watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Marcos wish list for 23 to 24

Started by Drewry66, April 23, 2023, 08:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drewry66

What a season. Loving FFC life. But how do we avoid second season syndrome and do a Brighton, Villa and even Brentford (sigh) and get even better? How do we avoid Marcos history of not doing so well second season in the prem? What is on Marcos shopping list do you think? Talk that to ensure we keep Marco we are promising big funds.

From the cottage analytica it looks like we might be in a very good position FFP wise with the potential to spend on 5 or 6 top players with a marquee signing in there. That is a very exciting position to be in and I can't wait to see what we do in summer. Imagine adding 5 or 6 top players to this squad?! How good could we be (if crucially we spend well unlike Wolves/Everton recently). If correct which 5 or 6 positions would you go for? My thoughts below cos I'm bored on a Sunday night. What are yours?

Right back

Really hoping that Ola Aina comes in on a free as think he'd be a great signing for nothing and would sort that prob out for me. That still leaves money for 5 or 6 other positions. If he doesn't we clearly need a better right back to cover for Tete

Right centre half

If Tosin signs we are sorted. Proven recently that he is class as is Diop. If Tosin doesn't sign we sell for big money and replace so gives funds anyway so not in the 5 or 6 we already have funds for.

Left centre back

Definitely need to spend here on a top left footed centre half for competition and to eventually replace ream. 1st then of my wish list spends (assuming Aina on a free)

Left back

Aina could cover there if we get him but need a top left back to cover for and push Robinson. Someone of the Moreno ilk we didn't have the money for last year whose looking quality for Villa. Second then of my 5 or 6 spends.

Defensive midfield

3rd without question. Need quality back up for Joao

Central midfield

Reed/luckic...not seen much of Luckic but think he'll come good. Sorted there.

Attacking midfield

Number 4. Definitely need good back up/alternative option to Andreas. Want someone better at creating chances in open play and someone who runs beyond the striker.

For both above we have Cairney of course who is pure class but definitely need a different profile attacking midfielder.

Left wing

Can we keep Solomon?! If we do a cost associated but not a massive one potentially as only 6 months on contract. All depends if he wants to stay. Even if not Willian and Kebano. Tempted not to count left wing as one.

Right wing

Definitely number 5. Brilliant to see Harry doing so well last few weeks. BDR has obviously done brilliantly but if we want to push on we need a top attacking right winger to push Harry

Striker

Number 6. Want a top striker to compete properly with mitrovic for me with a slightly different profile. Got to be quick to give us a plan B.

So that's it for me. Assuming Aina comes in free at right back and that we keep everyone we've currently got 6 big positions to sign:

Left centre back
Left back
Defensive midfielder
Attacking midfielder
Right winger
Striker

So hope the analysis is correct and that we have some serious FFP room this year and the Khans continue to spend (but sensibly on good signings of course)! Got such an amazing core to this team and with quality additions it could be the best season ever for Fulham next year. Could be a really exciting summer!

SerbianLad

I agree with most, although I think that we can maybe keep all of our current wingers + Solomon and Cairney and then we could sign one versatile attacker who can play all across attack (instead of a new rw, cam and striker).

LCB: I'd love Attila Szalai or Strahinja Pavlovic. Both are still very young, both are already starters for their national teams and have experience in European competition. Their ceiling is very high and their physical atributes would be suited for Premier League.

LB: Grimaldo who was linked with us would be a dream signing. World-class leftback with tons of experience who's out of contract at the end of the season. What's not to like? Maybe someone like Rogerio from Sassuolo as a backup option? I don't know. Finding elite fullbacks is the hardest thing in my opinion.

DM: Florian Grillitsch? He wanted to come to the PL last summer, but ended up at Ajax. His contract is expiring as well. A traditional dm, much more of a like for like replacement for Palhinha than Reed and Lukic. Lerma would be a good option too, in my opinion, if Bournemouth go down.

RB: Aina. It's already been said multiple times, it just makes so much sense.

Versatile attacker: Emannuel Dennis (Forest), Joao Pedro (Watford) or Bamba Dieng (Lorient) would be great (Richarlison would be the dream signing signing in my opinion, but it's very unlikely we could meet Spurs' asking price). Watford can't get promoted at the moment so Pedro could be cheap potentially, likewise with Dennis and Forest potentially going down. Bamba Dieng would be more expensive than those two probably.

