the pumps stopped working and I'd to wait 10-15 minutes to get a pint of Lager, not the Ale I'd asked for cos that was still not working.
18+% increase in ST pricing when they can't get the basics right is an effing joke.
Any email address for the club I can raise the "Early bird" situation to? Not really bothered about £3.30 but it's a scam if advertised then not delivered...
IT's the catering company not the club that set the prices.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Jock White

Quote from: alfie on April 23, 2023, 11:40:46 AM
Quote from: Jock White on April 23, 2023, 11:37:03 AMWe were moved from Riverside for the construction and due to the new pricing policy won't be going back.
IT's the catering company not the club that set the prices.

The club sent out the mail regarding the Early Bird offer and appointed the catering company therefore it's their responsibility if the catering company is not fulfilling it's role/duty regards services.

Southcoastffc

The email address is

[email protected]

Your query WILL be answered
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Jock White

SuffolkWhite

You have to be careful when getting the early bird drinks and always ask the price!
I had this in the Hammy, Went to a bar and asked how much was a pint, got told £6.80! Explained that it should be £4.50 they replied it was the right price. Next to this bar was a lager machine and pints were £4.50. Bought 2 pints and showed them to the bar staff explaining the error of their ways. This happened about 7 games back. Always ask the price and make a fuss if it's wrong, it's not the money but the principle.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Dodger53

Tried the early bird once, charged full price because the guy serving wasn't interested or listening. Won't be trying it again.

Thamesbank

This is kinda weird, I used both machines and the kiosks before the Leeds game and had no issues, agree that some staff need better training tho as they look lost at times

KJS

Trouble is the staff are mainly terrible without the correct supervision, and there are also too many at each sales point getting in each others way!!!

Jock White

Note to club
Hi Sarah,
Thanks for your reply.
Following the Leeds game yesterday I set the below message to the club via their "Enquiries" email address.
" Hi Folks,
my wife and were moved from Riverside to Putney End for the construction of the new stand and due to the new pricing for the Riverside it's outside our means to return.
My former ST holding wife gave up in Putney End after one season due to the lack of space below the stand and lack of facilities for ladies.
I've been trying to persuade her into coming back so she came to the West Ham and Leeds games as a trial.
As yesterday was a pleasant day we arrived early, as we had for the West Ham game, in time for an "Early Bird" drink as advertised in the pre match email from the Club.
For the WH game the price for a beer and wine was £9.00, yesterday when rung through the till showed £12.30, when I queried it the young lad serving said "Nothing I can do, that's what the till is set to".
To add insult to injury the pumps stopped working and I'd to wait 10-15 minutes to get a pint of Lager, not the Ale I'd asked for as that was still not working and by this point there was a large queue at the bar.
I'm not fussed about the extra £3.30 for the drinks but surely the bar providers should be selling at the prices advertised by the club and shown on their bar top adverts.
Sadly my wife's view is "Why would I come back to pay more money when I have to stand crammed next to drunken away fans, queue for ages to get limited food or drink and those disgusting loo's are still overcrowded?"
I hope that, given the proposed increase in Season ticket prices for next season steps will be taken to address these issues.
A very disappointing experience all round and I doubt my wife will be returning.
Regards
Bill Stewart
P2 season ticket holder"
Response
Response on the Early Bird  but no other points...
HI Bill,

Thank you for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear of your experience on Saturday.

Can you please let me know what time you purchased the drinks, and our Catering manager will pick this up directly.

Thanks

My response
Hi...
Thanks for your prompt response.
My order was processed at 11.41 via ApplePay (photo attached).
As I mentioned in my email this was only part of our overall disappointing experience on the day and I hope that this is shared with others within the Fulham Customer Experience team.
Thanks and regards
Bill