SG

Surely what this season has shown is that more than ever we need top players who can cover for and challenge Mitro and Palhinha. Don't know who but we a much lesser team when either of these are absent. Also we must sign Willian for another season

hongkongfulham

Would love Phillip Billing to compete for middle of the park, always thought he was quality when ive seen him. Also would take Aina back, great squad player. Up front we have Mitro, Vini, and Muniz coming back so one of those will have to go to bring someone else in surely. I would be very excited by Adama Traore as well but i imagine pricing would be over his value.

I'd really love to see us trust Luke Harris as deputy for Pereira. Admittedly he probably needs to go on loan etc but I always feel like we should have one academy product on the fringe of the first team and he is our best bet it looks like.

Lordedmundo

Quote from: SG on April 24, 2023, 06:09:16 AMSurely what this season has shown is that more than ever we need top players who can cover for and challenge Mitro and Palhinha. Don't know who but we a much lesser team when either of these are absent. Also we must sign Willian for another season

Yes - I think these are the two positions where it is most vital that we bring in decent cover. The challenge will getting players that are happy to be cover/squad players. For Mitro's cover, maybe the best option would be to spend big on a first choice right winger who can also play up front (I'm thinking of someone with more physical presence, like a Ryan Babel, Wilfried Zaha type of player).

Agree with others that Aina would be a good signing on a free. A real bonus that he can play on either side and also at centre back.

The players I would look to move on are: Soares, Kurzawa, James, Vinicius

Provided the other players we already have under contract stay and we can sign Solomon, I don't think we need any more than 5 new players coming in.  But, that is assuming/hoping that Luke Harris and Stansfield are good enough to play a part next season..

St Eve

Start by getting Fabio back from Liverpool

The Rational Fan

Player's Club Contracts longer than 15+ Months

GK: Leno, Rodak (Rodak may need to go on loan with a loan in to cover him)
RB: Tete, Mbabu  (Mbabu will need a good pre-season or he goes out on-loan with a loan in)
RCB: Diop, _______    (Tosin with 14 months left and likely to be sold)
LCB: _______, _______ (Ream with 14 months left and likely leave on free)
LB: _______, _______ (Robinson with 14 months left and likely to be sold)
DM: Palhinha, _______ (Francois with 14 months left and likely leave on free)
CM: Reed, Lukic
AM: Pereira, Cairney/Harris (Cairney to hand over to Luke Harris over two seasons)
RW: Wilson, _______ (Reid with 14 months left and likely leave on free)
CF: Mitro, Vinícius (Vinicius will need a good pre-season or he goes out on-loan with a loan in)
LW: _______, _______ (Willian, Solomon, James and Kebano with 2 months left)

Given the above information LCB, LB, and LW are the most urgent signings for pre-season to have an XI for the first game.
Bringing in three quality signings for those three positions means we have a matchday squad for the first game, other roles can be filled after players leave.

Woolly Mammoth

I agree more or less with many of the suggestions,
However for me
the main priority is another striker above all else.
Goals change games, goals win games, because if we do not score it puts more pressure on the defence not to concede.
Relying on Mitro to hopefully score every game is fools gold because it puts pressure on him, and players play better when they are relaxed.

Please remember Mitro cannot score if he is injured or suspended,

A Centre midfielder who can create, a playmaker like Tom, and Tom should get more game time.

I agree with the defensive suggestions.

Luke Harris is quality and should figure in future games. There also has to be home grown talent that needs to flourish in the first team squad rather than bring players from the otherside of the world who are then shipped out on loan, not very bright.
Aina is an obvious choice, and remember also that any new players need to be characters and leaders and no big time charlie's who think they are doing us a favour, or players that cannot hack the physicality of English football from day one.

It could be an interesting summer but do not raise expectations too high as the disappointment will only be bigger, however if succeed and we bring in better quality the joy and delight will be magnified.

So let us be rational and relaxed, the club should know that we have to raise the level another gear.

Also please remember if negotiations do not go according to plan we may also be looking for a new manager.
A week in football is a long time, 16 weeks is an eternity.

The preseason training and conditioning and friendlies has to be spot on, as without preparation and organisation which are the key we know what happens.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

I was rather hoping we could actually see where this season ends before we do much mulling over about what happens next. There are still many hours that lay between now and the end of season and literally anything, as we saw at Old Trafford, can happen in the football front let alone gathering in all the miserable problems there are away from the more entertaining (so it says on the in) stuff.

Mitrovic may learn the secrets of long range mesmerism and convince all the officials in kingdom come that everytime he is fouled IT IS A FOUL.  I mean if the uniteds of this world can apply undue influence on matters on the pitch then so can anybody and everybody else.  Even Tony Khan may suddenly be blessed with the secrets of success in the English football transfer business and pull off a few crazy deals. And that Kavanagh fella could wake up one morning blessed with the wisdom of a real referee and suddenly make more correct decisions than mistakes.  There is no end to what is possible although sadly the FA is far too evil to be offered redemption.

Apart from some minor exceptions, anything, and I do mean, ANYTHING, can happen if you (all inclusive) really put your mind to it.   

LittleErn

As Woolley says "the main priority is another striker above all else.
Goals change games, goals win games, because if we do not score it puts more pressure on the defence not to concede.
Relying on Mitro to hopefully score every game is fools gold because it puts pressure on him, and players play better when they are relaxed.

Please remember Mitro cannot score if he is injured or suspended,"

This is by far the most important requirement for me. I also agree that we need more creativity. The other suggestions would be nice but not so crucial.

wback

One minor concern I have is that Perreira is a yard too slow for the kind of game we were playing last night. There were a couple of moments where he looked like he was breaking away, and he got caught. If he could have stepped away, the opportunities would have been there. Speed is everything in this league (and we don't have quite enough of it in midfield).

In fact, I might go so far as to say that could solve a lot of problems for us:
- The amount of covering Palinha has to to do (which is getting him bookings)
- Making our breakout quicker
- More late support arriving around Mitro

That said, a yard quicker isn't enough on its own - Perreira has lots of qualities.

LittleErn

Quote from: wback on April 26, 2023, 08:46:44 AMOne minor concern I have is that Perreira is a yard too slow for the kind of game we were playing last night. There were a couple of moments where he looked like he was breaking away, and he got caught. If he could have stepped away, the opportunities would have been there. Speed is everything in this league (and we don't have quite enough of it in midfield).

In fact, I might go so far as to say that could solve a lot of problems for us:
- The amount of covering Palinha has to to do (which is getting him bookings)
- Making our breakout quicker
- More late support arriving around Mitro

That said, a yard quicker isn't enough on its own - Perreira has lots of qualities.
Quote from: wback on April 26, 2023, 08:46:44 AMThat's a very perceptive point. We have pace up front but not in midfield (except perhaps Harrison(?).

@jolslover

Why do you think Luke Harris is quality and needs to feature .. he made one start this season against Sunderland and didn't look ready at all - was subbed off at half time looking lightweight

This is how I see it for next season

Leno (Rodak)
Tete (New backup)
Tosin (New backup)
Ream (Diop)

Palhinha (New backup)
Reed Lukic
Cairney Pereira

New Winger (Solomon)
Mitrovic (New backup)
Willian (Wilson)

That gives 22 players - 3 remaining I would have Reid, and then another new winger, and a new creative CM

So 7 signings in total .. Realistic for me

Some pics for me would be - Morelos/Dembele as striker to push Mitro - both available on frees
Ziyech as new starting winger .. Could potentially be unrealistic seeing as he nearly went PSG in Jan but I have seen us linked

Hamer at CM (Coventry) Aouar at CM

Then potentially Bellerin as backup RB - would add good experience and counts as homegrown (we were linked in Jan)
STH H3

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: @jolslover on April 26, 2023, 08:55:42 AMWhy do you think Luke Harris is quality and needs to feature .. he made one start this season against Sunderland and didn't look ready at all - was subbed off at half time looking lightweight

Leno (Rodak)
Tete (New backup)
Tosin (New backup)
Ream (Diop)

Palhinha (New backup)
Reed Lukic
Cairney Pereira

New Winger (Solomon)
Mitrovic (New backup)
Willian (Wilson)

That gives 22 players - 3 remaining I would have Reid, and then another new winger, and a new creative CM

Some pics for me would be - Morelos/Dembele as striker to push Mitro - both available on frees
Ziyech as new starting winger .. Could potentially be unrealistic seeing as he nearly went PSG in Jan but I have seen us linked

Then potentially Bellerin as backup RB - would add good experience and counts as homegrown (we were linked in Jan)

Would anyone consider Ainsley Maitland-Niles who offers cover at multiple positions, has a European cup and an FA cup and 5 England cups. Surely he is the kind of player that MS could definitely improve.

Penfold

Quote from: @jolslover on April 26, 2023, 08:55:42 AMWhy do you think Luke Harris is quality and needs to feature .. he made one start this season against Sunderland and didn't look ready at all - was subbed off at half time looking lightweight

Leno (Rodak)
Tete (New backup)
Tosin (New backup)
Ream (Diop)

Palhinha (New backup)
Reed Lukic
Cairney Pereira

New Winger (Solomon)
Mitrovic (New backup)
Willian (Wilson)

Morelos? Nowhere good enough for Premier League.

filham

The priority right now is who will
 stay, that needs to be sorted before we go shopping.

Palhina. A few big clubs reported to be interested and we have no one to step into his shoes.
Solomon. Not under contract for next season, vultures will be hovering at the small of a free.
Willian. Think he is out of contract at the end of the season and would be badly missed.
Mitro    There must always be clubs trailing him, we know how important he is to us.
Robinson. A few clubs reported to be interested, we may think we could replace him but he is probably our best left back
          since Rufus Brevet.

sarnian

We are desperate for more fire power up front. Vini and Muniz will go so that two goal scorers needed to back up Mitro.

William and Pereira who has tailed off recently will be another year older. Would bring in Scott of Bristol City who has huge potential to push Pereira. Scott can also cover a multitude of positions.

Depending if Tosin signs a new contract we have to sign new centre halves and back up full backs plus another midfielder.

Get rid of our current backups who are not premiership class.

Investment is crucial to the way the club heads next season.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: filham on April 26, 2023, 12:23:05 PMThe priority right now is who will
 stay, that needs to be sorted before we go shopping.

Palhina. A few big clubs reported to be interested and we have no one to step into his shoes.
Solomon. Not under contract for next season, vultures will be hovering at the small of a free.
Willian. Think he is out of contract at the end of the season and would be badly missed.
Mitro    There must always be clubs trailing him, we know how important he is to us.
Robinson. A few clubs reported to be interested, we may think we could replace him but he is probably our best left back
          since Rufus Brevet.

I dont see all of these players leaving and realistically Robinson is the easiest to replace so out of them all I could see him leave with Tosin.

@jolslover

Quote from: Penfold on April 26, 2023, 11:57:34 AM

Leno (Rodak)
Tete (New backup)
Tosin (New backup)
Ream (Diop)

Palhinha (New backup)
Reed Lukic
Cairney Pereira

New Winger (Solomon)
Mitrovic (New backup)
Willian (Wilson)

Morelos? Nowhere good enough for Premier League.

How did you work that one out, 15 goals in 30 europa league starts for Rangers. Never scored below 10 goals in five SPL seasons, 78 goals in 176 appearances from Rangers- loads of those 176 games have been small sub appearances too..
STH H3

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 26, 2023, 07:08:34 AMI agree more or less with many of the suggestions,
However for me
the main priority is another striker above all else.

Please remember Mitro cannot score if he is injured or suspended,

A Centre midfielder who can create, a playmaker like Tom, and Tom should get more game time.

I agree with the defensive suggestions.

Luke Harris is quality and should figure in future games. There also has to be home grown talent that needs to flourish in the first team squad rather than bring players from the otherside of the world who are then shipped out on loan, not very bright.
Aina is an obvious choice, and remember also that any new players need to be characters and leaders and no big time charlie's who think they are doing us a favour, or players that cannot hack the physicality of English football from day one.

It could be an interesting summer but do not raise expectations too high as the disappointment will only be bigger, however if succeed and we bring in better quality the joy and delight will be magnified.

So let us be rational and relaxed, the club should know that we have to raise the level another gear.

Also please remember if negotiations do not go according to plan we may also be looking for a new manager.
A week in football is a long time, 16 weeks is an eternity.

The preseason training and conditioning and friendlies has to be spot on, as without preparation and organisation which are the key we know what happens.

It's crazy to say our #1 priority should be a backup striker, when on the left wing Willians, Solomon, Kebano, and James are all scheduled to leave; unless you are comforted that Ivan Cavaleiro as our only specialist left winger. We need to fill the pre-season squad with two players in every position, then ensure we have one quality starter in each position for the first game and then replace any backups (or first XI players) that aren't good enough any more.